Adam Gase open to relinquishing play calling duties.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Just f'cking announce your resignation you idiot.  Nobody wants you.  Nobody likes you.  You are hated here in NY. Get out now.

If Adam Gase could talk at press conferences, he'd have said:

"Mike Maccagnan f-cked you.  I'm here to help fix things.  It's going to take years.  Fire me if you like, I'm rich as f-ck, and I've got many good friends and peers around the league who begged me not to take this job and, trust me, none of them are coming here either.  I think I can do this.  I'm the only one who wants to even try.  Shut up and let me."

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Well they could call his bluff. Maybe one of the Super posters here can create a poll and then send the results to chris and woody.  The choices should be from the existing coaching staff.  The only thing I would say is gase shouldn’t be the guy who pick the play caller.  Maybe Douglas should do it.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Adam Gase is not, and will never be, a good football head coach.

I'm sorry, did I miss the memo where it said you were entitled to a good football coach?

The Jets have been qualified to get nothing more than bottom-of-the-barrel GM and HC talent since 2001.  You know all that "dysfunction" you hear about?  The thing we all agree we need our ownership to stop doing, to make this revolving door of weak GM's and HC's go in and out of here every 3-5 years and keep us in this endless loop?

That's what's happening right now.  The way we attract the very best NFL talent in the future is to behave like one of the very best NFL franchises.  You can't get the very best HC prospect until you get a great GM, build from within, start with the lines, get a franchise quarterback, and start to sniff .500.  And when you have all those ducks in a row, that's when you can go and get a great head coach from another team to come here.

We have to make the first move.  The Jets have to get a GM and a HC and commit to them and leave them alone for a few years and get this thing straightened out.  Even if it fails it sends a message to the league, to agents, to coaching talent, that we aren't Siberia for their careers.  That's how Baltimore did it.  That's how the Eagles are doing it.  That's how it works.  And that's what we're doing right now.

And as fans you need to grow the hell up.  You have become a big part of the problem.  No great HC would want to come here where fans spew hate on social media and fly planes and buy billboards and print t-shirts demanding termination after 4 weeks.  These guys have wives and kids and brands and they don't want this sh-t no matter how much you're willing to pay them.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm sorry, did I miss the memo where it said you were entitled to a good football coach?

The Jets have been qualified to get nothing more than bottom-of-the-barrel GM and HC talent since 2001.  You know all that "dysfunction" you hear about?  The thing we all agree we need our ownership to stop doing, to make this revolving door of weak GM's and HC's go in and out of here every 3-5 years and keep us in this endless loop?

That's what's happening right now.  The way we attract the very best NFL talent in the future is to behave like one of the very best NFL franchises.  You can't get the very best HC prospect until you get a great GM, build from within, start with the lines, get a franchise quarterback, and start to sniff .500.  And when you have all those ducks in a row, that's when you can go and get a great head coach from another team to come here.

We have to make the first move.  The Jets have to get a GM and a HC and commit to them and leave them alone for a few years and get this thing straightened out.  Even if it fails it sends a message to the league, to agents, to coaching talent, that we aren't Siberia for their careers.  That's how Baltimore did it.  That's how the Eagles are doing it.  That's how it works.  And that's what we're doing right now.

And as fans you need to grow the hell up.  You have become a big part of the problem.  No great HC would want to come here where fans spew hate on social media and fly planes and buy billboards and print t-shirts demanding termination after 4 weeks.  These guys have wives and kids and brands and they don't want this sh-t no matter how much you're willing to pay them.  

SAR I

What an absolute load of crap. Gase is terrible. The team becomes better once he leaves the building.

And the Jets could have had a good HC were it not for peyton manning without whom Gase would’ve never been hired by the Jets.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

We hired him because he is an offer since genius if he can't call offensive plays that work why is he still here?

Because in trying to hire a great offensive coordinator we accidentally found a great head coach.  

SAR I

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol bro just quit the job. I mean, you basically quit yesterday on 2nd & 24

77405345-08A8-47C8-9494-3EBC05A7B594.jpeg

I thought that Chris Johnson said that Gase was an offensive genius.  

Why would our offensive genius even think about giving up the play calling duties?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

"Mike Maccagnan f-cked you.  I'm here to help fix things.  It's going to take years.  Fire me if you like, I'm rich as f-ck, and I've got many good friends and peers around the league who begged me not to take this job and, trust me, none of them are coming here either.  I think I can do this.  I'm the only one who wants to even try.  Shut up and let me."

SAR I

Drop the pretense. That's exactly what you would say.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

it's the fans fault. 100%

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think the real question is how many planes, banners, tweets & t-shirts are there if said coach actually won games and produced an offense that was good for at the least 15th in the league?

That's like a chicken and egg thing, the fans will always suck which makes the team suck which makes the fans suck more, on so on.... we are caught in a feedback loop of suck since Namooth made the deal with the devil in 69

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think the real question is how many planes, banners, tweets & t-shirts are there if said coach actually won games and produced an offense that was good for at the least 15th in the league?

