Scoring

jamesr

As we all know we are currently bottom of the league in scoring with a mere 75 points (avg 15 per game).

I just realized that Tennessee - who have only played THREE games to our FIVE - have still outscored us.

Also our points differential, at -86, is 35 points worse than the next team (Washington). That's a full TD per game worse.

The two teams to have fired their head coaches are a COMBINED -69 points differential. 

This is shaping up to be a historically bad season (I know, hot take right there :-) ).

You know what's really amusing? 

Before the Colts game Christopher Johnson leaked a story to the media (Shefter, etc.) that he was "evaluating things" with the clear implication being that the heat was being turned up on Gase. There was speculation changes might be made (obviously Gase being fired) if we didn't see improvement.

Since then we are 0-3.

We've been outscored 103-45.

In two of the games our offense has scored 10 or fewer points.

In all three games we've allowed 30+ points.

So I guess it was just a weird idle threat from CJ? What would he actually have to see to make a change?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

As we all know we are currently bottom of the league in scoring with a mere 75 points (avg 15 per game).

I just realized that Tennessee - who have only played THREE games to our FIVE - have still outscored us.

Also our points differential, at -86, is 35 points worse than the next team (Washington). That's a full TD per game worse.

The two teams to have fired their head coaches are a COMBINED -69 points differential. 

This is shaping up to be a historically bad season (I know, hot take right there :-) ).

If you remove the Broncos game (home game on a short week against a 3rd string QB) the numbers get even worse.

In those games we're being outscored 124 -- 47. Not even mustering 12 points per game.