2 years in and zero 100 yard games. I had high hopes that he’d do well here but he’s been nothing short of a flop. All name and no game since he arrived in NY

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

I would love to know what the Jets plan is. Are they totally tanking for Lawrence? Seems like a reckless plan. Lawrence has another year of eligibility (why would he want to come and play for the Jets). The Jets dont even hold the #1 pick at this point and lose any tie breakers with Atlanta or the Giants. If they dont get Lawrence what is the plan? 

Fields, Lance, or trade down?

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Maybe this is how JD forces Gase to play Perrine. Like when Billy Beane traded Carlos Pena to force Art Howe to play Scott Hatteburg at first base.

Gore will get 40 carries this week.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well I'd say that's over now.  LOL.

Saquon (who also grew up a Jet fan) is probably so incredibly relieved that he got picked by the 0-5 Giants.

• Haha 3

Smart to dump him. The 8M injury guarantee for 2021 isn’t worth the risk. Best of luck to him

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I was around when Coslet got canned but all I had was Jets Confidential arriving in my mail box.

Ha! I used to get that rag.....lol. Christ I miss the 90s.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I am kind of excited to see where Bell goes... 

Is it Gase? 

Is it Bell?

Combination of Both....

Bell wasn't used correctly, that is clear. The Jets also want to clear all the garbage contracts off the books. 

I think there is actually a lot at play here and more then meets the eye.

As long as Bell was here, Gase would start him.

Its also clear that despite the public face Bell put on, he wasn't a team player... He felt he was better then them... (Worked out alone, always juked and dodged when he should just hit the hole, didn't believe in the game plan that was given (Justified or not)).

JD wants his guys to play, and his draft picks to not to develop bad habits... ala Darren Lee, Adams, Bell, Leo... etc. etc... all big video game players. Not to say that this was the issue but it seems to be a common thread... Q Williams is a big gamer too... I think he is next to go. JD wants this to be a business, not club med.

Bell was bad for Perine... Gore is notoriously one of the hardest workers in the sport... This is all about culture change. 

Another example is certain players complaining about showing up to required meetings or therapy... getting fined and complaining... they are gone... 

Sometimes the most talented are not the hardest workers and don't set good examples for the rest...

Just my theory.. 

I also think that Gase is also coaching for his job and CJ/Woody will fire him if he doesn't start winning.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

1696.jpg

do you know how long I've been looking for a late 1960s, early 1970s Honda CB350 or less? That reminded me of what I am looking for...been looking for years!  Love the bike.  Need one.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Titan24 said:

Well he was supposed to turn Darnold into Brett Favre....instead 99% of this board is clamoring for your boy

No one was ever going to turn Darnold into Brett Favre.  His ceiling is Andy Dalton.  Gase sucks hard but Darnold never earned the anointing he received from Jets fans.  

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

4 more years of Gore!

I'm down.  By then Frank Gore Jr will be his teammate!

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

When you think about, a more apt fast food sandwich comparison to Maccagnan would be the KFC Double Down. Like when he drafted safeties back to back.

Plus you have to burn your fingers when you eat it.  I.E. the decision to double down comes with pain.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

jee wiz

I've enjoyed your attempt at a full heel turn this evening. Although it did scream for attention a little too hard it was good experiment in annoying the easily annoyed.

Good job 👍

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

The 8M injury guarantee for 2021 isn’t worth the risk.

Mac's contracts were f****** magnificent.... From a player and agent perspective. 

JFC the guy was fiscally inept along with mentally stunted.

#flaytheJohnsons

#executegase

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'll tell her, she lives in WPB though.

Where? Maybe I ran on her? LOL 

Wes'Nam, yo!

Well Joe Clown guaranteed one thing.  No player will want to come here and play for Gase.  Also, we will pay through the nose for anyone that will.  

I would like to know if it went like this:

Bell: "It's Gase or me, one of us gotta go."

Gase: "Joe, tell him."

Joe: "See ya."

Welcome to the next level of Dante's inferno.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Yes.  I read that there is offset language in his contract, so anything he is paid by new team offsets what we owe him.  Which means he is likely to sign for vet minimum somewhere and we pay most of his salary.

And so we don’t even get a reach around. What a jip. 

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Is it Gase? 

Is it Bell?

Combination of Both....

Bell wasn't used correctly, that is clear. The Jets also want to clear all the garbage contracts off the books. 

Its also clear that despite the public face Bell put on, he wasn't a team player... He felt he was better then them... (Worked out alone, always juked and dodged when he should just hit the hole, didn't believe in the game plan that was given (Justified or not)).

JD wants his guys to play, and his draft picks to not to develop bad habits... ala Darren Lee, Adams, Bell, Leo... etc. etc... all big video game players. Not to say that this was the issue but it seems to be a common thread... Q Williams is a big gamer too... I think he is next to go. JD wants this to be a business, not club med.

Bell was bad for Perine... Gore is notoriously one of the hardest workers in the sport... This is all about culture change. 

Another example is certain players complaining about showing up to required meetings or therapy... getting fined and complaining... they are gone... 

