Seriously, Has This EVER Happened Before??

JetBlue

50 minutes ago, talonmm said:

ummm, Savvy Coaching???

Please give one example that Gase and his staff showed us from the 2020 season. 

That's the entire point.  The team isn't good enough to benefit from sophisticated plays.  They struggle just to do the basic stuff.  And that's because we have exactly 1 receiver that another team would covet and he's an old guy playing the slot.

If you watched the games yesterday, you saw amazingly gifted wide receivers making play after play, winning all the 50/50 balls, turning mediocre quarterback throws into highlight reel material.  We are bereft of talent and injured at the most important skill position because of bad GM's making bad decisions and having bad priorities and all the whining about Adam Gase playcalling doesn't mean a thing as a result.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If not for the injury bug we'd be winning games and Gase wouldn't be in trouble to begin with.

SAR I

Right. Because his play calling has been so stellar, and he's tailored his offense to fit the personnel he's working with.

Got it.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I defended Gase last season.   I thought he might improve with Darnold together this season.

The Jets are not even competitive.  That is lousy coaching.

Period.   End of discussion.  Seriously, there is no case to excuse him of this anymore.

Our roster is worse than last year!

Take Jamal and Robbie off the team.  Replace them with nobody.  And what, expect the Jets to be 3-2 today?  Against better competition that last year?

The roster is worse and the opponents are better.  Except Denver.  And the defense collapsed completely, we had a fourth quarter lead that Gregg Williams blew.

Gase has been dealt a dreadful hand.  Feel bad for the guy.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, shevys said:

Right. Because his play calling has been so stellar, and he's tailored his offense to fit the personnel he's working with.

Got it.

He did that last year when he went 6-2.  Its not like these football professionals take stupid pills and lose all their abilities in six months.  If the team had more talented players we'd be winning games, period.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

It almost feels like we let a lot of malcontents, underperformers, and expensive old guys go and didn't replace them with anyone, right?

Because that's exactly what's happened.  Injuries and the missing draft class are brutal and can't be overcome by savvy coaching.  And yet fans on JN ignore that, act like we should just be playing good ball, and want to fire the poor bastard brought here to help turn things around.

SAR I

He hasn't turned things around, his O is ranked lower than what we had under Bowles. 

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's the entire point.  The team isn't good enough to benefit from sophisticated plays.  They struggle just to do the basic stuff.  And that's because we have exactly 1 receiver that another team would covet and he's an old guy playing the slot.

If you watched the games yesterday, you saw amazingly gifted wide receivers making play after play, winning all the 50/50 balls, turning mediocre quarterback throws into highlight reel material.  We are bereft of talent and injured at the most important skill position because of bad GM's making bad decisions and having bad priorities and all the whining about Adam Gase playcalling doesn't mean a thing as a result.

SAR I

It really amazes me that someone who has been a fan of football could know so little about it. So how about Gases presser. He said the team looked great in practice and he expected to win. What does that say about his skill as a HC. 

Don't tell me something like "What do you expect him to say" because it certainly would not be that. It would be a BB line. We need to get better. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

He did that last year when he went 6-2.  Its not like these football professionals take stupid pills and lose all their abilities in six months.  If the team had more talented players we'd be winning games, period.

SAR I

It's been 5 games and we look like hot garbage. The players suck, that we can all agree on, but the things somewhat in Gase's control (penalties, situational awareness, team meetings, time management, injury management - looking at Becton and Darnold here) pretty much suck across the board.  For that, Gase should be held accountable. Simple as that. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It really amazes me that someone who has been a fan of football could know so little about it. So how about Gases presser. He said the team looked great in practice and he expected to win. What does that say about his skill as a HC. 

Don't tell me something like "What do you expect him to say" because it certainly would not be that. It would be a BB line. We need to get better. 

What makes you think he knows anything about football. I bet him or any family members never played the game. He's a person with money who bought PSL's and pretends to be a fan and he's just  here  to piss some off on this message board. 

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He hasn't turned things around, his O is ranked lower than what we had under Bowles. 

Turning things around in the long term.  Evaluating players, coaching youngsters, building a roster with Douglas.

There is no way to turn around this roster in this injured condition.  Bill Walsh would be 0-5.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

For someone who pretends to be so smart about football, you certainly are most gullible when it comes to the most meaningless part of the entire sport-  head coach press conferences where the goal is to say nothing and get out of the room without throwing your owners, GM, or players under the bus.  Gase's press conference is the smoking gun to get him fired?  LOL.  Who do you like better, The Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus?

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If Adam Gase were allowed to speak the truth, he would say:

"Mike Maccagnan f-cked you.  I'm here to help fix things.  It's going to take years.  Fire me if you like, I'm rich as f-ck, and I've got many good friends and peers around the league who begged me not to take this job and, trust me, none of them are coming here either.  I think I can do this.  I'm the only one who wants to even try.  Shut up and let me."

