Adam Gase addresses Le'Veon Bell release

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He basically said "well you all saw, he only played the first half against Buffalo and then played this weekend..... It is what it is."  WTF does that mean?

It's coachspeak for "He's done. He's old. He's lost it.".

Gase is being gracious.  I wish just one of these head coaches were allowed to speak honestly, the way the press and all the fans can.  It would be so much easier that way.  Instead, they're all copy/pasting these lines of blah blah "needtoseethefilm" and blah blah "goodweekofpractice" and then we criticize the nonsense they deliberately are speaking and call them stupid for staying the stupid things they have no choice but to say.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Gase is Belichick with less personality and no rings.

To be fair, every head coach is trained to do the same.  Todd Bowles by all accounts is a sweet man.  He sounded just like the same stupid "its a process" robot that every other NFL head coach sounds like.  They should just get rid of these pressers already.  It's a 1940 radio convention in a 2020 Twitter world.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's coachspeak for "He's done. He's old. He's lost it.".

Gase is being gracious.  I wish just one of these head coaches were allowed to speak honestly, the way the press and all the fans can.  It would be so much easier that way.  Instead, they're all copy/pasting these lines of blah blah "needtoseethefilm" and blah blah "goodweekofpractice" and then we criticize the nonsense they deliberately are speaking and call them stupid for staying the stupid things they have no choice but to say.

SAR I

What happens if Bell plays elsewhere and shows he is not done or old and has not lost it?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, kmnj said:

dumbest guy in the room but thinks he is the smartest guy in the room

only thing I find more offensive than his coaching is his personality -total ahole who has accomplished NOTHING

I have said since day one he became the Jets HC.  Adam Gase is the textbook example of the Dunning-Kruger effect

GASE SUCKS

JOHNSON SUCKS

THE JETS SUCK

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Adam Gase speaks and presents himself as a person with issues. 

You have done the biggest turnaround in history. From my least to most favorite person overnight.

love me or hate me... just please don’t ignore me.

You cracked the jgb code

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Well then Adam Gase and JD will be further exposed as being idiots. 

Bell's contract made it obvious he would be cut after this season. I think JD asked Gase, if he wanted to keep Bell for the rest of the season or release Bell now and simply did what Gase asked. Why?  JD wants to have a clear mind knowing that he gave Gase everything he asked for to try to improve the team's performance from last season to this season when JD recommends that the Johnsons fire Gase. After all, JD owes his huge salaried job to Gase who created the opening by convincing the Johnsons to fire Mac and then recommending JD for the job. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

In the field of psychology, the DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.

Guess this is chronic in the Johnson family?

• Haha 1

So, cutting Bell results in the Jets paying him $6,000,000 to sit on his couch, or more likely, play for another team.

I thought one of the reasons the Jets were not firing Adam Gase during the season is because the Johnsons didn't want to pay Gase to sit at home on his couch? I think Gase makes about $2,000,000 per year. So, they'd prefer to eat $6,000,000 of Bell's Salary rather than less then $6,000,000 of Gase's salary? Do these guys understand Math?

At what point do the Johnsons prove to be so inept that we can go to court to seek to have the Jets put in a Receivership?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

What happens if Bell plays elsewhere and shows he is not done or old and has not lost it?

Did you see the 3rd down and 1 pitch play to him this past Sunday - he looked like a sloth trying to turn the corner. Either he was severely dogging it or he's done. A contender may get some value out of him but his burst is gone. 

23 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, cutting Bell results in the Jets paying him $6,000,000 to sit on his couch, or more likely, play for another team.

I thought one of the reasons the Jets were not firing Adam Gase during the season is because the Johnsons didn't want to pay Gase to sit at home on his couch? I think Gase makes about $2,000,000 per year. So, they'd prefer to eat $6,000,000 of Bell's Salary rather than less then $6,000,000 of Gase's salary? Do these guys understand Math?

At what point do the Johnsons prove to be so inept that we can go to court to seek to have the Jets put in a Receivership?

I have a suspicion that Adam Gase has convinced Chris Johnson that he (Gase) is not the problem.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Bell's contract made it obvious he would be cut after this season. I think JD asked Gase, if he wanted to keep Bell for the rest of the season or release Bell now and simply did what Gase asked. Why?  JD wants to have a clear mind knowing that he gave Gase everything he asked for to try to improve the team's performance from last season to this season when JD recommends that the Johnsons fire Gase. After all, JD owes his huge salaried job to Gase who created the opening by convincing the Johnsons to fire Mac and then recommending JD for the job. 

I’m sorry but the brothers-Johnson won’t ask JD for a recommendation.

The Jet organizational structure isn’t built that way. 

Until that glorious day happens when the GM is truly calling the shots, this franchise will never go anywhere.

I’m not holding my breath however. The Johnsons are simply too stubborn.

• Upvote 1