Do you care if the Jets go 0-16?

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Trevor Lawrence isn’t coming here

This is another conversation but it has to also be a consideration. I would think Lawrence is noticing how poorly Sam has done here and wants to avoid this. I watch highlights of Lawrence and they looked more like Highlights of Tee Higgins making amazing catches. He isn't getting that here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

That is becoming more likely every day 

No way he stays in school.  And you have to think it’s between the jets and giants for Lawrence.  And if gettleman is still the gm he may be too stubborn to move on from jones.  Can’t see Atlanta being worse than the jets this year.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

No way he stays in school.  And you have to think it’s between the jets and giants for Lawrence.  And if gettleman is still the gm he may be too stubborn to move on from jones.  Can’t see Atlanta being worse than the jets this year.

Odds are he plays where drafted but there’s more ways to dodge the Jets than staying in school, if he’s so inclined 

2 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Whatever it takes! I don’t care. I want Lawrence. I want the first pick locked up before Week 17.

Me too because Belichick might gift us a win week 17 if it knocks us out of the #1 overall. And Gase (basically accepted he’s here to the bitter end now) will be dumb enough to accept it.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, The Gooch said:

I think Trevor is going to be a Falcon!

That’s undoubtedly where he wants to go. What do you do if you are JD and Jets draft Lawrence and he says “trade me or eff off?” Hardball or ship him out for the best haul you can get?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Trevor Lawrence isn’t coming here

I'm sure there was a Philc1 on a Cincinnati Bengals message board spewing the same nonsense about Joe Burrow. It's extremely rare for a kid to refuse to play for a team that is going to pick him and if you knew anything about Trevor Lawrence, he isn't one of those kids. 

He was the kid that was leading the push to play despite Covid concerns... and he has nothing to prove this year. He would have been better off just siting out the year and entering next years draft but instead he lead the charge of players who wanted to play this year. 

Do you care if the Jets go 0-16?

Yes, of course I do.  I root for wins every Sunday.

It is my belief that rooting for losses for draft position is a fools folly. 

And it creates as toxic a fanbase as can be if it's done regularly, which here, it has.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Me too because Belichick might gift us a win week 17 if it knocks us out of the #1 overall. And Gase (basically accepted he’s here to the bitter end now) will be dumb enough to accept it.

My bigger concern is the fact we likely lose draft order tie breaker to other team. I don’t think it’s outrageous to assume if we go 2-14 we won’t get the first pick. Someone else- Gmen, ATL, Den, Wash, Jax - will also go 2-14.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm sure there was a Philc1 on a Cincinnati Bengals message board spewing the same nonsense about Joe Burrow. It's extremely rare for a kid to refuse to play for a team that is going to pick him and if you knew anything about Trevor Lawrence, he isn't one of those kids. 

He was the kid that was leading the push to play despite Covid concerns... and he has nothing to prove this year. He would have been better off just siting out the year and entering next years draft but instead he lead the charge of players who wanted to play this year. 

Yes it is rare which is what makes it a bit of a bold call. But the Jets are mucho more terrible than the Bengals talent-wise and probably the worst landing a lot in sport right now.

I posted at the start of the season they would go 1-4 or 0-5 to open the gate-I see them stumbling to a win or two by the end of the season . Adam Gase is so great and such a genius I would love to see him go into the record books for being the best at something-losing all games this year to solidify how terrible he is and the team is from ownership to the gm to the coach to the players.

• Upvote 1

TL will NOT play for the jets you can take that to the bank-in addition to being  a terrible run team at all aspects-they are not a player friendly team either when it comes to paying and retaining the few quality players they have-they would rather bring in terrible cheaper players(see Breshard) than pay good players like Robby.

Bell must wake up every day and look in the mirror and be disgusted that he talked his way out of pittsburgh-I am sure he had no idea a NFL team could be so poorly fun. Bell looks washed but once he escapes to a real team his legs will be fresh and he will be good again

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

TL will NOT play for the jets you can take that to the bank-in addition to being  a terrible run team at all aspects-they are not a player friendly team either when it comes to paying and retaining the few quality players they have-they would rather bring in terrible cheaper players(see Breshard) than pay good players like Robby.

Bell must wake up every day and look in the mirror and be disgusted that he talked his way out of pittsburgh-I am sure he had no idea a NFL team could be so poorly fun. Bell looks washed but once he escapes to a real team his legs will be fresh and he will be good again

Bell is a cautionary tale for all NFL players. Bobbing fluorescent orange buoys warning others of the treacherous rocks that is joining the NYJ.

27 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is another conversation but it has to also be a consideration. I would think Lawrence is noticing how poorly Sam has done here and wants to avoid this. I watch highlights of Lawrence and they looked more like Highlights of Tee Higgins making amazing catches. He isn't getting that here.

Since Trevor’s freshman year the consensus thinking around Clemson was that Trevor will end up an Atlanta Falcon.  Some how, some way he will end up on the Falcons.   Fast forward to this year and that plan looks to be coming along.  Arthur Blank will do whatever possible to acquire him.   It will be interesting to see who Trevor signs with to be his agent, because that could determine if we see an Eli Manning situation.