Five Real Reasons Why We Must Be Kinder To Adam Gase

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So what is your new understanding of that situation?  That Macc was in charge during that time, after all?  

Yes.  I assumed that Gase jumped into personnel decisions immediately.  He didn't.  

The bad news?  By letting Maccagnan run the draft it set us back a year.

The good news?  Gase is blameless in the awful decisions that Maccagnan made and Gase is the one calling the shots now.

SAR I

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  I assumed that Gase jumped into personnel decisions immediately.  He didn't.  

The bad news?  By letting Maccagnan run the draft it set us back a year.

The good news?  Gase is blameless in the awful decisions that Maccagnan made and Gase is the one calling the shots now.

SAR I

Alpha CJ is blameless too.  This is entirely on Macc.

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Alpha CJ is blameless too.  This is entirely on Macc.

Mr. Johnson admitted his mistake.  Now he knows better.

If you look at it through this lens, Adam hasn't made a single wrong decision since arriving here.  He was right about all the malcontents, he was right about Bell, he was right about Maccagnan.  We have a real football man running the show.  Its up to Douglas now.  He's got to find the right players.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson admitted his mistake.  Now he knows better.

If you look at it through this lens, Adam hasn't made a single wrong decision since arriving here.  He was right about all the malcontents, he was right about Bell, he was right about Maccagnan.  We have a real football man running the show.  Its up to Douglas now.  He's got to find the right players.

SAR I

Finally what you're saying is making sense to me!  I just wish we never hired Joe D.  We should've kept Adam as the GM.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, Charlie Brown said:

This is just a Reality Thread...

No Polls; just some facts as to why we as a fan base have to be or should be kinder and more understanding of our HC Adam Gase

Reason No. 1

This isn't all his fault.....

It isn't!

Let's be honest here the team, the Jets, were stinking well before Gase got here.  It is not like he came in with the 60's Packers or the 70's Steelers.  If we are honest, the team was being held together with broken rubber bands and old chewing gum at best.  We had a series of horrific if not well meaning GMs Idzik and Mac who combined had some of the worst drafts, when taken in total, in NFL history.

Under such a scenario, who would come in here and automatically turn this nonsense around?  The list is a short one and indeed Vince Lombardi would have been at his best to guarantee success here.

Reason No. 2

It's all about the QB baby!

Let's face it even someone like me who is a HUGE Darnold supporter can not be happy with his inconsistent play at times.  YOU CAN'T BE!!

It is obvious Darnold is dancing to a crazy mambo clock in his brain that only he can hear due to all the hits he has taken as a direct result of the Jets porous OL! Not Darnold's fault but its true.....

Again putting Gase aside, Darnold is just not as good (consistent)  as he was at the end of his rookie campaign.  It hurts me to say it but he isn't......

And while Gase can get some real blame as to play calling and scheme design at times, Sam definitely should get some real blame for not at times sitting back there throwing it and just hitting the open receiver.

And while the stupid graphic that somehow shows that Jets WRs are wide open all the time is obviously ridiculous to even the casual observer, it nevertheless true that Darnold is at times missing some folks by a country mile, and to blame those kind of misses on Gase is just WRONG!  Wrong....

While a Prime Time John Elway might not be able to overcome this mess, we have to be honest Elway would be looking way better than Darnold is right now out there..

Reason No. 3

Talent!

This is so obvious it shouldn't be stated, but it has to be mentioned, which is, while coaching matters, no coaching in the world can overcome the injuries the current Jets have had, and couple that with the Jets inferior talent and you have a team that can realistically get blown out week after week.

Indeed, recently we have had competent threads out here which correctly note that the 1996 Jets of infamy under Rich Kotite had WAY more talent than the current Jets; and if you put even a little thought in that is truly a scary fact and directly related to Reason No. 1 above.

Reason No. 4

Defense wins Championships!

Well, while that may no longer be true, but if Defense doesn't win you Championships anymore it can definitely lose you games.  And what we have seen since the beginning of this year on defense has been a disgrace!  A literal disgrace. 

And the only reason why Williams isn't pillared more is because the defense was so stout and effective last year.

Hmmmmmmm do we miss Adams that much perhaps, but then again Seattle's Defense is a joke defense now as well with Adams on it.  WHATEVER....

Nevertheless last season Gase took no credit last year for the Defense's great play but he is certainly taking some heat for its horrific play now.  The question is why?

I hear you and I know that Gase is the HC of THE WHOLE TEAM, I get it, but please don't forget it was the Jets "Hierarchy" and "Brain Trust" who forced Adam Gase to hire Williams to begin with. 

Remember there was a great deal of resistance from within the fan base to the Williams hire as a result of Bounty Gate.  So now when the team shows a lack of discipline on the defensive side of the ball (undisciplined penalties) folks say "look Gase has no control of the team."  Well that is what the Jets wanted and they can't now blame Gase for the result.

Not Gase's Fault..

Reason 5.

Management....

Simple I like Chris Johnson and even like Woody.

They seem in general like decent folk who care and who are committed to a winning culture and team, and despite the knocks on them they don't seem like they are cheap or unwilling to get the right folks in here.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  so what is going on?

The key to me is a simple one...THE JOHNSON'S DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!