Sometimes the most talented are not the hardest workers and don't set good examples for the rest...

Just my theory.. 

I also think that Gase is also coaching for his job and CJ/Woody will fire him if he doesn't start winning.

Thank you!! great post

Bell was a Hired Gun and a mercenary and was never a "Jet". CJ Mosley is next.

I mentioned earlier that there is a sad Trend where these guys are coming to teams just to get paid, and then either faking injuries or becoming disgruntled so to speak to work their way onto a team that is currently winning and contending. It's sad that there's no loyalty.

I never liked Bell, I never wanted him here. I think because of his big name the head coach was forced to play him and I think it's stunted our quarterbacks growth.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one was ever going to turn Darnold into Brett Favre.  His ceiling is Andy Dalton.  Gase sucks hard but Darnold never earned the anointing he received from Jets fans.  

And the anointing he received from the entire NFL community most of which considered him the best QB in that draft class.

This is one of the most embarrassing moments in Jets history and the repercussions will be felt for several years. The Jets already had to pay a premium to get FAs... remember Macc lost 3 FAs in one off-season who took less to play elsewhere? Yeah, expect that to get worse. Many agents and FAs will have us on the "not at any price" list. Unless you're a has-been squeezing out his last contract or a never-was trying to hang around the league, why would you ever come to this team? It's not worth some extra money--it will demolish your next contract value.

It also increases the odds an additional 10% that Lawrence Peytons/Elways/Elis/Bo-Jacksons us. What an utter organizational embarrassment. Jets had a chance to make a statement here by firing Gase and siding with the players. They failed. We need to give a guy like Bill Cowher a Gruden Deal to reset the image of this joke franchise.

• Upvote 4

For the life of me I can't think of any reason Bell didn't flourish here.🙈

EkEJMn1WkAAyNP1.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Is it Gase? 

Is it Bell?

Combination of Both....

Just my theory.. 

My name is Irktusk, and I approve of this message

2 hours ago, jgb said:

This is one of the most embarrassing moments in Jets history and the repercussions will be felt for several years. The Jets already had to pay a premium to get FAs... remember Macc lost 3 FAs in one off-season who took less to play elsewhere? Yeah, expect that to get worse. Many agents and FAs will have us on the "not at any price" list. Unless you're a has-been squeezing out his last contract or a never-was trying to hang around the league, why would you ever come to this team? It's not worth some extra money--it will demolish your next contract value.

It also increases the odds an additional 10% that Lawrence Peytons/Elways/Elis/Bo-Jacksons us. What an utter organizational embarrassment. Jets had a chance to make a statement here by firing Gase and siding with the players. They failed. We need to give a guy like Bill Cowher a Gruden Deal to reset the image of this joke franchise.

Unless you're planning to build through the draft with spot additions as needed.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Irktusk1957 said:

Unless you're planning to build through the draft with spot additions as needed.

That’s what every team plans. 

5 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Is it Gase? 

Is it Bell?

Combination of Both....

Just my theory.. 

This is pure conjecture. All reports about Bell seemed to indicate the opposite. He was pretty popular in the dressing room. Seems that you're just suggesting we get rid of any players with talent. Q next? WTF? You're acting like these guys are Antonio Brown. They've done nothing wrong. 

https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/jets-leveon-bell-displaying-his-leadership-through-adversity/

Bell doesn’t see stars. He doesn’t create locker-room cliques. He unites.

“He’s one of the hardest-working players we have at practice,’’ offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains said. “Those are the type of guys you need when you’re trying to flip something and build something. You need your highest-paid players to be your hardest workers.’’

On Wednesday, he was doing his usual thing after practice — immersed in a game of chess on his cell phone, bouncing around the locker room bringing teammates into it. The teammate he plays chess against most is fourth-string tight end Trevon Wesco.

“Le’Veon is someone who helps bring the whole team together,’’ Harrison said.

“Once I got here, all eyes were kind of on me, seeing what kind of leader I would be,’’ Bell said. “It let people see my personality and see what type of leader I am and kind of opened people’s eyes up to me.”

Doesn't really strike me as a problematic player. Between Bell's comments, Adams' comments, Robby liking Bell's posts, Mosley opting out - Maybe you should consider that it's not the players who are responsible for this atrocious culture and in fact it's the other way around. Any RB of Bell's pedigree would be rightfully furious at that sh*t on Sunday.

Do you notice a single non-Jet source praising this move? Agreeing with Gase and Douglas? This move is shambles and I'd trust accomplished professionals like Bell to get it right before a fraudulent clown like Gase. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Joe Flacco is 6-0 lifetime against the Miami Dolphins.

SAR I

"Barry Bonds and I hit 762 HRs"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If Bell excels with another team, doesn’t it just confirm that Gase should be fired.

If Bell doesn't get signed or does and sucks will it change your mind about Gase?  

You've been pretty consistent on Gase.  I give you credit for that.  My conundrum is I hated the hire because ownership hired him.  I'm going to second guess he's being fired because ownership will eventually fire him.