Seriously, Has This EVER Happened Before??

JetBlue

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Next player needs to step up. That’s what coaching is about. And Gase has failed miserably in getting this team prepared. To lose the way we have in the last 2 years is pathetic and embarrassing.  This ‘team’ if you have the cajones to call it that, is constantly unprepared, undisciplined and lacks heart, passion, imagination and consistency. So step down @SAR I

Why is it pathetic and embarrassing to lose a competition when you don't have the players to compete? If Sar 1 raced his rented BMW against a pre-owned Porsche 911 he would lose.  That's if he went to BMW for his oil change and the pre-owned Porsche went to Jiffy lube.  

31 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Why is it pathetic and embarrassing to lose a competition when you don't have the players to compete? If Sar 1 raced his rented BMW against a pre-owned Porsche 911 he would lose.  That's if he went to BMW for his oil change and the pre-owned Porsche went to Jiffy lube.  

That's a good analogy. The injuries have been crushing. How do you get an Oline up to speed with no preseason. Becton looked besstly & wham, he goes down. We lost all of our WRs & even Crowder for 1 of the 5 games. Bell went out after 1 game! 

What is truly baffling is how bad this defense is based on how many (9 out of 10) years we selected defense in the 1st round. QW should have been Josh Allen & at least we'd have 1 Edge rusher. SAR 1 is right on point with Maccagnan truly f*cking this organization up the azz! Horrific drafts! Always picked the wrong guy! And wrong positions! 3 free agent disasters (huge money disasters) in Trumaine Johnson, CJ Mosely & Bell. Just look at a team like the Patriots who rarely go big in free agency & who did BB target? Stephon Gilmore! Jets brass watched this guy 2 times a year! 

Look at the 2019 draft, 3rd round, Macc passes on a guy a lot of Jet fans wanted, Chase Winovich but took Polite! Polite SUCKED, and now I get to watch Chase sacking the QB for the Pats. 

SAR is right about 1 thing, the damage Idzik/Macc did to this organization for 10 years is so deep & you add the injuries and it's truly a clusterf*ck of epic proportions. This was the year it truly caught up to us for just the simple fact that every other team has improved in some way. The Bills & Dolphins, have improved now. Healthy, we'd still probably lose, but at least we'd have a fighting chance of scoring more points with our complete offense. I have to remember, Gase is just a coach, he's not a miracle worker. Kyle Shanahans banged up 49ers got smoked Sunday. 

Every young QB in this league now has a stud WR or 2 or 3. Herbert last night, Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, Bosa on defense. Josh Allen now has Brown, Diggs, Beasley. Right now we have Crowder & that's it, no one else can get open or catch the damn ball with any consistency. And Crowder has gone over 100 3/5 games so imagine how stopping him would open Mims/Perriman/V.Smith if we could get them on the field? Herndon has been an abject failure! Griffins injury has killed him, he's toast, and Wesco is a glorified 5th lineman. Our talent STINKS with these injuries. 

When you look deeper, Gase is f*cked! I wouldn't wish this current cast on any coach. And the one game we found offense, our sh*tty defense & GW didn't hold up their end. Sunday, Jets score, 17-10, Cards go right down & score 24-10. Gase does have a tough gig, toughest in this league for sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Next player needs to step up. That’s what coaching is about.

No, that's a rah-rah fan cliche, it's not reality.  See, when you have the worst roster in the NFL it means you are skin-deep, it means you have just barely enough for a passable group of first stringers and then things fall apart very quickly.  Jeff Smith and Lawrence Cager shouldn't even be in the NFL.  Jamison Crowder would be a benchwarmer in Seattle.

6 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

This ‘team’ if you have the cajones to call it that, is constantly unprepared, undisciplined and lacks heart, passion, imagination and consistency.

I've never seen a three-legged horse win the Kentucky Derby.  You aren't entitled to a winning record when your starters are in the hospital and the backups couldn't cut it in the XFL.  You are entitled to a rebuild.  Learn to accept it.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Exactly right.  Joe Montana would hit Jerry Rice on a slant in stride 8 yards down the field and they would run the ball on third and 2.  

My bad!  I didn't realize that Joe Flacco to Jeff Smith was the new Montana to Rice!

FIRE GASE!

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

SAR is right about 1 thing, the damage Idzik/Macc did to this organization for 10 years is so deep & you add the injuries and it's truly a clusterf*ck of epic proportions. This was the year it truly caught up to us for just the simple fact that every other team has improved in some way. The Bills & Dolphins, have improved now. Healthy, we'd still probably lose, but at least we'd have a fighting chance of scoring more points with our complete offense. I have to remember, Gase is just a coach, he's not a miracle worker. Kyle Shanahans banged up 49ers got smoked Sunday. 

Gospel.  This is how millions of smart Jets fans see it.  And it's why Adam Gase is going to be our head coach in 2021.

