Jump to content
Charlie Brown

Time to Trade Darnold

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is a good point, they could cut Sam and bring in another 37 year old running back lol.

 

#WildCatForever

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

college football GIF by Nissan USA

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They want to start tanking for Lawrence then trade Darnold. And honestly I think Darnold deserves better than what this team is doing so this would be beneficial to him as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

This is probably their thinking. But i would trade Darnold and start Morgan. The tank would be complete. 

David Fales would be better to start if the full tank was on or bring back Luke Falk and start him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Trading Darnold now makes no sense because his value already took the hit. They are better off playing him and trying to develop him the rest of the way. Then they have two options:

1. If they get the 1st overall pick, his value is higher

2. If they don't get the 1st overall pick, they have a better feel for what they think about him

My concern is this Tom Brady wouldn't look alright with these skill players that are being run out there now for the Jets, just look at how Brady is doing in TB and they are loaded!

So under these circumstances do we really believe that Darnold will be developed in any meaningful way? :( 

I just don't believe in that.

However your point on waiting makes sense if the Jets were to say we are going to rebuild around Darnold regardless of what takes place the rest of the way but I am not sure that would be prudent if in fact the Jets have the number One pick.

I guess I don't want Darnold to get screwed but I am afraid that it is all possible under these crazy circumstances...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

You can’t trade Sam until you know where you are drafting next year.   

If the Jets trade Darnold now, I'm pretty sure I know where the Jets are picking. There aren't going to be multiple 0-16 teams this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The truth is based on what the Jets did this offseason and the lack of offensive skill players the Jets cannot say they believe in Sam Darnold.  
 

I believe in Darnold.  Let me repeat I believe in Darnold but the Jets don’t.   They clearly don’t.....
 

I say trade Darnold now rather than later.  The fact is that the tape on Darnold is NOT GOING to improve for Darnold with these players absent a miracle with Mims, so trade Darnold now while his value is best.  

Can't.  As much as the Jets failed to develop or support the best QB prospect they've had since Namath, to such a point it almost seems intentional,  they're stuck with him until next April. 

 

What happens if they trade him and either wind up picking 2 or 3, or Lawrence says, "Thanks,  but no thanks "?

 

So, until the year is over, and the draft order is set and Lawrences team lets the Jets know they're open to letting their client get sucked into the QB Destroying Machine known as the New York Jets, poor Sam is stuck with us. 

 

LOL. Adam Gase....over Mike McCarthy.  Just.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Welp said:

They want to start tanking for Lawrence then trade Darnold. And honestly I think Darnold deserves better than what this team is doing so this would be beneficial to him as well.

Welp, and if Lawrence stays in school or we happen to win 1 or 2 meaningless games and not get the #1 pick? Then whats the plan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Welp, and if Lawrence stays in school or we happen to win 1 or 2 meaningless games and not get the #1 pick? Then whats the plan?

Build the team up for the next QB. This team has a ton of holes it doesn’t hurt to solidify the other positions especially since they look like a D3 college team out there every Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Welp, and if Lawrence stays in school or we happen to win 1 or 2 meaningless games and not get the #1 pick? Then whats the plan?

JD drafted QB James Morgan in the 4th round what was he thinking. Id like to know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Trading Darnold now makes no sense because his value already took the hit. They are better off playing him and trying to develop him the rest of the way. Then they have two options:

1. If they get the 1st overall pick, his value is higher

2. If they don't get the 1st overall pick, they have a better feel for what they think about him

How do you figure his value would be higher after he plays us to the worst record in the league and everybody knows we're getting rid of him because we're drafting a quarterback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AL047 said:

 Another reason, Darnold in three season has missed games and has not played a full season, 

He can't stay on the field, not a good factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing is happening with Darnold until the offseason. 

The Jets have to know for sure exactly where they are picking and what all of their options are before moving on from Darnold. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The truth is based on what the Jets did this offseason and the lack of offensive skill players the Jets cannot say they believe in Sam Darnold.  
 

I believe in Darnold.  Let me repeat I believe in Darnold but the Jets don’t.   They clearly don’t.....
 

I say trade Darnold now rather than later.  The fact is that the tape on Darnold is NOT GOING to improve for Darnold with these players absent a miracle with Mims, so trade Darnold now while his value is best.  

I think they're trying to right now.  They just named Flacco the starter again.  They're shopping Darnold as we speak.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Depends on what you can get, but if you can get a high 2nd you do it in a second. 

They're taking a QB next year anyway, so he's being traded then regardless. 

Two things you have to take into account:

1) will you get more for him now or later (you seem to think more and I agree)

2) will get rid of him make the team better or worse? (I believe worse, and that's a good thing right now)

Just go all in on the tank....no reason to hide it at this point and get Lawrence.

You know that I want Sam Darnold as the Jets QB but I agree with your logic if the Jets are going to move on for him,  I say let's do it now and not pretend otherwise.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think they're trying to right now.  They just named Flacco the starter again.  They're shopping Darnold as we speak.

 

I agree but as I look around the NFL who needs him besides maybe the Colts who originally traded us to move up and get him. 

Darnold to the Colts for a #1 pick would be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiF said:

I think they're trying to right now.  They just named Flacco the starter again.  They're shopping Darnold as we speak.

