Sam will want out soon

kevinc855

20 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I totally agree with this. This season has a very different feel if Perrine, Davis and the injured rookies (the rest are all injured, right?) do well in the second half. I'd add Perriman to that as well.

The real question is how do you get Gase to use the rookies? I guess JD could cut all of the veterans Gase has in front of them on the depth chart.

There is a much easier and better way.?

• Upvote 1

sam would have more trade value on the bench behind TL should we get him.
as the enticing backup flavor of the month he would be talked up for months as other qbs go down or falter, without exposing his play.
frankly would hate to see it all go down like this but looks like it’s not going well for the kid here obvi.

3 hours ago, heymangold said:

Trevor Lawrence isn’t going to risk going back to college, getting hurt and losing out on the payday that being the #1 overall pick gets.  It isn’t going to happen. Stop with the thought of it, it’s ridiculous.  

Manning did it because Parcells wouldn’t commit to drafting him 1st overall in 1997, 23 years ago.

Eli made a power play that worked out for everyone.  I don’t see that ever happening again. 

In the land of the Jets, it's tough to blame Jets fans for expecting the worst. But you are correct, Lawrence is coming out and will play for the Jets if we draft him. 

Odds are we will be bringing in a new HC and offensive system. So the dark cloud of Gase will be gone and there won't be reason for Lawrence to want to stay away. 

I agree, Sam very likely wants out at this stage.  He's not no success here, no support here, and is on the verge of being a clear-cut bust with a materially lower career path going forward.

I also believe that Trevor Lawrence will refuse to come to/play for the Jets.  

This team is in the realm of farce at this point.  Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility for our embarrassment now.

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

There are also rumors we are shopping crowder?? I don’t know what the heck JD plan is here. He has put himself in a real gambling man spot. When you burn it all down like this you better draft like a god dang genius or your in trouble.

Rumor has it JD wants to be traded. He’s looking to give up our two #1’s in ‘21 & ‘22 to get out of dodge. 

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

We have to hope this is the plan, and they are not just winging it. 

Yup!

I'm choosing to believe this is the case and that JD is not entirely incompetent. 

I mean if he thought you was putting out a competitive roster or he's simply been "winging it" as you stated we will continue to be the dregs of the NFL for at least another 4 years until JD is gone.

Truthfully though, it sure did seem like that's what he was doing all off-season.  And if he is, and we draft Lawrence they'll be a lot of hope.  He would have been what we were calling for - going all in on a strategy and no half-assing it.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I agree, Sam very likely wants out at this stage.  He's not no success here, no support here, and is on the verge of being a clear-cut bust with a materially lower career path going forward.

This team is in the realm of farce at this point.  Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility for our embarrassment now.

I love how some posters here are saying that "The Jets HC Job next year will be attractive".

No, no it won't.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

I love how some posters here are saying that "The Jets HC Job next year will be attractive".

No, no it won't.

It won’t unless the Johnsons issue a public statement saying they are done trying to interfere with football operations 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup!

I'm choosing to believe this is the case and that JD is not entirely incompetent. 

I mean if he thought you was putting out a competitive roster or he's simply been "winging it" as you stated we will continue to be the dregs of the NFL for at least another 4 years until JD is gone.

Truthfully though, it sure did seem like that's what he was doing all off-season.  And if he is, and we draft Lawrence they'll be a lot of hope.  He would have been what we were calling for - going all in on a strategy and no half-assing it.

You were early on this (tanking), and it appears the plan. 

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

He may want out but he doesn't want to damage his brand and value by griping.  Either the Jets will draft a QB and trade him or he will start over with another coach next season.  He just has to last out this season.

The jets are going to get one of the top 3 QBs in the draft

The strategy for Sam is to end up like Drew Brees who was perceived as a bust fir several years in SD, had a good last season went to free agency and is now a superstar with a different team

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bell was a cancer on the Steelers. They were really annoyed with his antics and he screwed himself over sitting out a year. Macc screwed us up signing him. So, cutting him, while being an impulsive, negligent move, really doesn’t affect us much. Bell just didn’t get along with Gase and visa versa. He was a goner after this year anyways. Bottom line is JD can turn this roster around next year: 1- get a new HC. That’s imperative. 2- get a new QB and trade Darnold who’s already past his welcome here (progress wise and economically- maybe not his fault but who says life is fair). 3 - Keep focusing on the OL. 4- JD MUST get an edge or two- MUST. 5- Get a #1 WR. Period. 6-And get a top flight CB who’s heading into his prime and not spend a fortune on one who’s past it. JD has picks, he’s got money. No reason not to get this stuff done and instantly, this team is undergoing a transformation. 

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The jets are going to get one of the top 3 QBs in the draft

The strategy for Sam is to end up like Drew Brees who was perceived as a bust fir several years in SD, had a good last season went to free agency and is now a superstar with a different team

Call me crazy but I still think Sam is going to wind up being a star somewhere.  If we don't get Lawrence, I'm not convinced the other guys are better than him but I guess the rookie contract thing is a big part of it.

• Upvote 1

I’ve reached the point where I’d be willing to root for Sam over the Jets.

I hate everything the Johnsons stand for. I hate Gase. I see no reason to apply juvenile, toxic male pressure to be loyal to a franchise that is not loyal to or operating in the best interest of the fans or players. That’s more like a cult.

Lets go Sam!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Call me crazy but I still think Sam is going to wind up being a star somewhere.  If we don't get Lawrence, I'm not convinced the other guys are better than him but I guess the rookie contract thing is a big part of it.

I’d love to see him go replace Brees next year.

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Trevor is to smart. If we get one, he’s staying in college much like manning did. 

Heard that is unlikely since he is doing well and we are in the middle of a Pandemic, you don't turn tens of millions of dollars down during times like this unless you are a moron(see Clowney who now looks stupid that is dissed a lucrative contract to play for the Browns who look like a playoff team at this point). What if Lawrence gets hurt staying another year or just doesn't look as good. No, what is more likely is if Jets get the number 1 pick remember they can perform talks with Lawrence prior to the draft and he may say trade down with another team so I can go there.  

11 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Same here.  I’d rather draft Jamar Chase if we don’t get Lawrence but the Johnsons are the Generals of the Gase Excuse Army

• Upvote 1