Jets and Falcons

The Gooch

ATL will win a couple games this year, as they have the talent and have been competitive in most games. Plus they’ll get the “fired coach play above your heads boost” next game. They have a hard schedule so they won’t win much that’s for sure. But i can say they’ll probably pull out 2 or 3.

NYG has had a couple competitive games and still has WASH twice, a Dak-less DALLAS, and PHILLY twice. That’s a good 3-4 wins.

HOUSTON will win enough and be out of the 1st prick running.

JAX plays hard but they suck and I can see only winning a couple of games. But they’ll be in the running for sure.

NYJ I legitimately can’t see a game on the schedule that we’ll win. Maybe one of the MIAMI games, if Fitz has his annual 4-6 pick games and gifts us the game. Other than that, where is a W coming from? CLE? Doubtful. So we are looking at 1 win, it’s historically rare to go 0-16 so I can’t really say anyone will be winless, but we definitely have the best shot.

IMO if Atlanta has the chance they will pick Lawrence. Matty ice will be kept around for next season while Lawrence rides the bench.  The only issue I see in this scenario is how run down the falcon roster is.  If their gm was like Mac then they could be in serious trouble talentwise.  And it wouldn’t be the best fit for Lawrence.

I'm concerned out that current large batch of one win teams.

As much as everyone is convinced that the Jets will not win a game, it's highly likely we win at least one game.

Best candidate? We're going to beat the Chargers.

The Chargers are really good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Because of the strength of schedule if we win only one game, based on our current strength of schedule we would immediately tumble down to drafting 10th.

The Falcons might beat the Chargers, The Broncos or  another surprise.
   My guess is the Falcons manage 2 wins  if we get to play out a full regular season.

The Giants schedule is tough but they are too well coached not to eek out two to three wins. Washington, Eagles, Cowboys or Bengals. My  guess in a regular season... 3 wins.

The other one win teams Chargers, Washington, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Houston, Detroit, Denver is where the danger lies.

We need these one win teams to get at least one more win.

1. Washington is a big "if"  I'm not sure they get another win.

2. Chargers should get another win, Herbert the rookie is playing well.

3. Jacksonville  They should get at least one more win,  the Texans, the Chargers or Lions

4. Minnesota. Nothing to worry about here, they are going to get at least two more wins.

5. Houston.  Their best shot at a second win is the Jaguars, Lions or Bengals

6. Lions. They are going to get one from DC or the Texans.

7. Denver.  The Flacons or the Chargers is their only shot

There is the small matter of Ryan's contract. After this season, he has three years left on a five-year, $150 million deal he signed in 2018. He has a $40.9 million cap hit for 2021, and if he were  cut before June 1, 2021, the Falcons would take a $49.9 million dead money hit. A trade before that date would give Atlanta a $44.4 million dead money hit for next year (a Over The Cap).

If they dealt him, absorbed the HUGE cap hit in order to tank for Trevor....mad respect, lol!

5 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I'm concerned out that current large batch of one win teams.

As much as everyone is convinced that the Jets will not win a game, it's highly likely we win at least one game.

Best candidate? We're going to beat the Chargers.

The Chargers are really good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Because of the strength of schedule if we win only one game, based on our current strength of schedule we would immediately tumble down to drafting 10th.

The Falcons might beat the Chargers, The Broncos or  another surprise.
   My guess is the Falcons manage 2 wins  if we get to play out a full regular season.

The Giants schedule is tough but they are too well coached not to eek out two to three wins. Washington, Eagles, Cowboys or Bengals. My  guess in a regular season... 3 wins.

The other one win teams Chargers, Washington, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Houston, Detroit, Denver is where the danger lies.

We need these one win teams to get at least one more win.

1. Washington is a big "if"  I'm not sure they get another win.

2. Chargers should get another win, Herbert the rookie is playing well.

3. Jacksonville  They should get at least one more win,  the Texans, the Chargers or Lions

4. Minnesota. Nothing to worry about here, they are going to get at least two more wins.

5. Houston.  Their best shot at a second win is the Jaguars, Lions or Bengals

6. Lions. They are going to get one from DC or the Texans.

7. Denver.  The Flacons or the Chargers is their only shot

I think it will come down to this...if we win 1 game, we will end up with Trevor Lawrence. If we win 2 games we will not. I hope we play it safe and win no games.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

@Gangrene I’m pretty sure SOS is determined by the W/L record of teams AFTER games are played. 

I see this misconception floating around that the SOS BEFORE the season started will be the deciding factor in tie breakers but I don’t believe this to be the case.

That said, if we win one game...we might still end up with a top-3 pick. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

@Gangrene I’m pretty sure SOS is determined by the W/L record of teams AFTER games are played. 

I see this misconception floating around that the SOS BEFORE the season started will be the deciding factor in tie breakers but I don’t believe this to be the case.

Its SOS after the season so it constantly changes and won’t be set until after Week 17.

However it’s an odd year for us. When you consider our division is strong with teams that will win games plus games against KC, SEA, Rams, Raiders....it’s not a good situation for us for tie-breaking purposes 

1 minute ago, KINGDIRK said:

Its SOS after the season so it constantly changes and won’t be set until after Week 17.

However it’s an odd year for us. When you consider our division is strong with teams that will win games plus games against KC, SEA, Rams, Raiders....it’s not a good situation for us for tie-breaking purposes 

So I just looked it up. The formula on tankathon.com is using the (current) W/L record of all 16 opponents on our schedule whether we’ve played them yet or not.  That’s cool, but like you said, will adjust over the next 12 weeks. 

If we see a truncated season this would likely get updated in our favor.

25 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Absolutely, I was only looking at from a hypothetical . The SOS will look very differently at the end of season...should we get through a full season in a time of Covid.

1 hour ago, KINGDIRK said:

I think it will come down to this...if we win 1 game, we will end up with Trevor Lawrence. If we win 2 games we will not. I hope we play it safe and win no games.

I think that’s right, but I’m still nervous because nothing ever seems to work out for the Jets with draft pick order.  That said, it’s really hard to go 0-16 and most times the team with the number 1 pick has at least 2 wins.  But this year I think our SOS will help us because there does not seem to have any easy matchups, so their tiebreaker disadvantage is irrelevant.