 

If the market is really what's being reported, they had better be.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

You can’t trade Sam until you know where you are drafting next year.   

I dont think the Jets plan on winning another game this season and quite frankly, I genuinely dont think they will either.  I know it's the NFL and sometime you win a game you dont expect to and we certainly know the Jets love doing that but I think this year is different.  It's the worst Football team I've ever seen.  All the other winless team are significantly more talented, significantly.

I think they fully expect #1 and fully plan on giving Lawrence to Adam Gase.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold is the Jets QB until we have Lawrence fall into our laps, and there's no last minute shenanigans like trading out of the pick, going back to school, forcing a trade, etc.

Even if you take a hit on the value of the trade compensation you are getting, you can't move off the asset unless you have the replacement lined up and firmly committed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BCJet said:

Anyone who watched Ryan Tannenhill absolutely demolish the Bills after not practicing and thinks Sam is the only problem here really needs to re-think some things.

Tannehill is a legit QB sam plays one unconvincingly on TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trading Darnold before we know if we have a shot at Lawrence would be tremendously stupid.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Trading Darnold before we know if we have a shot at Lawrence would be tremendously stupid.

So you’re saying there’s a chance!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Icer said:

Darnold is the Jets QB until we have Lawrence fall into our laps, and there's no last minute shenanigans like trading out of the pick, going back to school, forcing a trade, etc.

Even if you take a hit on the value of the trade compensation you are getting, you can't move off the asset unless you have the replacement lined up and firmly committed.

I disagree Sam Darnold is not JD's QB of choice, remember the 4th round draft pick James Morgan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to all the Darnold lovers scurrying from the woodwork every time he gets a spot start over the next 5 years crowing that now we will see what we are missing—then vanishing hours łater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I disagree Sam Darnold is not JD's QB of choice, remember the 4th round draft pick James Morgan. 

Morgan is the backup to the backup right now. 

It doesn't look like the Jets intend on playing Morgan this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slimjasi said:

Morgan is the backup to the backup right now. 

It doesn't look like the Jets intend on playing Morgan this year. 

Not by choice no they won't, without seeing him playing live NFL action that could say a lot about JD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Trading Darnold before we know if we have a shot at Lawrence would be tremendously stupid.

So what?????

I can be as stupid as the next one!!!!!

Stupid People GIF by memecandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

So what?????

I can be as stupid as the next one!!!!!

"You're hired!"

-- Chris Johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The truth is based on what the Jets did this offseason and the lack of offensive skill players the Jets cannot say they believe in Sam Darnold.  
 

I believe in Darnold.  Let me repeat I believe in Darnold but the Jets don’t.   They clearly don’t.....
 

I say trade Darnold now rather than later.  The fact is that the tape on Darnold is NOT GOING to improve for Darnold with these players absent a miracle with Mims, so trade Darnold now while his value is best.  

How did you change the "Member" status under your username to "Moderator"?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trading Darnold is just another bad decision of the many bad decisions this team has made. It will be another disappointment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I don’t want to get rid of Darnold!!!!

I don’t!!

giphy.gif

SAR I

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens when we trade darnold and flacco somehow wins two games? Now we don't have any hope at qb as opposed to having some hope that a new coach can fix our broken players?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relax people! 

THE KID IS ONLY 23

Why we are so impatient?

i get It, I get it. Long time suffering fan here as well. But since we all started staring at smart phones for answers, we’ve all become too impatient with everything.
 Rebuilding a team takes time, it doesn’t happen overnight. Sam is definitely not a problem, he’s part of the solution. 

Plus, who in the hell is guaranteeing us the # 1 pick.

Come on everyone, this team has bigger problems than Sam Darnold.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The truth is based on what the Jets did this offseason and the lack of offensive skill players the Jets cannot say they believe in Sam Darnold.  
 

I believe in Darnold.  Let me repeat I believe in Darnold but the Jets don’t.   They clearly don’t.....
 

I say trade Darnold now rather than later.  The fact is that the tape on Darnold is NOT GOING to improve for Darnold with these players absent a miracle with Mims, so trade Darnold now while his value is best.  

While I feel the sam way I don't think it would be wise to move Sam until the draft or at least until you know you have your future QB locked in. The benefit of releasing Bell is that we can now say "Well look, Sam didn't have his best weapons" and then if he looks better in the 2nd half the year with Mims and Perriman you may be able to fetch a higher price for him. It's not a great outlook but that's my slight positive spin.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlie is 100% correct in his claims of the Jets front office. They have done exactly NOTHING to support Sammy. They're trying their very best to RUIN Sammy and that includes Joe Douglas.

With that said, I'm dead set against trading Sammy. Maybe just maybe the front office will figure out how to draft players. If so, at some point, Sammy may become the player we know he's capable of being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Charlie is 100% correct in his claims of the Jets front office. They have done exactly NOTHING to support Sammy. They're trying their very best to RUIN Sammy and that includes Joe Douglas.

With that said, I'm dead set against trading Sammy. Maybe just maybe the front office will figure out how to draft players. If so, at some point, Sammy may become the player we know he's capable of being.

sammy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...