Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lot K Tailgaters

Have We Hit Rock Bottom?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm always hesitant to say the Jets have hit rock bottom.  With this franchise, you never know what could happen next.

the big bang theory sheldon GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I have had season tickets since 1991 when I was 11.  I thought that the 1996 season would be the worst that things could ever get.  Boy was I wrong.

I remember in 1995 and 1996 I was yelling for Leon Hess to sell the team.  I would take him back gladly if he were still alive.   
 

I never miss a home game and watch every game on TV.  These games aren’t even watchable.  In some way a favor was done for season ticketholders by not allowing fans.  I saw the Eagles are now alllowing 7,500 fans in the stands.  If the Jets started to allow that and fans now had to shell out the money now rather than back in April I’m not sure they draw 5,000 Covid or not.  
 

The Johnson brothers are incompetent buffoons who were born on third base and told the world they hit a triple.  Parcells set this organization up nicely for a while and then once the new stadium came in they became more focused on ticket sales and PSLs.  The past decade has been a disaster and a revolving door for coaches and GMs.  Why would Bienemy coach here when he can go to the Texans who have Watson and appears to not be ruined.  This organization can not find talent and more importantly develop talent.

 

The Jets are a cesspool and I’m not sure things improve for quite some time.  

The Johnsons were born on third base and told the world they hit a slam dunk.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Just remember that "rock bottom" isn't a place or a point in time. It's a way of life. And the New York Jets are Zen ******* masters.

Woody went to Sri Lanka to seek enlightenment.  Apparently his Guru was James Dolan. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets getting their annual humiliation to the Pats on primetime should be the low point. You know BB can't f*cking wait for that sh*t.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For my generation - i started watching in the early 2000s - it is definitely rock-bottom. 

 

Never seen a Jets team this bad. 

The starting lineup is bush league; i'm not sure if they could beat a top-ranked college team. 

 

Cannot got any worse than this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Back in the 70's I had to walk 20 miles each way to Shea Stadium to see this level of football.  Kids today.  

 

Yeah i can't argue, those were hard times. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

SAR doesn't just "believe" it.  He's certain of it.

There're the same poster...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you are built on a swamp, there is no rock bottom, there is always room to sink deeper.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.

Wait till we’re 0-10 at the Bye. Wait till Week 17 and 0-16 is staring us right in the face. Wait till we hire a F’n turd for HC again because he’s “going where football is heading” 😐

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not yet - we have still have a way to get there.

Some options include

Herndon doing something stupid off the field

Mims re-injuring his hamstring in his first practice back and never seeing the field this year.

Drafting Lawrence but he pulls an Elway/Manning and refuses to come here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

When you are built on a swamp, there is no rock bottom, there is always room to sink deeper.  

Silver-lining: Sink deep enough and we'll eventually be rising toward China

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Rock bottom?  Don't be silly, there's still plenty lower to go.  First Becton retires.  Then Gase is given a contract extension.  Who knows what's next to come?

I'm hearing Gase and Douglas are working on a 10-year extension.  I'm excited.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we may have to consult physicists to start talking black holes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me and my experience with the Jets, yes it has.

I've only been a fan since 97, which is not long compared to most people on the board. Which is also why I don't have the doom & gloom mentality that most fans share.

In the 24 years I've been a Jets fans, we've had...

11 winning seasons, 10 losing seasons (counting this season), and 3 seasons where we we finished .500 (8-8). Which is really up and down, but not horrible.

But yes we've never had a season like this since I've been a fan. Hopefully this is rock bottom and we'll ascend from here, but only time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trotter said:

not yet - we have still have a way to get there.

Some options include

Herndon doing something stupid off the field

Mims re-injuring his hamstring in his first practice back and never seeing the field this year.

Drafting Lawrence but he pulls an Elway/Manning and refuses to come here.

number one is a positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jgb said:

The Johnsons were born on third base and told the world they hit a slam dunk.

Now that is a new twist on an old saying.  I like it!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 10:20 PM, southparkcpa said:

@nyjunc believes Woody is amongst the best owners....  😂

You always do things like this because you cannot counter my arguments.  Chris is a buffoon, Woody did a good job running the franchise.

 

Woody 2000-2016(17 seasons)

1 AFC East title- only non Brady one and one of only 2 in our history (2 more div titles from AFL days)

2 AFC Championship Games- same number as 1970-1999, 2016-current(added 1 AFL title game)

6 playoff appearances- just 2 less than our other 44 seasons

6 playoff wins- same number as our other 44 seasons.

Zero back to back losing seasons, this is the 4th straight since he left.

