Adam Gase: Just Resign. GET OUT!

Dcat

His career is done after this. Why would be quit on a job paying him millions of dollars? Zero reason to walk away from life changing money. If he is fired, he gets what is due. "Eww, oh no. A bunch of fans dislike me, let me appease them by giving up millions of dollars, so they can continue to hate me regardless."

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, pointman said:

His career is done after this. Why would be quit on a job paying him millions of dollars? Zero reason to walk away from life changing money. If he is fired, he gets what is due. "Eww, oh no. A bunch of fans dislike me, let me appease them by giving up millions of dollars, so they can continue to hate me regardless."

He doesn't need the money.  He is as rich as f_ _k.   Of course he doesn't care what the fans think.  He doesn't even care what the players think.  

Since the Johnsons are too busy sniffing political and sports jocks, we fans need to be loud.

So Gase should step up to the podium and call it a day because he stinks and everyone knows it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

He doesn't need the money.  He is as rich as f_ _k.   Of course he doesn't care what the fans think.  He doesn't even care what the players think.  

Since the Johnsons are too busy sniffing political and sports jocks, we fans need to be loud.

So Gase should step up to the podium and call it a day because he stinks and everyone knows it.

There is rarely a person who thinks they are "rich enough". That money sets up his future and his children. You're dreaming. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Obviously the Johnsons are too stupid to know what to do here.  So instead, just resign now.

Just, call a presser and make the announcement.  

Nobody wants you. 

Nobody likes you. 

You are hated here in NY even more than you were despised in Miami. 

Get out now.  Move your family to a friendlier place.  Maybe Peyton Manning has an extra room for you.  

Oh wait... I forgot... you are "as rich as f--K" (your own words.)

He won’t do that, he gets paid if he’s fired, he doesn’t if he resigns.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Obviously the Johnsons are too stupid to know what to do here.  So instead, just resign now.

Nobody wants you. 

Nobody likes you. 

Get out now.  Move your family to a friendlier place.  Maybe Peyton Manning has an extra room for you.  

To bad that never happens since they then lose whatever $ left on their contracts, which is why they have to wait till they get fired. As we discussed in other threads as we see Texans got a win since they got rid of their HC and probably the same will happen with the Falcons. It makes the players play harder for their jobs as well as the Interim coach trying hard to prove something. Giants look good enough to win some in that crappy division that just lost the best QB in the division. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The main problem is the talent. Not Gase.

Gase is not as a good football by any means - but this dumpster fire is more on the talent than the coach.

You guys are making it seem like if he were fired this team is going to all of a sudden become competitive.  It won't.

The team is bad. I’m extremely confident that with a better coach they’d be more competitive though. This lifeless, pathetic, blown out every week thing doesn’t happen to well coached teams no matter how bad the talent. Coaching and culture can absolutely elevate crap talent.

• Upvote 2

Gase is holding on for dear life as long as possible in the hopes that another team will be stupid enough to hire him in some capacity.  Think about it.  Gase obviously knows he's a dead man walking and the rest of this season is an audition, and THIS is the best that he has to offer!  Worst HC in the history of the NFL.  By a mile. 

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Gase is not as a good football by any means - but this dumpster fire is more on the talent than the coach.

You guys are making it seem like if he were fired this team is going to all of a sudden become competitive.  It won't.

If there was a sane, mentally stable  non-neurologically differently abled, socially adjusted person coaching them, they would be a group of plucky underdogs who people would have a soft spot for. Instead we have arrogant sh*thead weirdo rolling his eyes, refusing any eye contact, hiding behind his pointless playsheet making notes about God knows what, being the most unlikable person in all of Football. 

It ups the degree of difficulty and makes the spotlight of mockery and contempt that much worse. 

Hes made a tough situation completely toxic and he needs to go ASAP. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It won’t, but it changes the locus of the fury. The media enjoys Gregg, so they’d happily cover for Gregg by blaming 1. Macc and 2. Douglas for 11 weeks. It buys time.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's addition by subtraction, and you'd be surprised how motivated players become when they know they're auditioning for a new coach for the following season.   

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nobody wants you. 

Nobody likes you. 

I've got an idea

I suspect that Gase's trip to NY hasn't been fun for him either,soooooo, why don't you just pay him the $10,000,000 remainding on his contract, and odds are good he'll call it a day.  

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course, does that have anything to do with firing a terrible coach?

We have no talent, that will take time to fix.

We have the worst coach in the league by a wide margin that is actively killing the young QB. 

Fire him and one less problem exists.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The team is bad. I’m extremely confident that with a better coach they’d be more competitive though. This lifeless, pathetic, blown out every week thing doesn’t happen to well coached teams no matter how bad the talent. Coaching and culture can absolutely elevate crap talent.

Yeah, maybe if they fire Gase right now, there will be an emotional bump on this pathetic  team that has them win 3 games instead of 0.  YEAH!  PARTY TIME on those three weeks.

Of course in April when they are picking 3rd instead of 1st it might not be so much fun.

• Upvote 1

I seem to recall the jets offered coslet an ultimatum when he was coaching. They told him to hire an offensive coordinator or quit.  I’m not sure why this was offered but coslet was supposed to be some sort of offensive guru and reason why boomer supplanted O’Brien. Anyway coslet declined the offer and was fired, replaced with Carroll.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yeah, maybe if they fire Gase right now, they'll be an emotional bump on this pathetic  team that has them win 3 games instead of 0.  YEAH!  PARTY TIME on those three weeks.

Of course in April when they are picking 3rd instead of 1st it might not be so much fun.

And 3 wins could drop them a bit further down than 3rd.

That's really a risk I'd rather not take.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I've got an idea

I suspect that Gase's trip to NY hasn't been fun for him either,soooooo, why don't you just pay him the $10,000,000 remainding on his contract, and odds are good he'll call it a day.  

but but but I thought he was as rich as f- - K?  He doesn't need the money.  :P  

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It won’t, but it changes the locus of the fury. The media enjoys Gregg, so they’d happily cover for Gregg by blaming 1. Macc and 2. Douglas for 11 weeks. It buys time.

Agreed.  Firing him at this point is the better organizational decision - it will alleviate a lot on both management and the players.

I’m not a AG fan at all, not even a little bit, But the vitriol being spewed at this man right now is completely overblown.  This talent is more to blame than anything else.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed.  Firing him at this point is the better organizational decision - it will alleviate a lot on both management and the players.

I’m not a AG fan at all, not even a little bit, But the vitriol being spewed at this man right now is completely overblown.  This talent is more to blame than anything else.

Jeff Smith is their #1 wideout. He was targeted 11 times yesterday and caught three of those for 27 yards. 

• Haha 3