Joe Douglas is a wimp and needs to be fired too

GreekJet

2 hours ago, GreekJet said:

How can he allow the organization to use his name on that twitter post yesterday?

Hes OK sitting back and allowing this moronic coach to run players off the team? Does he realize he and the organization is a laughing stock?

Any real leader would not sit back and allow Gase to run roughshod over this team. If Joe Douglas doesn’t realize this coach needs to removed from the program immediately he doesn’t deserve a GM job.

Go back to your Giants... We don't need you to troll the board 8 times a day with new ways to say that the Jets suck... Danny Dimes is not looking so hot either

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, heymangold said:

I guess y’all just wanted another Jamal Adams saga.  He got rid of a guy that:

1: wasn’t being used properly 

2: didn’t want to be here

3: the HC (no matter how bad) didn’t want him

It was a preemptive strike so there wasn’t additional drama.  Everyone has been clamoring for Perine - well here’s his chance.

For all of Gregg Williams' many flaws, his use of Adams was actually very smart, and it helped to drive up his trade value.  He used him as more like a Linebacker who covers sometimes, which highlighted his strengths while not exposing his weaknesses.

With Seattle, so far, when targeted, QB's have a 115+ QB Rating and 75+ completion % and receivers he covers are averaging 13.9 yards per target.  Carroll is using him to cover WRs (usually the slot or WR3) rather than RBs and TEs and its not working.  Michael Gallup has sucked all season EXCEPT when facing Adams.  Edelman put up a monster game on Adams.  He sucks at covering WRs and it shows.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It's going to be hilarious to watch his defenders slowly turn on him over the next 18 months.

The man has been nothing short of a catastrophe so far. Transitioning a bad NFL team into an historically awful one. 

Lol, why am I not surprised that fans have turned on JD already? As if he was supposed to make this team a SB contender overnight. Newsflash, no GM was gonna make this team a good one in that short a timeframe. Blame Idzik and Mac for years of incompetency. 

JD is gonna have at least another 2-3 years before he possibly gets fired (given his contract as well). If this team looks just as bad as they have this season so far, then yeah, I'll be right there with wanting him gone. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Lol, why am I not surprised that fans have turned on JD already? As if he was supposed to make this team a SB contender overnight. Newsflash, no GM was gonna make this team a good one in that short a timeframe. Blame Idzik and Mac for years of incompetency. 

JD is gonna have at least another 2-3 years before he possibly gets fired (given his contract as well). If this team looks just as bad as they have this season so far, then yeah, I'll be right there with wanting him gone. 

No GM would have made us good. But it's impressive how bad he has made us. We are one of the worst NFL teams I have ever seen and he's made plenty of moves that have contributed to that. I know Maccagnan is the worst. If the best thing we can say about JD is that he's not Mike Maccagnan then we have serious f*cking problems. Mac was also praised for not being Idzik, who in turn was praised for not being Tanny. Do we never learn?

So let's just judge him on the moves he's made - Kalil, Griffin, Jenkins, Desir, Perriman, Fant, GVR, McGovern - All overpaid relative to how they performed or are performing, every single one. Went cheap and ended up getting worse value than had we just paid the premium for the top guys. An absolute f*cking shambles to this point and a huge reason why we could easily go 0-16. Douglas would be the first GM to ever survive that record. 

I'm also well aware we'll give him more time. We give GM's more time than they're worth all the time. I just find it hilarious how everyone wants to turn a blind eye to his genuinely abysmal moves to this point. Desir is basically Tru on a smaller scale. Literally the exact same case of paying a declining DB based on what he'd done two years earlier. The same signs are there and you're all burying your head in the sand. Will be fun to see it play out when Gase is gone and there's nowhere left for him to hide.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2020 at 6:26 PM, GreekJet said:

How can he allow the organization to use his name on that twitter post yesterday?

Hes OK sitting back and allowing this moronic coach to run players off the team? Does he realize he and the organization is a laughing stock?

Any real leader would not sit back and allow Gase to run roughshod over this team. If Joe Douglas doesn’t realize this coach needs to removed from the program immediately he doesn’t deserve a GM job.

