joewilly12

Costello: Jets must get rid of disgruntled Le'Veon Bell immediately

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Wow, who saw this coming?   Such a shocker that Bell wants out.  

Surprised more guys don’t want that the same thing. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets also signed RB Ty Johnson lets see what he can do. 

Maybe he'll be ready to get a carry in week 15 when he finally has Gase's brilliant playbook figured out because we know how complicated it can get to be  a RB in the NFL. 

Remember the time Kenyan Drake was traded to the Cardinals on a Monday, had to learn a complex new offense in Arizona and miraculously ran for 110 and a TD 6 days later????

21 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The hitch in your argument.

He’s doing ok with Braden Mann. In fact he’s over using him!

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

No one said he was a genius except the NY media who set up every HC to fail in the same manner.  

Darnold has been playing like ass.  Bad throws to open receivers, not seeing open receivers, running out of bounds instead of throwing the ball away, taking too long to break a huddle after a TV timeout.  No NFL quarterback needs that type of training.  That's stuff you learn in junior high school.  That is all on Sam Darnold and perhaps his personal genius, Jordan Palmer.

As for development of other players, show me the talent and I'll show you the development.  Hint:  We don't have much.  Joe Douglas has had exactly 1 draft and none of the players are playing.  Becton looked great, so Gase gets credit for that.

SAR I

Gase doesn't get credit for the development of a 1st rounder who played 2 games.  Even if you go back to Miami, who performed better under Gase than they have elsewhere?  Kenyan Drake, Damien Williams, Devante Parker, Mike Geisecki, Ryan Tannehill are all guys who did better without him.  Where's his success story?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

On 10/12/2020 at 7:17 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

On the heels of Adams’s behavior this past offseason, JD should tell his players if you want off the team you just need to badmouth the Jets & then we’ll find you a new home. 

Absent someone else rescuing us by offering up a draft pick, without the Jets having to eat most of Bell’s $ like with Leo, really there is no good solution. Not even benching him outright, because it’ll come across as spiteful (because it will be purely spiteful). 

The season’s in the crapper anyway. Absent a serious trade offer involving a valuable pick or recovering cap room, the only way he’s going to get through this without making the team’s decision-makers  look worse than it already does is if Perine gets carries & is outgaining Bell. Otherwise you play him and hold your nose if he still not gaining yards. Oh, and it wouldn’t help to use a dual-threat RB as a dual-threat RB and not like he’s a 1-dimensional up the gut bruiser. 

Other problem is if he’s semi-tanking/saving himself and he starts performing again for another team it’s going to take outbidding others’ guaranteed money by 80% to attract UFAs here in 2021. 

Good points.  I was thinking the same thing simply letting players leave the team for what might amount to peanuts.  Costello is in full pile on mode and hasn’t seriously thought about the message if they let players bit$$ themselves off the team.  Without a decent trade offer they should play the guy.  I don’t think he’ll stop trying to play because he knows he’s playing for his next teams contract.

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

Good points.  I was thinking the same thing simply letting players leave the team for what might amount to peanuts.  Costello is in full pile on mode and hasn’t seriously thought about the message if they let players bit$$ themselves off the team.  Without a decent trade offer they should play the guy.  I don’t think he’ll stop trying to play because he knows he’s playing for his next teams contract.

Bell loses here financially.  He loses his roster bonus.  He loses his unguaranteed amount for next year, that he was definitely losing anyway.  He loses the ability to get hurt and get that payment guaranteed.  

Bell gains the ability to play with a different team to showcase himself for next year. 

We will see how this goes. 

On 10/12/2020 at 7:37 PM, jgb said:

Yeah keep cutting away cancers until there’s no body left.

Or your fire Gase and the cancer goes away all by itself.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, adb280z said:

Gase doesn't get credit for the development of a 1st rounder who played 2 games.  Even if you go back to Miami, who performed better under Gase than they have elsewhere?  Kenyan Drake, Damien Williams, Devante Parker, Mike Geisecki, Ryan Tannehill are all guys who did better without him.  Where's his success story?

A 209 year old Peyton Manning improved over the 207 year old version.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

A 209 year old Peyton Manning improved over the 207 year old version.

Yeah Gase should get some credit for Peyton healing from that neck surgery!

7 hours ago, varjet said:

Bell loses here financially.  He loses his roster bonus.  He loses his unguaranteed amount for next year, that he was definitely losing anyway.  He loses the ability to get hurt and get that payment guaranteed.  

Bell gains the ability to play with a different team to showcase himself for next year. 

We will see how this goes. 

I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as to his willingness to play hard for whatever team he ends up on. I’ll also concede that he could’ve been used more and wasn’t a good fit for gase’s Offensive schemes. I doubt if he gets a big time contract. On the other hand i’m not looking forward to the gase boobirds if he does have some really good days.

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as to his willingness to play hard for whatever team he ends up on. I’ll also concede that he could’ve been used more and wasn’t a good fit for gase’s Offensive schemes. I doubt if he gets a big time contract. On the other hand i’m not looking forward to the gase boobirds if he does have some really good days.

I think Le'Veon himself learned a valuable lesson. Many of us know what it's like to take a job offer based on money and realize quickly how good you had it at your last job.

He will carefully pick his landing spot now for a low, prove-it contract. And likely succeed.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I think Le'Veon himself learned a valuable lesson. Many of us know what it's like to take a job offer based on money and realize quickly how good you had it at your last job.

He will carefully pick his landing spot now for a low, prove-it contract. And likely succeed.

I’ve got nothing against bell. He wants to be on a winning team and probably thought the jets were on the rise. Now he’s free to pick a choose.  I do think the stories about him being a solid citizen and good soldier are a bit much.  That thing with him bowling while sitting out a game seems a little sketchy now.  The tweets aren’t good and he might have disrupted the lockeroom. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

I’ve got nothing against bell. He wants to be on a winning team and probably thought the jets were on the rise. Now he’s free to pick a choose.  I do think the stories about him being a solid citizen and good soldier are a bit much.  That thing with him bowling while sitting out a game seems a little sketchy now.  The tweets aren’t good and he might have disrupted the lockeroom. 

If any locker room needed disruption, it was this one. Le'Veon Bell... cut for our sins.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

If any locker room needed disruption, it was this one. Le'Veon Bell... cut for our sins.

Makes one wonder what’s going to happen to Mosely.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:05 PM, static14 said:

What a terrible take. 

This is still true, regardless of the release.

• Upvote 1