Costello: Jets must get rid of disgruntled Le'Veon Bell immediately

8 hours ago, adb280z said:

The 1st 3 games this year Darnold was not hurt.  None were competitive.  Adam Gase is supposed to be a genius on the offensive side of the game, where is that genius?  What players has he developed?

No one said he was a genius except the NY media who set up every HC to fail in the same manner.  

Darnold has been playing like ass.  Bad throws to open receivers, not seeing open receivers, running out of bounds instead of throwing the ball away, taking too long to break a huddle after a TV timeout.  No NFL quarterback needs that type of training.  That's stuff you learn in junior high school.  That is all on Sam Darnold and perhaps his personal genius, Jordan Palmer.

As for development of other players, show me the talent and I'll show you the development.  Hint:  We don't have much.  Joe Douglas has had exactly 1 draft and none of the players are playing.  Becton looked great, so Gase gets credit for that.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

anybody that believe Frank Gore is some kind of real problem with the Jets, just has their priorities skewed in all manners.

Gore wasn't a bad signing, he's just not being used correctly. All offseason we heard how Gore never gets tackled for a loss, always falls forward, yada yada yada and for the most part that has played out as true in season as well. Gore is the PERFECT 3rd and short/4th and short RB. The problem is we have rarely used him on 4th down. I remember Josh Adams getting 4th down calls, Wesco we saw on 3rd down, Bell on 4th. 

WHERE THE F is GORE ON 4th DOWN? Maybe that's why we haven't converted a single one this year!

Speaking of WHERE THE F IS SOMEONE...I couldn't remember Josh Adams name so went to look at the Depth Chart and guess who is nowhere to be found???

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Gore wasn't a bad signing, he's just not being used correctly. All offseason we heard how Gore never gets tackled for a loss, always falls forward, yada yada yada and for the most part that has played out as true in season as well. Gore is the PERFECT 3rd and short/4th and short RB. The problem is we have rarely used him on 4th down. I remember Josh Adams getting 4th down calls, Wesco we saw on 3rd down, Bell on 4th. 

WHERE THE F is GORE ON 4th DOWN? Maybe that's why we haven't converted a single one this year!

Speaking of WHERE THE F IS SOMEONE...I couldn't remember Josh Adams name so went to look at the Depth Chart and guess who is nowhere to be found???

Yeah, why hand off to Gore on a key 4th down when you have Wesco?

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

anybody that believe Frank Gore is some kind of real problem with the Jets, just has their priorities skewed in all manners.

The issue isn't that Frank Gore himself is a huge problem.

He's just emblematic of everything that is wrong with Adam Gase.

Or at least, handing of to Frank Gore for a one yard loss on 2nd and 26 is.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

That would have been Frank Gore, or Obi Wan Kenobi. It does not get to the root of the problem

It's interesting, the overwhelming consensus seems to be that Costello is a puppet for Gase. And while that is generally true, there seems to be very little accountability for Bell who:

1) Sucks, and is too slow to beat a linebacker to the edge on third down and

2) Clearly has no future on the team.

I'm sure we can't trade him but the overall sentiment of the article -- that we should move him for literally whatever we can get -- is totally on point.

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No one said he was a genius except the NY media who set up every HC to fail in the same manner.  

And the dimwit owner who hired him....

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2019/01/11/jets-owner-christopher-johnson-explains-why-he-hired-adam-gase/2551955002/

“Adam is a young, creative mind, but he also has 22 years of coaching experience," Johnson said. "He is an innovator whose path saw him succeed at both the college and the NFL levels. He has helped a number of different quarterbacks, at various stages of their careers, reach new heights. We think Sam [Darnold] will continue to develop under his tutelage, but we made the decision because of Adam’s vision for the entire football team.”

https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/jets-ceo-christopher-johnson-backs-brilliant-adam-gase/

“I have full confidence in Adam,” Johnson told reporters. “I’ve seen him interact with this team. I’ve seen him lead this team. Look back to last year, he took a team that did so poorly in the first half of the season and held them together. They finished well. I think that he has a lot more in him as a head coach than some of our fans are giving him credit for. I understand. They want to see success. I think that they will.”

Johnson went on to say he still believes Gase is a great offensive coach.

“I think he can work with and develop quarterbacks,” Johnson said. “ I do continue to think that he is a brilliant offensive mind, especially. He has my every confidence.”

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think you misread my post? Adam Gase is the root of the problem. Playing Frank Gore significant minutes is a product of that problem.

Agree, The misdirect to Gore that some have laid here is ridiculous.

