Bell Released

7 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Another moves that proves jd is tanking

I find this crazy though. There is a good chance we dont have a chance to draft Lawrence. Then what?  I would love to know what the Jets plan is. Are they totally tanking for Lawrence? Seems like a reckless plan. Lawrence has another year of eligibility (why would he want to come and play for the Jets?). The Jets dont even hold the #1 pick at this point and lose any tie breakers with Atlanta or the Giants. If they dont get Lawrence what is the plan? 

• Post of the Week 1

Chris and Joe are doing just about everything possible to get Trevor Lawrence to go back to school.

Why in the f*cking world would you do this? Just fire the god damn coach who’s being ridiculed round the league - Everyone will understand. Don’t remind everyone what a dumpster fire we are by giving Bell the chance to thrive on a f*cking playoff contender. This is some scorched earth sh*t. Well at least Sam will have 100 year old year old Frank Gore by his side to help save his career.

Jesus what in the f*cking f*ck is wrong with this franchise?!?!

• Upvote 1

1) The Jets should trade Darnold now. I'm serious. They clearly have decided to move on from him by taking away his best RB and not making any moves to improve the WR corp. You may as well trade Darnold now before an entire season of inevitable bad tape drives his value down any further. Play Flacco and White the rest of the season and guarantee your 0-16 season. 

2) The organization cleared the stench of the Kotite years by hiring Parcells. The Jets need to make a similar move after Gase. I don't know who that person is. If Brees retires, offer Sean Payton monopoly money to coach Lawrence, IDGAF anymore. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Chris and Joe are doing just about everything possible to get Trevor Lawrence to go back to school.

Why in the f*cking world would you do this? Just fire the god damn coach who’s being ridiculed round the league - Everyone will understand. Don’t remind everyone what a dumpster fire we are by giving Bell the chance to thrive on a f*cking playoff contender. This is some scorched earth sh*t. Well at least Sam will have 100 year old year old Frank Gore by his side to help save his career.

Jesus what in the f*cking f*ck is wrong with this franchise?!?!

Gase was promised he was safe this year

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Yep. People don't understand that this is necessary pain we're going through. Joe Douglas is methodically purging the roster of all of Maccagnan's errors. 

It sucks for us to go through this because we've already been through hell, but it needs to be done. 

We're going to come through this on the other side flush with cash and high draft picks to rebuild the roster. Hang in there.

The general overreaction to this news by some in this thread is ridiculous. Bell's release has almost no impact on the franchise. He would be gone this offseason anyway.

Douglas has more dirty work ahead of him. This is a franchise that has never done things the right way, has never built a solid, continuous foundation. JD is going to do the things the right way, like they did in Baltimore, and you aren't fixing one of the worst franchises in sports in just a couple of years. He negotiated a six-year deal for good reason.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Yep. People don't understand that this is necessary pain we're going through. Joe Douglas is methodically purging the roster of all of Maccagnan's errors. 

It sucks for us to go through this because we've already been through hell, but it needs to be done. 

We're going to come through this on the other side flush with cash and high draft picks to rebuild the roster. Hang in there.

Yea flush w cash.....an organization that trusted coach Gase, traded J Adams, cut L Bell and ruined S Darnold.  Those stud players will def sign here 

Just now, King P said:

When you have franchises like the Browns, Bengals, Lions, and Vikings that exist... not really.

But it's still funny nonetheless lol

I'd probably agree about the Browns, Bengals and Lions. I would disagree about the Vikings. But that's not the point. The fact that the Jets are even in that discussion is just sad. The Jets are easily one of the worst franchises in the NFL. That's the point. 

Just now, Coffee Is Great said:

The general overreaction to this news by some in this thread is ridiculous. Bell's release has almost no impact on the franchise. He would be gone this offseason anyway.

Douglas has more dirty work ahead of him. This is a franchise that has never done things the right way, has never built a solid, continuous foundation. JD is going to do the things the right way, like they did in Baltimore, and you aren't fixing one of the worst franchises in sports in just a couple of years. He negotiated a six-year deal for good reason.

Yep. He started with a revamp of the entire O-Line this year. Next is the QB, edge rusher, and receiver. We have two first round picks, and an early second. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

So we cut him. No pick and  We stuck with his contract? What if he’s picked up by a team this year? Would we be paying for him to play another team this year and next? 

Yes.  I read that there is offset language in his contract, so anything he is paid by new team offsets what we owe him.  Which means he is likely to sign for vet minimum somewhere and we pay most of his salary.

Just now, slimjasi said:

I'd probably agree about the Browns, Bengals and Lions. I would disagree about the Vikings. But that's not the point. The fact that the Jets are even in that discussion is just sad. The Jets are easily one of the worst franchises in the NFL. That's the point. 

Are we though? I mean don't get me wrong, this franchise is extremely frustrating. But I wouldn't say the worst.

Oh and the Vikings have never won a Super Bowl in their whole existence. Matter fact, 12 franchises in NFL have never won a title. That's damn near half the league.

Take solice in the fact that we have at least 1 *shrug*

Imagine being Woody and Chris Johnson? Being born with a silver spoon in your mouth and never really accomplishing anything. Buying an NFL franchise and failing miserably at it. Public embarrassment from Belicheck refusing to coach to the present. I still dont know why, they wanted to buy the Jets in the first place.  They dont seem like fans and definitely dont need the money. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

Yea flush w cash.....an organization that trusted coach Gase, traded J Adams, cut L Bell and ruined S Darnold.  Those stud players will def sign here 

The Bell and Adams moves were necessary, and Darnold wasn't good to begin with. The Adams trade sets us up to land a much more valuable player.

Joe Douglas is flushing all of Mac's turds down the toilet this year. It's painful but necessary in order to build the team the right way.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, King P said:

Are we though? I mean don't get me wrong, this franchise is extremely frustrating. But I wouldn't say the worst.

Oh and the Vikings have never won a Super Bowl in their whole existence. Matter fact, 12 franchises in NFL have never won a title. That's damn near half the league.

Take solice in the fact that we have at least 1 *shrug*

I didn't write "the worst", I wrote "one of the worst." Yes, we are easily one of the worst franchises in the league. Easily. 

As for the one Super Bowl - the fact that it was over 50 years ago just highlights how inept and poorly run we have been over the vast majority of the Super Bowl era.