Do you care if the Jets go 0-16?

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

How many number 1's dont go to the team that picked them?
Elway had baseball and used the threat of going to the Yankees to get his rights traded

Eli?  Who said Eli wouldn't have played in SD?  If they didnt have the Giants and a Rivers trade available to them SD would have held firm and then what, Eli would have pouted and what, sat out?  Yeah, right.  I remember when Jim Kelly told everyone he wouldn't play for the Bills if they drafted him.

QBs go first.  To bad teams.  Happens every year.  

And oh, the perils of a young, seemingly outgoing individual being thrust into the media capital of the world of NY. The horror.

If you hate it, you play out your five years, take your $25m and say "thank you very much, goodbye".

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

And oh, the perils of a young, seemingly outgoing individual being thrust into the media capital of the world of NY. The horror.

If you hate it, you play out your five years, take your $25m and say "thank you very much, goodbye".

It used to be the allure of NYC and the payoffs available playing in this market.  Now we're somehow the worst destination in the NFL.  

Woe is me, the pain

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jet Nut said:

It used to be the allure of NYC and the payoffs available playing in this market.  Now we're somehow the worst destination in the NFL.  

Woe is me, the pain

Joe Namath absolutely abhorred coming to the Jets. Derailed his career.

Listen, every athlete is not made for NY. But, the little that I have seen Lawrence, he seems built for the spotlight, and wants to thrive in that environment. If he were to turn around the Jets, he could be propelled to God like status. If not, he is just one o many that tried. 

If you are worth your salt, you let that reward overshadow the risk. If not, we probably did not want him here any way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I don't want to see that. That is a hard pill for me to swallow. I would rather win a few games. I always looked at 0-16 as am embarrassing season. I know we want Lawrence here but if we are that bad, how is Lawrence going to do any better than Sam. 

If we are going to win in the neighborhood of two or three games, we might as well win zero, IMHO.  And it would put us in our own league for Lawrence.  Don't think there have ever been two winless teams.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Screenshot_20201013-100036_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6b3f368e9147157c05f82db98b5df10.jpg

Who are we beating? The dolphins are the only team where we might have a shot at victory. Possibly chargers, but if you watched the game last night, you know jets have no shot. 

My bet is already in.

20201011_213719.thumb.jpg.1a1d4d48b0770c57b99794a9b9401eb9.jpg

You now have my interested in all your activities. Can you post your fantasy squad here and talk about them incessantly. kid pictures in sports? Please share.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

The Jets need to fire Adam Gase and draft Trevor Lawrence #1 overall.  I don't care whether the team goes 0-16, 1-15, or 2-14 as long as they are in position to execute those moves.

The team needs a complete culture change.  A brilliant offensive mind and a generational quarterback would be the ideal start to a new era for this franchise.  Things looks rather bleak right now, but things can change very quickly in a league full of parity.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

True, because through 5 games the teams we've played have better winning percentages.  

When we start losing to lousy teams that will flip

ALSO true, as we will beat out the Falcons by .008 percent (start of year) It might not take 16 losses, as the Giants have a fairly easy schedule later on.  However, we would probably have to lose as much as the Falcons, because they would most definitely pick Lawrence.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I don't want to see that. That is a hard pill for me to swallow. I would rather win a few games. I always looked at 0-16 as am embarrassing season. I know we want Lawrence here but if we are that bad, how is Lawrence going to do any better than Sam. 

I have always been against rooting for the Jets to lose. Even when it is a meaningless game.  Last game of the year, lose and move up in the draft I have fought against Jets fans rooting against the team.  

Why?

Because the goal is to get better. QB gets better, coach gets better. Winning is a mentality.

This year is different though.

The entire team is on a one-year contract for the most part. The entire staff is getting fired. Gase and the offense yes. But it seems like even Williams will be fired, no way you could bring him back.

So I won't root for them to lose. But the pain is legit gone. I watch and it is just like whatever. Fix the coaching staff. Fix the roster and I will invest again next year. Right now I just watch and shake my head.

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have always been against rooting for the Jets to lose. Even when it is a meaningless game.  Last game of the year, lose and move up in the draft I have fought against Jets fans rooting against the team.  

Why?

Because the goal is to get better. QB gets better, coach gets better. Winning is a mentality.

This year is different though.

The entire team is on a one-year contract for the most part. The entire staff is getting fired. Gase and the offense yes. But it seems like even Williams will be fired, no way you could bring him back.

So I won't root for them to lose. But the pain is legit gone. I watch and it is just like whatever. Fix the coaching staff. Fix the roster and I will invest again next year. Right now I just watch and shake my head.

Welcome to the dark side.  We've been waiting for you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

how many times does it need to be said-the jets did not try to extend him and wanted to let him test the market-he did-the jets initially wanted to give robby -9-10 he wanted 13-14 panthers stepped in and that was all she wrote

Right, the Jets wanted to give him 9 or 10, he wanted 13 or 14. The Panthers stepped in and gave him 10 for 1 or 2 seasons, I forget the actual term. The Jets offered 10 over 4 years. The Jets offer was better.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes, of course I do.  I root for wins every Sunday.