JD said hes building a team of players who want to. be Jets

You missed the memo while high fiving yourself and your Giant fan buddies.

At least your Danny Boy posts stopped 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

No GM would have made us good. But it's impressive how bad he has made us. We are one of the worst NFL teams I have ever seen and he's made plenty of moves that have contributed to that. I know Maccagnan is the worst. If the best thing we can say about JD is that he's not Mike Maccagnan then we have serious f*cking problems. Mac was also praised for not being Idzik, who in turn was praised for not being Tanny. Do we never learn?

So let's just judge him on the moves he's made - Kalil, Griffin, Jenkins, Desir, Perriman, Fant, GVR, McGovern - All overpaid relative to how they performed or are performing, every single one. Went cheap and ended up getting worse value than had we just paid the premium for the top guys. An absolute f*cking shambles to this point and a huge reason why we could easily go 0-16. Douglas would be the first GM to ever survive that record. 

I'm also well aware we'll give him more time. We give GM's more time than they're worth all the time. I just find it hilarious how everyone wants to turn a blind eye to his genuinely abysmal moves to this point. Desir is basically Tru on a smaller scale. Literally the exact same case of paying a declining DB based on what he'd done two years earlier. The same signs are there and you're all burying your head in the sand. Will be fun to see it play out when Gase is gone and there's nowhere left for him to hide.

So what other moves could he have made to make this a playoff/sb contending team? Please tell me. And don't say he could have resigned Robby. They'd still be winless without him.

And the only true abysmal move has been Kalil, and that was a shot in the dark last year to try anything to improve the o-line. 

JD may or may not be a good GM, but if you're judging him based on a year and half, then I don't know what to tell you. Knowing some Jet fans, you'd just want hire and fire a new GM every year. 

JD is gonna get 2-3 more years to see what he's got, as he should. It's not a matter of giving a GM more time than they're worth.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

So what other moves could he have made to make this a playoff/sb contending team? Please tell me. And don't say he could have resigned Robby. They'd still be winless without him.

And the only true abysmal move has been Kalil, and that was a shot in the dark last year to try anything to improve the o-line. 

JD may or may not be a good GM, but if you're judging him based on a year and half, then I don't know what to tell you. Knowing some Jet fans, you'd just want hire and fire a new GM every year. 

JD is gonna get 2-3 more years to see what he's got, as he should. It's not a matter of giving a GM more time than they're worth.

My first sentence - “No GM would have made us good” - Completely ignores it.

God forbid we judge him based on what he actually does on the job.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

This is just whining to whine at this point.  Tell me a FA who signs a 1-year deal (which all of these guys essentially were) who produce at a high level and I'll call you a liar.  FA's are another team's trash and these were dumpster bin pickups never intended to be long-term solutions. 

And even after dumpster diving on the OL, the line has actually been a good bit better than last season.  It's certainly not a league average line but it's not far off, and that's good enough when you're forced to replace all 5 guys.  

Your preferred plan would have had this team at 4-12 and out of the sweepstakes for a top 5 pick.  Great!  The Macc plan all over again!

If the 2020 draft ends up a mediocre/poor one then that will be the merit on which to judge Joe Douglas harshly thus far.  He must nail a high % of his picks to turn things around here.  All this other stuff is just window dressing.

• Upvote 3

It's totally clear at this point that Douglas's plan was to be fiscally conservative this year to accumulate resources for next year - both to insulate the team from (and even be opportunistic with) the financial impact of COVID, and to be able to strip the team down and build it back up with players that he selected.  This plan involves pain and suffering for the immediate future, and an understanding that spending pennies on players like Van Roten instead of 2020 free agent big money on players like Jack Conklin may suck this year, but will allow us to stock up on good players next year when free agent prices necessarily come down because of the COVID salary cap drop.

I don't think tanking was part of the plan.  I think signing the Perrimans and Desirs of the world to 1-year contracts was done to make the team competitive this year, but injuries and an overestimated crappy head coach have reduced us from a potential 6-to-8 win team to a no-win laughingstock.

The time to hold Douglas accountable will be if part 2 to his plan - building the team back up with players he selected - fails.  This is where Idzik fell short. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

My first sentence - “No GM would have made us good” - Completely ignores it.

