Honest Question: Would YOU be a better HC than Gase?

jgb

Would you, a jagoff fan be better than this schlub?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Would you make a better HC than Gase?

• Absolutely, I'd delegate the technical aspects to good coaches beneath me and definitely make better in-game calls
    • No, it's a lot harder than it looks.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd put Jim Bob Cooter in charge.  So, yes, I'd do better than Gase.

I honestly think most of us would be better. It's sad but completely true.  Plus bonus points, I make eye contact when I talk to people.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

As a head coach in the NFL? No, I'd be awful.

As a head coach in an Eastern European women's football league? You bet I'd slay the sh*t outta that.

Waitaminute. Do your eyes aim in the same direction? Better than Gase.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

The better question is could anyone here be worse?

What's the difference between 0 wins and embarrassing yourself weekly and the possibility 0 wins and embarrassing yourself every week?

Good point. Any of us would (1) have an excuse; and (2) lose for a helluva lot cheaper.

• Upvote 4

Seriously most of us would be better than Gase. We all know what to do on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1. We know not to run Gore 15 times a game. We all know to sit down with our QB and work on plays that will highlight his strengths. We all know to game plan and design plays for that week that will isolate the opposing teams weaker players and to create mismatches with motion and misdirection. We all know that we won't know everything so we will have good coaching staffs to help us run the team. Easy Peasy!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Seriously most of us would be better than Gase. We all know what to do on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1. We know not to run Gore 15 times a game. We all know to sit down with our QB and work on plays that will highlight his strengths. We all know to game plan and design plays for that week that will isolate the opposing teams weaker players and to create mismatches with motion and misdirection. We all know that we won't know everything so we will have good coaching staffs to help us run the team. Easy Peasy!

You're hired. Just don't expect the Johnsons to validate your parking.

5 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

It's insane. I've said this before and meant it about drafts for years, but it's true for play calling also. The Johnsons keep paying 7 figures for results worse than taking a twitter poll of their angry, drunk, fans. We've always been smarter and that isn't me complementing us, they're just awful

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

It's insane. I've said this before and meant it about drafts for years, but it's true for play calling also. The Johnsons keep paying 7 figures for results worse than taking a twitter poll of their angry, drunk, fans. We've always been better

Yeah but how do we compete with this?

Charley Casserly's Booking Agent and Speaking Fee - Speaker Booking Agency

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

It reminds we of what Ron Jaworski said about playing for Marty Schottenheimer in KC. They had an extensive playbook Marty had compiled over the years, and when it came time to gameplan, they’d pair it down to about 30 plays, but as it got closer and closer to game time Marty would eliminate most of the plays because he had Christian Okoyo who would be getting 25+ touches on 3 different run plays. So, he only needed 10 to 15 plays on his playsheet for the game.

• Upvote 1

HC? no..  I mean maybe? lol... i would give my OC and DC complete control of running their units and work managing the game - but i don't know how to make 6'5 300lb men who grew up in areas of the country I can't begin to pretend i understand - who make millions- energized. I don't have that kind of experience.

What i could do - is run laps around our last 2 GMs 

• Upvote 2

I’d watch clips from the great coaches and give incredible motivational pre and post game speeches.  I’d put together a slamming coaching staff and start by getting the hottest chic to be the strength conditioning coach. No more hamstring issues ever again.  

3 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Almost everyone here couldn’t organize a practice.   FOH with this thinking.   

The question isn’t whether you’d be a good HC. Just whether you’re better than Gase. Most of us would heavily delegate all this technical stuff and actually make intelligent calls during the game such as on 3rd and 7 situations. I do think most of us would be better.