Do you care if the Jets go 0-16?

20 minutes ago, King P said:

Even 2-14 may be too many wins to secure a #1 pick though

You know, I was going to say "it's possible but unlikely" but after doing some research it's happened way more than I would have guessed that a team with 2 or fewer wins didn't get the first pick. 8 times in the last 20 years.

2016 -- 49ers

2014-- Titans

2012 -- Jaguars

2011 -- Rams

2009 -- Lions

2008 -- Chiefs, Rams

2001 -- Lions

Let's settle for 1-15 then.

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I don't want to see that. That is a hard pill for me to swallow. I would rather win a few games. I always looked at 0-16 as am embarrassing season. I know we want Lawrence here but if we are that bad, how is Lawrence going to do any better than Sam. 

I want 0-16  AND 0-16 against the spread!!!!!!!!!  The double header of The Johnson legacy!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Has done literally nothing to prove he’s high caliber at all. Has been all reputation thus far with no substance.

Unlike Macc who had a horrible reputation and also made horrible decisions from the jump.  The Becton pick was a hit.  That's a good enough start to give him a chance.

I'll take my chances with Douglas.  If he ends up not being the goods, we're f**ked until the Johnson's die or sell the team.  It's sink or swim time with Douglas as the franchise's last true hope.

Calling for his firing now is just silly.  Who takes this dumpster fire of a job if Douglas, well-respected in league circles, gets fired after 1 draft?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unlike Macc who had a horrible reputation and also made horrible decisions from the jump.  The Becton pick was a hit.  That's a good enough start to give him a chance.

I'll take my chances with Douglas.  If he ends up not being the goods, we're f**ked until the Johnson's die or sell the team.  It's sink or swim time with Douglas as the franchise's last true hope.

Calling for his firing now is just silly.  Who takes this dumpster fire of a job if Douglas, well-respected in league circles, gets fired after 1 draft?

JD negotiated a 6 year deal because he knows Johnsons are too cheap to pay him for 3 or 4 years to do nothing. That automatically makes JD the most strategic GM we have had in forever.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the only positive thing to say about Douglas is that he’s better than the historically inept Mike Maccagnan then we’re in a worse state than I thought.

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If the only positive thing to say about Douglas is that he’s better than the historically inept Mike Maccagnan then we’re in a worse state than I thought.

No, it's not the only positive.  But it absolutely IS a positive to note that he is highly regarded around the league.  Macc was about to get fired by Houston.  Douglas getting hired coming off a successful run as the # 2 guy with a Super Bowl winner and a top scout for the Ravens is a stark difference in the process that led to the hiring of Peter Principle'd Bradway, the accountant Tannenbaum, Korn Ferry's Idzik, and Casserly's Maccagnan.  

Becton was the best Jets draft pick since 2007.  That spans 3 different GM's prior to Douglas's arrival.  That's another big positive.  Not to mention the Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams' trades.  

Fire Douglas and we'll end up with another Maccagnan.  It's as simple as that.  But by all means keep yelling into the void about it.

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I don't want to see that. That is a hard pill for me to swallow. I would rather win a few games. I always looked at 0-16 as am embarrassing season. I know we want Lawrence here but if we are that bad, how is Lawrence going to do any better than Sam. 

at this point no.  i saw those 95 and 96 teams and then some of the late 70's teams.  back then i cared a lot more.  and i'm not caring if they get lawrence although if he's available and he is a generational talent they should pick if they get the chance.  the thing is this team needs maybe 5-6 more good players before they can be taken seriously and this assume more than a couple of those players are scary good.  it doesn't matter if they pick lawrence if they don't also get good players for the other positions.

18 minutes ago, rangerous said:

at this point no.  i saw those 95 and 96 teams and then some of the late 70's teams.  back then i cared a lot more.  and i'm not caring if they get lawrence although if he's available and he is a generational talent they should pick if they get the chance.  the thing is this team needs maybe 5-6 more good players before they can be taken seriously and this assume more than a couple of those players are scary good.  it doesn't matter if they pick lawrence if they don't also get good players for the other positions.

I agree because I believe we are not a QB away from competing, We need a whole team. If JD gets the first pick and trades it for 3 firsts and we are able to fill most of those holes with Sam on the team, works for me. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I agree because I believe we are not a QB away from competing, We need a whole team. If JD gets the first pick and trades it for 3 firsts and we are able to fill most of those holes with Sam on the team, works for me. 

3 firsts in what year?  If we are planning on building an entire new team the players we draft in 2021 will be old by the time we draft all these new players. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

3 firsts in what year?  If we are planning on building an entire new team the players we draft in 2021 will be old by the time we draft all these new players. 

Unless the team we trade with has multiple first round picks this year, I think it's obvious it will be 2021,2, and 3. There are likely some lower round picks or possibly a player in that deal as well. The players on the team now will be gone for the most part by this time in 2022 so I am not sure who is going to be old. Sam is 23.

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Unless the team we trade with has multiple first round picks this year, I think it's obvious it will be 2021,2, and 3. There are likely some lower round picks or possibly a player in that deal as well. The players on the team now will be gone for the most part by this time in 2022 so I am not sure who is going to be old. Sam is 23.

So tell me the NY Jets have been drafting bad for 40 years but all of a sudden they are going to be the geniuses of the NFL draft. 

Let me get a cold drink some popcorn and sit back and watch this. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

So tell me the NY Jets have been drafting bad for 40 years but all of a sudden they are going to be the geniuses of the NFL draft. 

Let me get a cold drink some popcorn and sit back and watch this. 

I agree with you. JD has not done much to dispel that but having more bullets is always better.  

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Yes it is rare which is what makes it a bit of a bold call. But the Jets are mucho more terrible than the Bengals talent-wise and probably the worst landing a lot in sport right now.

I want them to lose and I want them to lose every single last game. It’s time to press that button and blow this thing up. This team is a dumpster fire & every single last contributing piece needs to leave..aside from the mainstays like Becton, Crowder and...lol yeah Becton & Crowder. 

I want Trevor Lawrence, I want Daboll and I want change. Weapons on top of weapons next offseason. Finish revulsiing the OL. We got the LT and now there’s 4 other positions that needs to be permanently fixed.

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The roster is worse now than the day he started. 

Well, the OL is better with the addition of of MB alone. I know he and been hurt but he seems like a solid player. We don't know about Mims. If he shows up and plays well, this will be the best draft since we took Brick and Mangold in the first. 

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The roster is worse now than the day he started. 

Exactly, this has JD and AG finger prints all over it.... AG wanted his players and JD when out and got them...  Those who are pining their hopes on this guy should look at Philly's last couple of drafts.... enough said. 

• Upvote 1