Bell Released

Just now, Augustiniak said:

He had none last year too.  

Right, which is why I don't understand why people are upset. This GM didn't make that move.  Bell will be lucky to sign on to another team this year and if he does it'll be a reduced role. 

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Three different times this season I've said, "Wow.  We've really hit bottom!"

I'm done saying it.

When the Jets cut Sam Darnold next week and move the team to Canada I'll assume we're getting close to rock bottom.  Sheesh!

Yeah but try to look at the bright side...MORE carries for Frank Gore hahahaha.

Hey Gase, you and little King of Queens guy do us ALL a favor......ahh let me stop.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Not a friggin chance.  Bell is DONE.

horrible take.  Hes going to be able to pick from a dozen teams requesting his services and will go back to being Bell in no time.  Not sure how many examples of players prospering when escaping Gase people need.

This ******* team is a disgrace right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s where it really gets interesting.

JD selects the players but Gase selects which players play.

JD wants the full tank and definitely wants his younger players to play but Gase needs wins to save his job and might rely on the vets.

If Gase is playing the youngsters it means that CJ told him that his job is secure.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

horrible take.  Hes going to be able to pick from a dozen teams requesting his services and will go back to being Bell in no time.  Not sure how many examples of players prospering when escaping Gase.

This ******* team is a disgrace right now.

That would depend if Bell still wants to play, as he already accomplished his main goal. The Jets did him a huge solid here. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's never had burst. He was painfully slow coming out of college. That's not his game. 

Look, he'll end up on a team and we'll see what happens.

Not true,  his initial burst through the line of scrimmage was always elite in the nfl.  It's the reason way he could be so patient to find the hole. He lost that when he sat out.

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

while i am frustrated that Gase is still here, I expect Gase to be gone by the end of the year. I do not think this is a vote of confidence in Gase. If Gase didn't want him, he could have played other players instead.

Bell was a bad signing and he wasn't a good fit for Gase. What is the point in dealing with the drama during the season. I think this is JD cutting his losses and forcing Gase to play the younger players. He can also use it as an excuse at the end of the year saying that he did what he could for Gase.

If Gase is here next year, I am gone - I have been a fan for almost 50 years and never said that before. Maybe i am too old and have too much to do with a middle schooler and a new pup, but this team isn't worth getting upset with if they won't do what it takes to turn the team around.

I expect that Gase is a goner. Great coaches adjust to their talent, good coaches get the most out of their talent, and a bad coach takes players with promise, make them suck and want to leave. Terrible coaches blame the players as the reason they suck only to those same players play much better on other teams or after they are gone. Gase is the that bad.

Good post but You ain’t going nowhere and you know it.