SAR I

9 minutes ago, shevys said:

It's been 5 games and we look like hot garbage. The players suck, that we can all agree on, but the things somewhat in Gase's control (penalties, situational awareness, team meetings, time management, injury management - looking at Becton and Darnold here) pretty much suck across the board.  For that, Gase should be held accountable. Simple as that. 

Gregg Williams.  He's your man.  The defense got 99% of the Jets investment this past decade and we had some strong defensive play last year.  We've gone completely backwards and we aren't that injured and that bereft of talent on that side of the ball.  The dumb penalties are always on the D, not the O.  Better defensive play gets us the win against Denver, we had a 4th quarter lead.

Gase is coaching a lesser team than last year due to continued injuries, talented players shown the door, and their replacements in the hospital.  There's no way to judge him as a playcaller or offensive mind.  We judge him on how he handles the locker room and the media and so far he gets a B+, above average, no complaints.

If/when the wounded return to play and if/when we keep on losing, at that time you can close the book on Adam Gase.  Not before.

SAR I

It's a mixture of bad luck, a bad situation, and a bad job by the staff. COVID screwed up everyone's camp, we've seen unprecedented soft tissue injuries around the league but a small portion of our fanbase ignores that when talking about the health of our draft class. Every team is suffering from a ton of injuries. 

At some point, with so many injuries, you have to point a finger at the training staff and coaching staff, especially when you hear some players complain that practice isn't hard enough. This is why and where you get a gluttony of soft tissue injuries--when you go 75% in practice all the time and have no preseason games. Then guys go full speed for a short period of practice, or in a regular season game, and poof--you have injuries galore.  This is clearly what happened with Mims, a guy with no injury history.  

Becton was a freak injury. Zuniga and Hall have injury histories but that was baked into their draft slot. Perine is healthy but can't beat out Frank Gore on the depth chart thanks to Gase; heaven forbid we lose Gore's 3.2 ypc. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

It almost feels like we let a lot of malcontents, underperformers, and expensive old guys go and didn't replace them with anyone, right?

Because that's exactly what's happened.  Injuries and the missing draft class are brutal and can't be overcome by savvy coaching.  And yet fans on JN ignore that, act like we should just be playing good ball, and want to fire the poor bastard brought here to help turn things around.

SAR I

5-0 baby.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Turning things around in the long term.  Evaluating players, coaching youngsters, building a roster with Douglas.

There is no way to turn around this roster in this injured condition.  Bill Walsh would be 0-5.

SAR I

The team last to Brett Rypien flying across country on short rest.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Our roster is worse than last year!

Take Jamal and Robbie off the team.  Replace them with nobody.  And what, expect the Jets to be 3-2 today?  Against better competition that last year?

The roster is worse and the opponents are better.  Except Denver.  And the defense collapsed completely, we had a fourth quarter lead that Gregg Williams blew.

Gase has been dealt a dreadful hand.  Feel bad for the guy.

SAR I

I play a lot of live poker... well I did before COVID anyway.

Good card players can still win a hand here and there even if the cards are mostly sh*t to sometimes break even, or at least limit losses.

Nothing can help an unjustifiably arrogant player that complains about bad beats with a loser's attitude... not even good cards.   

That's what Gase is.  

And he has been dealt some good cards, it's just that they play better in somebody else's hand.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

It's wild but are guys like Zuniga and more especially Clark and Hall all actually on IR or is it like a loophole thingy to not put them on the practice squad?

But let's not count out Ashtyn Davis.  He played 22 snaps on Sunday!!!!!!!

On a side note, a healthy L'aMical Perine did not take a single snap on offense.

We need Gase to get COVID

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

And he has been dealt some good cards, it's just that they play better in somebody else's hand.

What is Todd Bowles record with this team right now?

What is Rex Ryan's record with this team right now?

What is Kyle Shanahan's record with this team right now?

Hint:  The same.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Bill wash wouldn't be running this joke of an offense where you run on second and 30

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

SAR I

Over under on how long until SAR’s 12,000 rep points turn negative 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

For someone who pretends to be so smart about football, you certainly are most gullible when it comes to the most meaningless part of the entire sport-  head coach press conferences where the goal is to say nothing and get out of the room without throwing your owners, GM, or players under the bus.  Gase's press conference is the smoking gun to get him fired?  LOL.  Who do you like better, The Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus?

If Adam Gase were allowed to speak the truth, he would say:

"Mike Maccagnan f-cked you.  I'm here to help fix things.  It's going to take years.  Fire me if you like, I'm rich as f-ck, and I've got many good friends and peers around the league who begged me not to take this job and, trust me, none of them are coming here either.  I think I can do this.  I'm the only one who wants to even try.  Shut up and let me."

SAR I

Do you even listen to the pressers. He has habitually thrown the players under the bus. He threw Wesco under the bus on the failed 4th and 1. We always get a yard with Wesco in there. It didn't get done that time. 

Look, I know there is a freaking lack of talent on this team, but that is no reason to call the dog ? O he does. He is not putting anyone in a position to succeed, least of all Sam. Sam looked better as a rookie than he does now. He looks shell shocked out there. 