God forbid we judge him based on what he actually does on the job.

God forbid we go back to what we all were praising in the preseason him for, which was to sign low cost, hold the fort players and gearing up for next season with cap space and picks

Lets just list all the players we now dont like and complain.  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

God forbid we go back to what we all were praising in the preseason him for, which was to sign low cost, hold the fort players and gearing up for next season with cap space and picks

Lets just list all the players we now dont like and complain.  

I wasn’t praising him for this though. Quite the opposite.

Wanted Robby Anderson and Jack Conklin who are better value than the trash we have.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Wanted Robby Anderson and Jack Conklin who are better value than the trash we have.

And then what? Maybe the Jets are 1-4 instead of 0-5? Even if they had signed them, they weren't going to push the needle much, if at all. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

We weren't getting Conklin and he wasn't worth the cost, hardly a better value given he didn't play well a year ago.  

Still doesnt address the fact that hes following a plan, that few, other than you and a handful of others had a problem with at the time.  

Moaning that players are hurt and ignoring what's going on with injuries league wise doesnt hold a lot of water either at this point and shouldnt be unexpected

21 hours ago, GreekJet said:

wrong

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We weren't getting Conklin and he wasn't worth the cost, hardly a better value given he didn't play well a year ago.  

Still doesnt address the fact that hes following a plan, that few, other than you and a handful of others had a problem with at the time.  

Moaning that players are hurt and ignoring what's going on with injuries league wise doesnt hold a lot of water either at this point and shouldnt be unexpected

We couldn’t get him why? And no he’s been superb fot Cleveland. Part of the best run blocking line in the league, a year after doing the same for Tennessee. You’re high.

Following a plan that’s en route to 0-16. Impressive.

Perriman and Zuniga had a history of injuries. The red flags were there and more reliable alternatives available. Live with the signings you make and stop making excuses. He needs Mims to salvage his draft. If he doesn’t perform to a good level then it wont be soon forgotten that Chase Claypool was available with our original 2nd.

It has time to turn around. He has picks and cap room to get it right but he can only be judged on what he’s done so far. And as of now it’s been mostly atrocious.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

JD doesn't have the authority to fire Gase, correct?

Gase hired Joe Douglas.  It's Gase's team.  He's the "football man" that you've all be clamoring for.

If someone is going to take the fall for this it's Joe Douglas, not Adam Gase.  That said, it'll be Gregg Williams and Dowell Loggains who go.  We need two shiny new coordinators anyway.  One puts too much on our head coach's plate, the other has lost his Zoom conference.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

We couldn’t get him why? And no he’s been superb fot Cleveland. Part of the best run blocking line in the league, a year after doing the same for Tennessee. You’re high.

Following a plan that’s en route to 0-16. Impressive.

Perriman and Zuniga had a history of injuries. The red flags were there and more reliable alternatives available. Live with the signings you make and stop making excuses. He needs Mims to salvage his draft. If he doesn’t perform to a good level then it wont be soon forgotten that Chase Claypool was available with our original 2nd.

It has time to turn around. He has picks and cap room to get it right but he can only be judged on what he’s done so far. And as of now it’s been mostly atrocious.

He hasn't been here long enough to judge.  If you thought it was a one year rebuild thats on you.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

“What could he have done!!1!”

All three of these players went to new teams this season. They were available.

And, well, waiting for Mims to catch a pass, hopefully soon. 

5A903EB4-FB5F-4935-B6DF-96FEFFE6BEF3.jpeg

AC038682-5D57-4827-8953-3F12EE400507.jpeg

Diggs cost a 1st round pick.  Are you going to actually argue that Diggs would be better to have than Becton? 

I'm not sure what drunken bender led to O'Brien taking so little for Hopkins so quickly but he clearly wanted him out as quickly as possible and to send him to the NFC.  He didn't even shop him around.  

We've been through the Anderson nonsense innumerable times.  I'm happy for his success.  He deserved to go to a better situation.  With Darnold and Gase, he'd be putting up the same numbers here as he did the last several seasons and would not move the needle.  I'd rather have him than Perriman, or to have both, but it really wouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

• Upvote 1