Do you care if the Jets go 0-16?

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bell is a cautionary tale for all NFL players. Bobbing fluorescent orange buoys warning others of the treacherous rocks that is joining the NYJ.

yep only way to get a talent to come to Jets be it player or coach or gm is to greatly overpay what the market price is 

• Post of the Week 2

No, I don't want to see it happen

If I at least get to see Sam play games like he did at the end of his rookie season vs GB and Houston and they still lose, then no, I won't care if they go 0-16.

2020 will be a complete waste if the young guys JD drafted and brought in don't get experience and we still don't know what Sam is.

However, if we do end up with the #1 pick, I think you have to take Lawrence regardless.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, kmnj said:

TL will NOT play for the jets you can take that to the bank-in addition to being  a terrible run team at all aspects-they are not a player friendly team either when it comes to paying and retaining the few quality players they have-they would rather bring in terrible cheaper players(see Breshard) than pay good players like Robby.

Bell must wake up every day and look in the mirror and be disgusted that he talked his way out of pittsburgh-I am sure he had no idea a NFL team could be so poorly fun. Bell looks washed but once he escapes to a real team his legs will be fresh and he will be good again

How many times does it need to be said? The Jets offered Anderson a better deal. He left anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, kmnj said:

TL will NOT play for the jets you can take that to the bank-in addition to being  a terrible run team at all aspects-they are not a player friendly team either when it comes to paying and retaining the few quality players they have-they would rather bring in terrible cheaper players(see Breshard) than pay good players like Robby.

Bell must wake up every day and look in the mirror and be disgusted that he talked his way out of pittsburgh-I am sure he had no idea a NFL team could be so poorly fun. Bell looks washed but once he escapes to a real team his legs will be fresh and he will be good again

Not so sure about that.  If he stayed with Pittsburgh they probably would've given him 300+ touches and then not re-signed him.  The only team willing to pay him was the Jets.  He maximized his money and I think he'll look back at it for the rest of his life as a smart move.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

He is if the Jets draft him.

No, we're Jets fans.

You have to dream up the most negative situation possible and then tell all its fact.

Logic will tell you that TL wont come to a bad Jets team, he'd rather go to a different bad football team thats at the top of the same draft. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

No way he stays in school.  And you have to think it’s between the jets and giants for Lawrence.  And if gettleman is still the gm he may be too stubborn to move on from jones.  Can’t see Atlanta being worse than the jets this year.

Gettleman will likely be fired if his decision is to be too stubborn to move on from Jones.

9 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

While technically true, if the season ended today, we would be picking third, with at least one of those teams definitely taking Lawrence.

True, because through 5 games the teams we've played have better winning percentages.  

When we start losing to lousy teams that will flip

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not so sure about that.  If he stayed with Pittsburgh they probably would've given him 300+ touches and then not re-signed him.  The only team willing to pay him was the Jets.  He maximized his money and I think he'll look back at it for the rest of his life as a smart move.

Iirc, the Ravens offered him some short money, too, and he still took the Jets deal. You can’t feel sorry for him.

58 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I don't want to see that. That is a hard pill for me to swallow. I would rather win a few games. I always looked at 0-16 as am embarrassing season. I know we want Lawrence here but if we are that bad, how is Lawrence going to do any better than Sam. 

I actually want it. This is our Super Bowl. We are a terrible organization but we are making the case for worst season in NFL history. I’m excited by this and want this to be remembered as the worst season/franchise in NFL history. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Link? Any reports or articles that he has come out and said where and will he will play. 

This guy is coming out....

Speaking with Tom Rinaldi on ESPN's "College GameDay," Lawrence said that he wanted to play in 2020 instead of opting out due to COVID-19 concerns because "I just love football. Lawrence then added that he would be "graduating in December. (I'm) planning on this being my last year."

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, kmnj said:

yep only way to get a talent to come to Jets be it player or coach or gm is to greatly overpay what the market price is 

You mean like just about every other player, GM or coach who signs somewhere we'll have to offer the most money?

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, we're Jets fans.

You have to dream up the most negative situation possible and then tell all its fact.

Logic will tell you that TL wont come to a bad Jets team, he'd rather go to a different bad football team thats at the top of the same draft. 

Precisely. Trevor Lawrence will come to what ever team drafts him. And that will be in this draft. The reasons:

-Clemson can not nearly pay him as much as the number #1 overall pick in the draft.

-By waiting to come out after his senior year, he risks:

-1. injury

-2. Approximately $5m for that rookie season, that cannot be made up at the end of his contract. That $5m, if you protract that over the rest of his expected life (50 to 60 additional years), becomes 40-50 million if he invests wisely.

-Dak Prescott. Football is fleeting. You strike while the iron is hot.

Unless the kid is a total stooge, or has bad management, you make your Junior year your last, and play for the team that drafts you.

• Upvote 2

Just now, KINGDIRK said:

This guy is coming out....

Speaking with Tom Rinaldi on ESPN's "College GameDay," Lawrence said that he wanted to play in 2020 instead of opting out due to COVID-19 concerns because "I just love football. Lawrence then added that he would be "graduating in December. (I'm) planning on this being my last year."

I was asking for a link that he wasn't coming out and where he said he won't play for the NY Jets.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Precisely. Trevor Lawrence will come to what ever team drafts him. And that will be in this draft. The reasons:

-Clemson can not nearly pay him as much as the number #1 overall pick in the draft.

-By waiting to come out after his senior year, he risks:

-1. injury

-2. Approximately $5m for that rookie season, that cannot be made up at the end of his contract. That $5m, if you protract that over the rest of his expected life (50 to 60 additional years), becomes 40-50 million if he invests wisely.

-Dak Prescott. Football is fleeting. You strike while the iron is hot.

Unless the kid is a total stooge, or has bad management, you make your Junior year your last, and play for the team that drafts you.

I don’t know about that....Lol

• Haha 3

How many number 1's dont go to the team that picked them?
Elway had baseball and used the threat of going to the Yankees to get his rights traded

Eli?  Who said Eli wouldn't have played in SD?  If they didnt have the Giants and a Rivers trade available to them SD would have held firm and then what, Eli would have pouted and what, sat out?  Yeah, right.  I remember when Jim Kelly told everyone he wouldn't play for the Bills if they drafted him.

QBs go first.  To bad teams.  Happens every year.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

How many times does it need to be said? The Jets offered Anderson a better deal. He left anyway.

how many times does it need to be said-the jets did not try to extend him and wanted to let him test the market-he did-the jets initially wanted to give robby -9-10 he wanted 13-14 panthers stepped in and that was all she wrote