Time to Trade Darnold

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We have none know he played terrible this season he has regressed . 

If the Colts called today and said they would give us their first rounder next year- I would roll the dice and do it. But for a second rounder- no thanks. I can get that in the offseason. Just in case we end up picking 4th overall I’d still want Darnold around. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KINGDIRK said:

If the Colts called today and said they would give us their first rounder next year- I would roll the dice and do it. But for a second rounder- no thanks. I can get that in the offseason. Just in case we end up picking 4th overall I’d still want Darnold around. 

HELL YES sign me up, goodbye Sam Darnold. 

I have a feeling this is what JD wants so he can pick his QB and build his team. 

3 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

If we pick anywhere other than 1st overall (or if Trevor won't play here) then I want Sam back.

All this "trade Sam" talk sounds absolutely idiotic to me.  And my gut feeling is that JD isn't going to give up on Sam unless we're in position to draft Trevor (unless maybe he loves either Fields or Lance).  I would imagine he understands what Sam has had to deal with here and how he's still only 23 years old.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You really think JD drafted James Morgan with the intention of making him our long-term starter?

Well, if he didn't see potential for Morgan as a possible solution down the road, then he shouldn't have used a 4th round draft pick on him. 

I wrote in the draft thread back in April that I didn't love the Morgan pick because I generally hope to get immediate production out of my first 4 rounds of picks. I would have felt a lot better about the Morgan pick if it was made in round 5 instead of round 4. Morgan being the 3rd string QB right now is not great. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we pick anywhere other than 1st overall (or if Trevor won't play here) then I want Sam back.

All this "trade Sam" talk sounds absolutely idiotic to me.  And my gut feeling is that JD isn't going to give up on Sam unless we're in position to draft Trevor (unless maybe he loves either Fields or Lance).  I would imagine he understands what Sam has had to deal with here and how he's still only 23 years old.

I could see this, but it all depends on what he really thinks of Sam compared to prospects like Fields and Lance. 

The reality is that no one knows what JD is really thinking about Sam or this upcoming QB draft class. 

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agree. 100%. Having said that, I dream of securing the first pick. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What has Sam Darnold won here. He's worse than he was his rookie season. We need a QB and being they don't grow on trees I figured we should try anything, you know like MM and JD did with Doctson,Khalil and others turn over every stone until you find something decent. 

Id rather watch Josh Rosen compete for a spot than Joe Flacco go through the motions. 

Id much rather watch James Morgan and see if JD has any brains with his 4th pick. 

Doctson, Kalil, Josh Rosen.  What do these three players have in common? 

Darnold’s Parents: [answering call on speaker] hello Joe.

JD: Hi Mike and Chris.

DP: We’ve been meaning to call you Joe. Remember when you made us feel all warm and fuzzy inside with your talk about all of the things you were gonna do to protect our son.....

JD: I know, I know, I know ... In fact, that’s why I’m calling. I’ve got great news. We’ve traded Sam.

DP: wuht? To where?

JD: Does it really matter where? This is me fulfilling my promise to you. Anywhere but here has got to be better for his future success and physical well-being.

DP: it’s hard not agree with that. Thank you Joe

JD: Sorry to make this so short, but I gotta  go, john gruden is calling. Becton liked an instagram post that questioned playing him with an injured shoulder, so I’ve got to trade him or release him.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Here is a thought .. draft Lawrence .. start Sam, sit Lawrence till he's ready ... trade Sam who has hopefully improved his trade value.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

I’m down with that. In fact keep an open mind and see if Lawrence will beat Sam out for the job after 1 season. What is so terrible about having 2 potential franchise QBs on the roster?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Folks are starting to see what I was saying as a possibility!!!

I will continue to maintain that the Jets are not trading Darnold before they know where they are picking in the draft. 

The trade deadline is November 3rd. Even if you assume the Jets will be 0-8 by then, you will still have half the season left to play. The number 1 pick seems like a lock right now, but strange things happen, especially to the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2020 at 9:11 AM, sec101row23 said:

You can’t trade Sam until you know where you are drafting next year.   

You are the only one who doesn’t know where we will be drafting next year. It will be the #1 pick. If you had better seats you’d know how bad this team is. 

54 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I will continue to maintain that the Jets are not trading Darnold before they know where they are picking in the draft. 

The trade deadline is November 3rd. Even if you assume the Jets will be 0-8 by then, you will still have half the season left to play. The number 1 pick seems like a lock right now, but strange things happen, especially to the Jets. 

After I started the thread I heard these views and they make sense.  What you are saying makes sense but that is why the Jets might be STUPID enough not to listen to your sage advice!

Before I was saying trade Sam because he needs to get away from these clowns (Organization).  

The truth is a team like Dallas might come a calling soon before they fall off a cliff in a very weak division.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

After I started the thread I heard these views and they make sense.  What you are saying makes sense but that is why the Jets might be STUPID enough not to listen to your sage advice!

Before I was saying trade Sam because he needs to get away from these clowns (Organization).  

The truth is a team like Dallas might come a calling soon before they fall off a cliff in a very weak division.

I think Sam can develop into a good QB - but ask yourself honestly - is he better than Andy Dalton right now? 

Darnold is a project, not a win now QB. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I think Sam can develop into a good QB - but ask yourself honestly - is he better than Andy Dalton right now? 

Darnold is a project, not a win now QB. 

I think that it is no contest that Darnold is FAR better than Andy Dalton.  I saw Darnold crush a far better team than them in Dallas last year with nothing around him and I just saw Dalton look like crap against a team that the Jets looked world's better against with NOBODY out there.

You put Darnold on Dallas and you see what happens!