Sam will want out soon

kevinc855

38 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

What player from this draft has made a difference for the team? I’m still Amazed we took a qb in the 4th. I can’t even remember his name and I’m a big jets fan 

You said offensive weapons but I think you just mean players from the draft in general. I'm not writing Mims and Perine off purely because we have not seen anything from them yet. It's just a waste of a year of their contracts with this coaching staff.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This franchise is destroying him. There is no way he can get a fair evaluation this season. JD has seemed fit to get rid of Robby and Bell. He swang and missed on any offensive weapons in his draft picks. The defense has also been taken  down to make us a joke. There are also rumors we are shopping crowder??

I don’t know what the heck JD plan is here. He has put himself in a real gambling man spot. When you burn it all down like this you better draft like a god dang genius or your in trouble.

Sam will say the right things but you know deep inside he is wondering what is going on and why in his 3rd year they do this to him. 

Yes because Bell was helping this team so much.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Charity bet is the only gambling I do anymore. The obvious conditions I assume are Jets gets #1 and Lawrence doesn’t become a jet for any reason.

That is a decent bet. Even if the Jets do get the #1 pick, and Lawrence is available to them, I say it is no mortal lock that they choose him. They may certainly be looking to parlay that pick into more choices. I would not give more than 50-50 odds, sitting here today, that if the Jets are sitting at #1, and Lawrence declares, that he is their pick.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Charity bet is the only gambling I do anymore. The obvious conditions I assume are Jets gets #1 and Lawrence doesn’t become a jet for any reason.

That would be me betting 6:1 against Lawrence having a major injury but only getting paid if the Jets finish with the first pick. Which doesn't really test the proposition that we're arguing about.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This franchise is destroying him. There is no way he can get a fair evaluation this season. JD has seemed fit to get rid of Robby and Bell. He swang and missed on any offensive weapons in his draft picks. The defense has also been taken  down to make us a joke. There are also rumors we are shopping crowder??

I don’t know what the heck JD plan is here. He has put himself in a real gambling man spot. When you burn it all down like this you better draft like a god dang genius or your in trouble.

Sam will say the right things but you know deep inside he is wondering what is going on and why in his 3rd year they do this to him. 

First of all....JD did not get 'rid' of Robby.  He gave him an offer, Robby refused.  Maybe Robby wanted to get out of NY like you are suggesting Sam will.

23 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That is a decent bet. Even if the Jets do get the #1 pick, and Lawrence is available to them, I say it is no mortal lock that they choose him. They may certainly be looking to parlay that pick into more choices. I would not give more than 50-50 odds, sitting here today, that if the Jets are sitting at #1, and Lawrence declares, that he is their pick.

Problem is if jets have top pick and don’t pick Lawrence we will never know whether it’s because his people said “don’t bother we won’t sign”

7 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

That would be me betting 6:1 against Lawrence having a major injury but only getting paid if the Jets finish with the first pick. Which doesn't really test the proposition that we're arguing about.

I await your counter proposal :) 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Problem is if jets have top pick and don’t pick Lawrence we will never know whether it’s because his people said “don’t bother we won’t sign”

I await your counter proposal :) 

The sensationalist nature of the top pick, and particularly if it is a New York team, coupled with the hype following Lawrence will make that a pretty public spectacle. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The sensationalist nature of the top pick, and particularly if it is a New York team, coupled with the hype following Lawrence will make that a pretty public spectacle. 

Probably would expect JD to trade down in that situation anyway. There’s probably a 99% chance Lawrence goes #1 barring injury 

• Upvote 1

Trading Sam Darnold for a first round pick isn't going to happen!!!! Not even a second round pick!!!! You MAYBE able to possibly get a third or a fourth round pick for Darnold. Right now no team wants him for two reasons, one is the turnovers and two he hasn't played a full season. 

Trevor Lawrence is no guarantee at #1!!!! He could decide to sit out and reenter the draft. (It has happened before remember RB Bo Jackson). He can do a John Elway and demand to be traded (remember the Colts drafted him and later traded to Denver). Nobody can say he won't do that at all!!!! Right now the Jets are not an attractive team, even if they hire a coach , Lawrence is still walking into a mess. There are no guarantees with this teams, they won't get fixed in one year. 

IMO, lets wait for the day of the draft to see if Trevor Lawrence still entering the draft or demanding the Jets to trade him!!!!!

3 hours ago, heymangold said:

He’s not staying in college.  The team will have a new HC to his liking.  

I agree with this, I suspect as they're in their job search they work with Trevor's agent to make sure he's good with who we hire. 

With that said, with this team who the heck knows.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

With zero weapons and incompetent ownership? Don’t see it

And you expect him to wait until the next year and go to a loaded team #1 overall?

You guys make it seem like the team with the worst record in football is stacked.  He will come out and he will go to the Jets.

JD will explain why he did what he did, show them his plan, see all the first round picks, commit to drafting offense, he would have already signed a big time WR, hire a coach he approves and he comes out.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And you expect him to wait until the next year and go to a loaded team #1 overall?

You guys make it seem like the team with the worst record in football is stacked.  He will come out and he will go to the Jets.

JD will explain why he did what he did, show them his plan, see all the first round picks, commit to drafting offense, he would have already signed a big time WR, hire a coach he approves and he comes out.

We have to hope this is the plan, and they are not just winging it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

We have to hope this is the plan, and they are not just winging it. 

In this regard it would really help douglas if guys like mims and Perine play well the 2nd half of the season.  Especially mims.  And have beckon return and be the stud he’s been already.  Nice to have a stud LT for your new qb.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

In this regard it would really help douglas if guys like mims and Perine play well the 2nd half of the season.  Especially mims.  And have beckon return and be the stud he’s been already.  Nice to have a stud LT for your new qb.  

I totally agree with this. This season has a very different feel if Perrine, Davis and the injured rookies (the rest are all injured, right?) do well in the second half. I'd add Perriman to that as well.

The real question is how do you get Gase to use the rookies? I guess JD could cut all of the veterans Gase has in front of them on the depth chart.

When Adams blasted Gase it seemed like sour grapes because his beef was about money. If Bell blasts Gase, it will be more meaningful because his beef is about how the team operates on the field. But, I expect Bell to keep his powder dry until after he signs with someone.

I'm sure Manish has left Bell more than his fair share of voicemails since the news broke last night.