Joe Douglas is a wimp and needs to be fired too

GreekJet

How can he allow the organization to use his name on that twitter post yesterday?

Hes OK sitting back and allowing this moronic coach to run players off the team? Does he realize he and the organization is a laughing stock?

Any real leader would not sit back and allow Gase to run roughshod over this team. If Joe Douglas doesn’t realize this coach needs to removed from the program immediately he doesn’t deserve a GM job.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 28

I guess y’all just wanted another Jamal Adams saga.  He got rid of a guy that:

1: wasn’t being used properly 

2: didn’t want to be here

3: the HC (no matter how bad) didn’t want him

It was a preemptive strike so there wasn’t additional drama.  Everyone has been clamoring for Perine - well here’s his chance.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, heymangold said:

It was a preemptive strike so there wasn’t additional drama.  Everyone has been clamoring for Perine - well here’s his chance.

#3 proves my point. Why allow Gase to win a power play against anyone right now? What credibility does he have?

• Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

JD doesn't have the authority to fire Gase, correct?

I think Douglas could get Gase out of here if he spoke up to ownership. He doesn’t want to hurt his buddies feelings. 

It seems as if Gase is the most powerful figure in that building. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

How can he allow the organization to use his name on that twitter post yesterday?

Hes OK sitting back and allowing this moronic coach to run players off the team? Does he realize he and the organization is a laughing stock?

Any real leader would not sit back and allow Gase to run roughshod over this team. If Joe Douglas doesn’t realize this coach needs to removed from the program immediately he doesn’t deserve a GM job.

Well Gase did it to Tannebaum with the Fins, but we know that would not be hard to do. Perhaps JD is just biding his time figuring Woody will return and right his brother's wrong by firing Gase after we lose either every game this year or almost every game. Then it's a matter of since JD is a football guy does Woody let him pick the HC, or at least if he doesn't give JD full autonomy there let the GM have a big say as to who the HC will be. It would be best to let JD be the primary person with input from other brass for him to hire the HC he thinks will be the best fit for the players to be drafted. And that said HC should report to JD, but that would be doing it the best way for our highest chances for success and likely not what even Woody would do, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well Gase did it to Tannebaum with the Fins, but we know that would not be hard to do. Perhaps JD is just biding his time figuring Woody will return and right his brother's wrong by firing Gase after we lose either every game this year or almost every game. Then it's a matter of since JD is a football guy does Woody let him pick the HC, or at least if he doesn't give JD full autonomy there let the GM have a big say as to who the HC will be. It would be best to let JD be the primary person with input from other brass for him to hire the HC he thinks will be the best fit for the players to be drafted. And that said HC should report to JD, but that would be doing it the best way for our highest chances for success and likely not what even Woody would do, but we'll see.

If I’m a quality HC I’m not signing up to work for Douglas. 

After Gase is gone Douglas is going to have the target on his back (see Gettleman). 

JD could very well be out next year or the year after. 

There is also the question about Woody and his potential return to power. 

It’s not fair, but the best move for all right now would be to start fresh and clean house. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

um... you do realize that gase does not report to Douglas, don't you?  Douglas is not his boss.  He is powerless to do anything but go around Gase's back and nag at Chris Johnson's ear how bad Gase is.  

This hierarchy never has worked for the Jets and never will.  We need a Director of Football operations for Douglas to report to and for him to pick his own HC who will report to him directly.  In other words, normalcy.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Lol, it's clearly going to be 25 carries a week for Gore for the rest of the season 

• Upvote 1

Jamal Adams was and probably still is looking to be paid $16MM + and with the way the relatipnship between him and the team had deteriorated, he was unlikely to re-sign here.  Instead we got three draft picks for him.  Yes, we are a worse team this year because of the trade, but we have the potential to be much better in two years than had we kept him.
As for Bell, he just returned from a hamstring injury.  He has not been productive.  He has an $8MM injury guarantee in his contract.  If we kept him, and he re-injured the hamstring, it woud have cost us an extra $8M on the cap next year.  I would have preferred to see him let Bell play out the season, but given the injury guarantee, I get releasing him now.
Seems to me that JD is running the show.   That said, he better do something next year with the picks and cap space, because I really want to watch competitive football on Sundays, and, dare I say it, meaningful games in November and December.

I wanna watch meaningful games past Colombus day

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1