Is Gore valuable? No. Is he overly productive? No. Was he expected to be a bell cow? No. 

By all accounts, he is professional, conducts himself greatly in the locker room, and is cheap. Many problems with the Jets. Frank Gore is way down the list.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Since it seems like nobody will actually take the time to click the link, let me throw this out there:

Leveon Bell is nowhere to be found on the Jets Depth Chart or Injury List sections. Could it be an honest mistake? Probably. But hard to imagine a team "forgetting" to have one of their most recognizable players on their active depth chart. Puzzling for sure. 

43 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

And the dimwit owner who hired him....

I'll let you in on a little secret:  Adam Gase may not be a great offensive mind but he is one very good head coach.

They are two different roles.  We may have hired him as a glorified OC but his calling is as an actual HC and that's much harder to find and much more important.  I'm excited to see him next year relieved of his playcalling and offensive responsibilities so he can continue to develop into a fantastic HC.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'll let you in on a little secret:  Adam Gase may not be a great offensive mind but he is one very good head coach.

Based on what exactly? He has one winning season in five years.

With the Jets he is currently 1-11 in the months of September and October.

The evidence indicates he's actually a terrible head coach -- and his calling hard is his offense. He's an arrogant control freak. He'll get fired here and never get another HC gig so we'll never know if he was willing to delegate and let an OC run his own scheme but color me skeptical.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I purposely copied and pasted this article even though I am a fan of Le'Veon Bell.  

JD needs to come under fire for signing Frank Gore this was a bad signing as were others he is responsible for. 

The NY Jets  RB's when healthy should be Bell and Perine. 

Not a 37 yr old Frank Gore who I give all the credit in the world for trying to play at 37. 

TIME TO MOVE ON FROM FRANK GORE would have been a better article for Brian Costello to write. 

If we didn't sign Gore then who on our team would be running wheel routes in the RZ or getting hand offs on 2nd and 24????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If we didn't sign Gore then who on our team would be running wheel routes in the RZ or getting hand offs on 2nd and 24????

I respect the guy for playing so long in the NFL and for playing at 37 just not here. 

He dives at the ground and is slower than all hell. 

The NY Jets need not be the last stop for these aging vets.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I respect the guy for playing so long in the NFL and for playing at 37 just not here. 

He dives at the ground and is slower than all hell. 

The NY Jets need not be the last stop for these aging vets.

Do you believe that there are veterans that are positive influences in a locker room, and are sometimes examples of how you are a professional in the NFL?

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Do you believe that there are veterans that are positive influences in a locker room, and are sometimes examples of how you are a professional in the NFL?

Absolutely and I have suggested signing a vet for that very reason it was Clay Matthews to help our young LB core good or bad decision who knows. 

Frank Gore brings nothing to the table but a friendship with Adam Gase. 

If that were the case why wasn't Bilal Powell re-signed. 

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

When people mock Frank Gore, they are mocking Gore's usage. 

He is a washed up vet that is a fine signing as an emergency policy. He should never be on the field when Bell/Perine are healthy which they both were last week. 

Going over the Jets snap counts last week and Perine got 0 snaps. How is that possible for a team that was 0-4??? Unless I missed something and he wasn't active, what could be the justification for playing Gore over Perine? Gore is averaging 3.2ypc and Perine is at 3.7ypc. 

It's typical Jets luck that in a year when Darnold/Bell/Perine/Mims/Perriman/Crowder/Beckton all miss games due to injuries a washed up vet with zero value to this team going forward will play 16 games and never carry an injury designation into a game. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That is not a Frank Gore problem, that is a Adam Gase problem, possibly.

We do know that Perine did not practice fully with the squad until September 24. We do not know how well he has absorbed the playbook.

I'm not sure why you keep saying this is not a Frank Gore problem. No one here thinks Frank Gore decides who is active, makes the depth chart and calls the plays. So yeah, we all know Gase isnt the problem. 

As for Perine, he got ZERO carries this past week. He had 7 carries against the Colts, so unless he is suffering from dementia he should be capable of getting at a few carries 2 weeks after playing 21 snaps. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm not sure why you keep saying this is not a Frank Gore problem. No one here thinks Frank Gore decides who is active, makes the depth chart and calls the plays. So yeah, we all know Gase is the problem. 

As for Perine, he got ZERO carries this past week. He had 7 carries against the Colts, so unless he is suffering from dementia he should be capable of getting at a few carries 2 weeks after playing 21 snaps. 

And I see you agree.