SAR I

49 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It can't save him forever, it happens every year to him.  I wish we could see him coach a healthy team but I don't think it will happen.

This is his saving grace. If Perriman, Mims, V.Smith come back, the Oline gets 3/4 games in a row together & we start seeing some offense with Sam healthy it could save his career. Will it happen? Anyone’s guess but he needs the horses healthy. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

It almost feels like we let a lot of malcontents, underperformers, and expensive old guys go and didn't replace them with anyone, right?

Because that's exactly what's happened.  Injuries and the missing draft class are brutal and can't be overcome by savvy coaching.  And yet fans on JN ignore that, act like we should just be playing good ball, and want to fire the poor bastard brought here to help turn things around.

SAR I

I'm sorry but I am not giving Gase or Williams a pass because of this.  They are still responsible for preparing his team to compete and for the majority of games this team has looked totally unprepared and unfocused.  Lack of talent has nothing to do with that.  That is on the coaching staff. 

22 hours ago, nycdan said:

Well Ricky Williams missed a few games due to injury his rookie year.  So that was the Saints' entire draft class out.

That was another first if I recall. Has any other team ever traded their entire draft before to move up for one player?  WTF was Ditka thinking?  No wonder he never got another NFL job again lol.  

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Apparently Joe Douglas went to the John Idzik & Mike Maccagnan School Of Drafting, located in sunny Florham Park!

I'm really not knocking his drafting. With the exception of his only taking one receiver, I was pretty much okay with the majority of his picks, even taking playes with injury histories like Zuniga and Hall because the potential upside.   My post was not so much an indictment against him, as just utter ridiculous situation of all of these guys somehow getting hurt at or around the same time.   Maybe it's the training staff but something needs to looked at. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

I'm really not knocking his drafting. With the exception of his only taking one receiver, I was pretty much okay with the majority of his picks, even taking playes with injury histories like Zuniga and Hall because the potential upside.   My post was not so much an indictment against him, as just utter ridiculous situation of all of these guys somehow getting hurt at or around the same time.   Maybe it's the training staff but something needs to looked at. 

firstoff...  PEACE!! right? 

am just pointing out that randomness is at the heart of it. in European soccer fans of my team do the samething of there is a rash. OH THE TRAINING STAFF!!! OH THE MANAGER!!!  and then a  year or 2 passes and  the rash goes down to a more "normal" amount of injuries with the same damned training staff. am pretty sure the Jets cruised through 1998 pretty much unscathed as I recall...   

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

firstoff...  PEACE!! right? 

am just pointing out that randomness is at the heart of it. in European soccer fans of my team do the samething of there is a rash. OH THE TRAINING STAFF!!! OH THE MANAGER!!!  and then a  year or 2 passes and  the rash goes down to a more "normal" amount of injuries with the same damned training staff. am pretty sure the Jets cruised through 1998 pretty much unscathed as I recall...   

I get it.  I really do, but it is not just that there have been injuries, every team has them and they do often come in bunches.  I've been following sports long enough to know this (btw I'm a Yankee fan and their injury situation these last few years makes the Jets look like they are the very picture of Health).  My point is about the DRAFT CLASS.  It is more just the disappointment in not being about to see what these players have to offer at this level.   That was one of the few things I was looking forward to seeing.  Hopefully after the bye we will have most of these guys on the field and can finally have a reason to watch this team the rest of the year.  

12 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

My point is about the DRAFT CLASS.  It is more just the disappointment in not being about to see what these players have to offer at this level.

frustrating AF....    eventhe LB we got off Balt went down...

the OL is at 19th run, 23rd pass   per FO. thats an uptick that may continue ticking up... right?

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2020 at 4:02 PM, SAR I said:

That's the entire point.  The team isn't good enough to benefit from sophisticated plays.  They struggle just to do the basic stuff.  And that's because we have exactly 1 receiver that another team would covet and he's an old guy playing the slot.

If you watched the games yesterday, you saw amazingly gifted wide receivers making play after play, winning all the 50/50 balls, turning mediocre quarterback throws into highlight reel material.  We are bereft of talent and injured at the most important skill position because of bad GM's making bad decisions and having bad priorities and all the whining about Adam Gase playcalling doesn't mean a thing as a result.

SAR I

You proved my point - You don't have a single example of "great coaching" by our owner-proclaimed "Genius" Head Coach.

13 minutes ago, talonmm said:

You proved my point - You don't have a single example of "great coaching" by our owner-proclaimed "Genius" Head Coach.

"Great coaching" of this year's team this talentless and this injured is merely defined by keeping them focused and playing hard.  Our offense isn't quitting.  They're giving it their all.  Just too many backups who shouldn't be on an NFL roster.

Last year, the Jets finished 6-2 after a 1-7 start.  That's great coaching too.

Gase has the thankless job of cleaning up Mike Maccagnan's mess.  And he's handling it professionally and making good decisions.

SAR I