That's like a chicken and egg thing, the fans will always suck which makes the team suck which makes the fans suck more, on so on.... we are caught in a feedback loop of suck since Namooth made the deal with the devil in 69

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes, I want my head coach running around on the sidelines clapping his hands instead of working with pen and paper trying to fix the broken roster he inherited.  Doesn't matter if the coach is good or not, just make him bouncy like Carroll or boisterous like Ryan and all is well in Jetsland.

SAR I

Okay, I can see the argument to this. Question... Given what you said above, what exactly WOULD you like to see Adam Gase do on the sidelines? From what I can see (I could very well be completely wrong) it looks like he spends the majority of his time looking over the sheets he has and calling offensive plays. Maybe I've missed it, but I feel like I don't really see much of him getting together with his coaches or players - even just the offensive ones. When the defense is on the field I feel like most of the time he is by himself on the bench or off to the side with his sheets and tablet. It seems like his typical focus is play calling and whatever it is he believes constitutes game planning. Additionally, he seems to do this mostly on his own. If we were winning or competent, I could also care less what he does on sideline, if it works. I'm going to assume from your post (please correct me if wrong) that youre comfortable with how he "coaches" throughout out the game, which appears to be heavily, if not entirely offensive playcalling and game planning...

I'm wondering, in all seriousness, can you honestly say the play calling and game plan has been good? The area Gase spends the game addressing and is seemingly his only game time responsibility is good... or even acceptable to you? I cant argue this team has little talent. Likewise, can you honestly argue that the play calling and game plans have been at all adequate or effective? Does our offensive play calling and schemes and game plan adequately reflect the efforts of a head coach that spends all or most of his time tending to  only those aspects of the game?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Okay, I can see the argument to this. Question... Given what you said above, what exactly WOULD you like to see Adam Gase do on the sidelines? From what I can see (I could very well be completely wrong) it looks like he spends the majority of his time looking over the sheets he has and calling offensive plays. Maybe I've missed it, but I feel like I don't really see much of him getting together with his coaches or players - even just the offensive ones.

What I would like to see is exactly what I saw when we won 6 of our 8 games last year.  Perception is a funny thing, this body language stuff and this cold to the media stuff doesn't matter to anyone except fans and their conspiracy theories.  Gase has 40 seconds to pick the next play and he's customarily got 4 of his offensive linemen playing in unnatural positions, 3 of his WR's who should be in street clothes, and a QB who can't hit the side of a barn.  He's got 400 plays on that sheet, hell yeah, take the time, look at the sheet, take notes, do whatever you need to do to find some plays that will work with this M*A*S*H unit.  I get that the optics are bad.  But the guy is a very hard worker.  This is how he works.

6 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I'm wondering, in all seriousness, can you honestly say the play calling and game plan has been good? The area Gase spends the game addressing and is seemingly his only game time responsibility is good... or even acceptable to you? I cant argue this team has little talent. Likewise, can you honestly argue that the play calling and game plans have been at all adequate or effective?

In all seriousness, I can't tell.  I don't know if its Gase or if its the roster but I see the lack of talent on O for the past 2 seasons and I can't say that what's out there can handle more sophisticated plays.  Motion, deception, tricky routes, trick plays, that stuff takes a lot of work, a lot of practice, a lot of coordination, and guys who are just learning the base playbook don't have the time to get up to speed on the rest.  Jeff Smith and Kellen Ballage?  These guys Gase needed to coach up for the Denver game.  Jeff Smith is an undrafted practice squad guy.  Ballage some journeyman backup to a backup on his third team in three years.

What my eyes see and what the NFL experts say is that the Jets have the worst roster in the NFL, the result of a decade of terrible GM's making terrible draft and free agent decisions.  And then I see us going 6-2 last year and I see the offense playing hard this year.  So I'm inclined to think it's not the coach, it's the players.  We have no talent.  Specifically at the most important point-generating position on the field-  wide receiver.

SAR I

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I’d like to appreciate that but not sure what he has ever fine that would add any validity to that. Pretty sure he’s here because he’s always wanted to be filthy rich. Who doesn’t? 

35 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’d like to appreciate that but not sure what he has ever fine that would add any validity to that. Pretty sure he’s here because he’s always wanted to be filthy rich. Who doesn’t? 

He wouldn't be the first big signing to take our money and no-show.  Osemele, Mosely, Trumaine, it seems to be a very smart strategy.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Adam Gase will not voluntarily relinquish play calling duties.

If he is not calling plays it will because he was stripped of them and demanded to hand it over.

Disagree.  I think he sees what some of us see-  he is a better head coach than an offensive coordinator and its much harder to find a good head coach.

It would be just like the Jets to find the next Bill Parcells while trying to find the next Al Saunders.

SAR I