 

He's not Bob Kraft but he did a good job especially when you consider it was during the Brady dynasty.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

You always do things like this because you cannot counter my arguments.  Chris is a buffoon, Woody did a good job running the franchise.

 

Woody 2000-2016(17 seasons)

1 AFC East title- only non Brady one and one of only 2 in our history (2 more div titles from AFL days)

2 AFC Championship Games- same number as 1970-1999, 2016-current(added 1 AFL title game)

6 playoff appearances- just 2 less than our other 44 seasons

6 playoff wins- same number as our other 44 seasons.

Zero back to back losing seasons, this is the 4th straight since he left.

 

He's not Bob Kraft but he did a good job especially when you consider it was during the Brady dynasty.

His number one job is bring in talent and he has never attracted talent. NEVER.   There is NO organization , that is for profit , that would have him on the board. He has done NOTHING. The team was full of talent from the Parcells years but since 2007 we have done nothing in the draft. NOTHING because he does NOT attract talented football men. He is a loser....  gives the reigns to his brother? Real savvy business men would NEVER do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 10:44 AM, southparkcpa said:

His number one job is bring in talent and he has never attracted talent. NEVER.   There is NO organization , that is for profit , that would have him on the board. He has done NOTHING. The team was full of talent from the Parcells years but since 2007 we have done nothing in the draft. NOTHING because he does NOT attract talented football men. He is a loser....  gives the reigns to his brother? Real savvy business men would NEVER do that. 

The team he inherited from Parcells was a mostly aging roster on the verge of cap hell, they got by through 01 then got lucky with the expansion draft or the team would have been gutted with no chance to replenish like they did in 02.  

Parcells did a poor job as a GM.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

The team he inherited from Parcells was a mostly aging roster on the verge of cap hell, they got by through 01 then got lucky with the expansion draft or the team would have been gutted with no chance to replenish like they did in 02.  

Parcells did a poor job as a GM.

Woody is still a very bad owner  in the class of Snyder. he is spoken by nit just me but many many pundits as amongst the worst in sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Woody is still a very bad owner  in the class of Snyder. he is spoken by nit just me but many many pundits as amongst the worst in sports.

Woody 2000-2016(17 seasons)

6 playoff apps

6 playoff wins

4 wild card wins

2 divisional round wins

2 AFC Championship Games

1 AFC East title

Zero back to back losing seasons

 

Snyder 1999-2020(21 full seasons)

5 playoff apps

2 playoff wins (he took over in late may of 1999 so he had nothing to do with 1999 playoff app and win)

2 wild card wins

3 NFC East titles(1 in 99)

Consecutive losing seasons:

3 02-04

3 09-11

3 17-19(about to be 4)

 

The only area he gets all edge is division titles and that's because the Redskins played in a much weaker division.  There's no comparison btw these 2 owners

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Woody 2000-2016(17 seasons)

6 playoff apps

6 playoff wins

4 wild card wins

2 divisional round wins

2 AFC Championship Games

1 AFC East title

Zero back to back losing seasons

 

Snyder 1999-2020(21 full seasons)

5 playoff apps

2 playoff wins (he took over in late may of 1999 so he had nothing to do with 1999 playoff app and win)

2 wild card wins

3 NFC East titles(1 in 99)

Consecutive losing seasons:

3 02-04

3 09-11

3 17-19(about to be 4)

 

The only area he gets all edge is division titles and that's because the Redskins played in a much weaker division.  There's no comparison btw these 2 owners

Your defense of a bottom third franchise, now bottom 3, is admirable.  He is well below 500, has made many poor decisions, meddles in operations and has NO resume what so ever.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 10:20 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm always hesitant to say the Jets have hit rock bottom.  With this franchise, you never know what could happen next.

agreed !  :unsure:..

Rock-Bottom-mug-club.png

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Your defense of a bottom third franchise, now bottom 3, is admirable.  He is well below 500, has made many poor decisions, meddles in operations and has NO resume what so ever.

 

From 2000-2020(which includes 4 seasons he wasn't around for) the Jets are 6th in the AFC in playoff wins and 13th in the NFL.  That doesn't sound bottom third to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

From 2000-2020(which includes 4 seasons he wasn't around for) the Jets are 6th in the AFC in playoff wins and 13th in the NFL.  That doesn't sound bottom third to me.

Playoff wins??? Is that a metric?  We are warm milk toast. Never a real threat to anyone.  Won more than 10 games once.  Below 500 in his tenure.  Yes, we are a bottom third franchise but I'm not running the numbers.  In basically 20 years, we've seen the playoffs 6 times and will have double digit losses again, that makes almost 50 percent of the time, we have double digit losses.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...