Not Knowing, doesn't make them bad people or that they should sell the team, but it does mean they need to get someone in here, as the President of Football Operations, who DOES KNOW what they are doing so that they can handle this mess.

This again is hardly Gase's fault. 

Lack of organizational direction precedes him to the time when the Johnson's acquired the Jets and it is still a reality today!  

Not Gase's Fault!!

Finally, we are a caring fan base and the constant drum beat for Gase's dismissal while cathartic is or has to be hurtful to Gase, his coaches and his family. 

The crazy eyed dude will be fired if he keeps losing games, because that is what happens to HC who keep losing games no matter how good their practices are. 

Anyway I just wanted to step back from my own insanity and give Gase some dignity even if I think he has to go!

tenor.gif.e51c0fea00eb3490acbca417526715a2.gif

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, Charlie Brown said:

This is just a Reality Thread...

No Polls; just some facts as to why we as a fan base have to be or should be kinder and more understanding of our HC Adam Gase

Reason No. 1

This isn't all his fault.....

It isn't!

Let's be honest here the team, the Jets, were stinking well before Gase got here.  It is not like he came in with the 60's Packers or the 70's Steelers.  If we are honest, the team was being held together with broken rubber bands and old chewing gum at best.  We had a series of horrific if not well meaning GMs Idzik and Mac who combined had some of the worst drafts, when taken in total, in NFL history.

Under such a scenario, who would come in here and automatically turn this nonsense around?  The list is a short one and indeed Vince Lombardi would have been at his best to guarantee success here.

Reason No. 2

It's all about the QB baby!

Let's face it even someone like me who is a HUGE Darnold supporter can not be happy with his inconsistent play at times.  YOU CAN'T BE!!

It is obvious Darnold is dancing to a crazy mambo clock in his brain that only he can hear due to all the hits he has taken as a direct result of the Jets porous OL! Not Darnold's fault but its true.....

Again putting Gase aside, Darnold is just not as good (consistent)  as he was at the end of his rookie campaign.  It hurts me to say it but he isn't......

And while Gase can get some real blame as to play calling and scheme design at times, Sam definitely should get some real blame for not at times sitting back there throwing it and just hitting the open receiver.

And while the stupid graphic that somehow shows that Jets WRs are wide open all the time is obviously ridiculous to even the casual observer, it nevertheless true that Darnold is at times missing some folks by a country mile, and to blame those kind of misses on Gase is just WRONG!  Wrong....

While a Prime Time John Elway might not be able to overcome this mess, we have to be honest Elway would be looking way better than Darnold is right now out there..

Reason No. 3

Talent!

This is so obvious it shouldn't be stated, but it has to be mentioned, which is, while coaching matters, no coaching in the world can overcome the injuries the current Jets have had, and couple that with the Jets inferior talent and you have a team that can realistically get blown out week after week.

Indeed, recently we have had competent threads out here which correctly note that the 1996 Jets of infamy under Rich Kotite had WAY more talent than the current Jets; and if you put even a little thought in that is truly a scary fact and directly related to Reason No. 1 above.

Reason No. 4

Defense wins Championships!

Well, while that may no longer be true, but if Defense doesn't win you Championships anymore it can definitely lose you games.  And what we have seen since the beginning of this year on defense has been a disgrace!  A literal disgrace. 

And the only reason why Williams isn't pillared more is because the defense was so stout and effective last year.

Hmmmmmmm do we miss Adams that much perhaps, but then again Seattle's Defense is a joke defense now as well with Adams on it.  WHATEVER....

Nevertheless last season Gase took no credit last year for the Defense's great play but he is certainly taking some heat for its horrific play now.  The question is why?

I hear you and I know that Gase is the HC of THE WHOLE TEAM, I get it, but please don't forget it was the Jets "Hierarchy" and "Brain Trust" who forced Adam Gase to hire Williams to begin with. 

Remember there was a great deal of resistance from within the fan base to the Williams hire as a result of Bounty Gate.  So now when the team shows a lack of discipline on the defensive side of the ball (undisciplined penalties) folks say "look Gase has no control of the team."  Well that is what the Jets wanted and they can't now blame Gase for the result.

Not Gase's Fault..

Reason 5.

Management....

Simple I like Chris Johnson and even like Woody.

They seem in general like decent folk who care and who are committed to a winning culture and team, and despite the knocks on them they don't seem like they are cheap or unwilling to get the right folks in here.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  so what is going on?

The key to me is a simple one...THE JOHNSON'S DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!

Not Knowing, doesn't make them bad people or that they should sell the team, but it does mean they need to get someone in here, as the President of Football Operations, who DOES KNOW what they are doing so that they can handle this mess.

This again is hardly Gase's fault. 

Lack of organizational direction precedes him to the time when the Johnson's acquired the Jets and it is still a reality today!  

Not Gase's Fault!!

Finally, we are a caring fan base and the constant drum beat for Gase's dismissal while cathartic is or has to be hurtful to Gase, his coaches and his family. 

The crazy eyed dude will be fired if he keeps losing games, because that is what happens to HC who keep losing games no matter how good their practices are. 

Anyway I just wanted to step back from my own insanity and give Gase some dignity even if I think he has to go!

While this is true, Gase is just not a leader of men. We need a coach that the players respect. 

• Post of the Week 1