I was really hoping Gase would be the answer here. I was high on him when he was hired but he has shown nothing and for that matter outside of the Becton pick, everything JD has done has been dog ? as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Bill wash wouldn't be running this joke of an offense where you run on second and 30

Yeah, when coaches run on 2nd and 30 and it works they call him "genius" and "innovative".  But Gase tries to do what you want him to do, run this high risk stuff, and there you go, it didn't work.

Bill Walsh never would have taken this godforsaken job.  Gase did because he's trying to get a second chance to make the NFL work.  The Jets are in the exact same spot.  Two underdogs, struggling to get better. 

You don't get an A+ head coach when you are an F of a franchise.  Savvy?  You don't run around all summer saying we are a 5 win team and then cry bloody murder when we open like a 5-11 team does.  Savvy?  You don't fire a head coach who is not responsible for a single player on the field save Becton who looks to be an absolute star.  Savvy?

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

SAR I

www.google.com/translate

This is an English speaking site!

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, when coaches run on 2nd and 30 and it works they call him "genius" and "innovative".  But Gase tries to do what you want him to do, run this high risk stuff, and there you go, it didn't work.

Bill Walsh never would have taken this godforsaken job.  Gase did because he's trying to get a second chance to make the NFL work.  The Jets are in the exact same spot.  Two underdogs, struggling to get better. 

You don't get an A+ head coach when you are an F of a franchise.  Savvy?  You don't run around all summer saying we are a 5 win team and then cry bloody murder when we open like a 5-11 team does.  Savvy?  You don't fire a head coach who is not responsible for a single player on the field save Becton who looks to be an absolute star.  Savvy?

SAR I

BS, it is because ownership screwed up the whole search process that we have Gase instead of the guy on the Cardinals. It was documented that CJ was interviewing HC candidates behind Macs back while he was still GM. How screwed up was that. That is why we defaulted to Gase. On top of that CJ was forcing Williams on the new HC. Honestly I liked the move at the time but I now see how messed up that was. Who is CJ to tell any coach this is the guy you have to work with. As a matter of fact, the Jets were an attractive destination because of Darnold. Now he is just a empty shell so you are right at this moment, we are a freaking dumpster fire and Gase has been pouring gas on it for weeks.

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

BS, it is because ownership screwed up the whole search process that we have Gase instead of the guy on the Cardinals. It was documented that CJ was interviewing HC candidates behind Macs back while he was still GM. How screwed up was that. That is why we defaulted to Gase. On top of that CJ was forcing Williams on the new HC. Honestly I liked the move at the time but I now see how messed up that was. Who is CJ to tell any coach this is the guy you have to work with. As a matter of fact, the Jets were an attractive destination because of Darnold. Now he is just a empty shell so you are right at this moment, we are a freaking dumpster fire and Gase has been pouring gas on it for weeks.

None of this history matters.

What matters is that Joe Douglas and Adam Gase are here, they like each other, they work well together, and they are the ones who are going to drag us out of this endless loop of GM's and HC's who dislike each other and have made us into the laughingstock we are today.

Get onboard.  Let Joe and Adam do their jobs.  It took 10 years to make us this bad, it's going to take more than 1 year to get us good again.  Jets fans are not entitled to a great head coach.  Ending the dysfunction gets the Jets on that path.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What matters is that Joe Douglas and Adam Gase are here, they like each other, they work well together, and they are the ones who are going to drag us out of this endless loop of GM's and HC's who dislike each other and have made us into the laughingstock we are today.

Get onboard.  Let Joe and Adam do their jobs.  It took 10 years to make us this bad, it's going to take more than 1 year to get us good again.  Jets fans are not entitled to a great head coach.  Ending the dysfunction gets the Jets on that path.

SAR I

Gase will be fired at seasons end unless he starts winning games. Look at the schedule we have. There is not one game you can say this is a win. We very well could go winless this season. If we do, I will totally despise  Gase. 

I couldn't give a crap if they like each other. JD job is to get food players, Gase is to win games. Neither has do e their job to this point. I will give JD another season but he better do something other than hit on his first round selection. 

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Regarding the love for our punter he is 29th in net punting average and 23rd in punting average.  No big change if not a downgrade from lach edwards so i do not know where all of this Mann is a hero is coming from.

Ficken is the true hero, if we're being honest with ourselves.

Mann just needs more weppinz.  A better gunner would do wonders.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

But, but 5-0..

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

SAR I

Next player needs to step up. That’s what coaching is about. And Gase has failed miserably in getting this team prepared. To lose the way we have in the last 2 years is pathetic and embarrassing.  This ‘team’ if you have the cajones to call it that, is constantly unprepared, undisciplined and lacks heart, passion, imagination and consistency. So step down @SAR I

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Exactly right.  Joe Montana would hit Jerry Rice on a slant in stride 8 yards down the field and they would run the ball on third and 2.  

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

giphy.gif

• Haha 1