It is my belief that rooting for losses for draft position is a fools folly. 

And it creates as toxic a fanbase as can be if it's done regularly, which here, it has.

I think the losses create the toxicity.  Not the rooting for losses.  That's just silly.  As if people hoping for wins are going to keep things positive here, lol.  It's actually the exact opposite.  It's the people who had high hopes for the season that are making the board unreadable, for the most part.  They're the ones constantly making the Robby Anderson threads and demanding Joe Douglas get fired after one draft.  Fun stuff, fellas!

Rooting for losses has been the most fun thing about this season so far.  I don't want this team to just be bad.  I want it to be historically bad.  A team people talk about for decades, like the '76 Buccaneers.  We're going to continue to suck either way so might as well be the best at it!  Maybe that will finally be what it takes for the Johnson's to take a step back and let football people make football decisions.

Don't be a buzzkill for a season that's already been an enormous buzzkill for so many.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

No, I don't want to see it happen

If I at least get to see Sam play games like he did at the end of his rookie season vs GB and Houston and they still lose, then no, I won't care if they go 0-16.

2020 will be a complete waste if the young guys JD drafted and brought in don't get experience and we still don't know what Sam is.

However, if we do end up with the #1 pick, I think you have to take Lawrence regardless.

If you still "don't know" what Sam is after 3 years in the league and about 40 starts, you really DO know.  He isn't the guy.  

QB's prove they're a franchise QB much quicker than they did in years past.  It doesn't take that long to determine if a guy doesn't have it.  Darnold doesn't.  

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

It's a record few GM's or coaches can manage to get on their résumé and zero have survived.

Given I think Douglas should at the very least be on the hot seat it would be good to have a record that highlights his unprecedented situation. 

He's going to get at least 4 drafts.  He's not going to be on the hot seat after this season.  Not even lukewarm.  But by all means continue to hope for something that just isn't going to be close to reality, I guess!

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's going to get at least 4 drafts.  He's not going to be on the hot seat after this season.  Not even lukewarm.  But by all means continue to hope for something that just isn't going to be close to reality, I guess!

Isn't this every day for a Jets fan?

And I know he will. It's the Johnson's. Their incompetence is legendary. 

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Screenshot_20201013-100036_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6b3f368e9147157c05f82db98b5df10.jpg

Who are we beating? The dolphins are the only team where we might have a shot at victory. Possibly chargers, but if you watched the game last night, you know jets have no shot. 

My bet is already in.

20201011_213719.thumb.jpg.1a1d4d48b0770c57b99794a9b9401eb9.jpg

What site  is that ? ?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you still "don't know" what Sam is after 3 years in the league and about 40 starts, you really DO know.  He isn't the guy.  

QB's prove they're a franchise QB much quicker than they did in years past.  It doesn't take that long to determine if a guy doesn't have it.  Darnold doesn't.  

I get it that you've given up on Darnold.....that's evident by your posts. I can understand your position, but I don't agree with it.

My opinion is it has been impossible to do a fair evaluation of him based on the supporting cast the last 2 years and Gase's incompetence. I know you disagree. That's fine. Just look at the article that was posted yesterday about his perceived trade value around the league and some of the comments.

I still hold out hope of getting at least an 8-10 game sample this year with most of the skill position players (including Becton) healthy. That doesn't eliminate the Gase factor, but it helps level the playing field a bit. It is also possible that Darnold has been damaged beyond repair, at least with this franchise, and they need to move on. I hope not but I acknowledge that it is now a possibility (as unfortunate as that may be).

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Trevor Lawrence isn’t coming here

He’s a religious kid and doesn’t come across at that type of person. He’s made no indication he wouldn’t play for a team nor has he shown any type of Me First personality. 

I’m certainly not in his head but there’s ZERO reason to believe he’ll do what almost no one has ever done.

He, of course, may end up not wanting to come here but there’s no indication whatsoever that he won’t.  It’s just the self-hating Jet fan in you that has you thinking that way.

• Upvote 1

I do care because if we go out and win one game that's just like every other Jets season. We'll still be a joke, media will and should crush us, friends family, neighbors will still make fun of us but 0-16. I think that would be a different animal. We're used to getting sh*t on because we're Jets fans but 0-16 will be like never before.

40 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Isn't this every day for a Jets fan?

And I know he will. It's the Johnson's. Their incompetence is legendary. 

Yet you actually want them to dump, by far, the highest-caliber GM candidate they've had in decades (and certainly since the Johnson's started owning the team) after 1 draft so they can go hire the next Mike Maccagnan.

Simply stunning.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you put Mahomes on Wake Forest and had him play against pro teams, he wouldn't win either. That is pretty much what Darnold is doing. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet you actually want them to dump, by far, the highest-caliber GM candidate they've had in decades (and certainly since the Johnson's started owning the team) after 1 draft so they can go hire the next Mike Maccagnan.

Simply stunning.  

Honestly, why makes him so good? Drafting an OL and WR at 1 and 2? WR hasn't been played a down and the season is close to half over

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Simply stunning.  

Has done literally nothing to prove he’s high caliber at all. Has been all reputation thus far with no substance.