Kristian Dyer on JetNation Radio last night

AFJF

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets thought he was healthy enough to start though. There's going to be more to this as the season goes on.

Then why didn't they start him? Are you saying that the decision to dress him in an emergency/backup role was a compromise because he told them he didn't want to play at all? 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Then why didn't they start him? Are you saying that the decision to dress him in an emergency/backup role was a compromise because he told them he didn't want to play at all? 

Yes more or less. That's my guess. I do not have a great feeling about this guy.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

almost all the gase-hate is projected anger at the bitter bitter disappointment of investing 4 high picks on a usc GWH

I've noticed you try to tie everything to Darnold. Sam's been disappointing and almost definitely won't be our QB next year, there's no way around that. But, he also didn't play last week - Did you like what you saw? 

This organization's issues run a lot deeper than Darnold not being good. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I'm not a big Gase guy (in fact hes terrible) but 360 pound linemen are supposed to play through shoulders

even if they are precious rookies

the fanbase has it in our head that 2020 is a waste year but we can't simulate to 2021  

Becton needs to play to get better and an NFL HC's job is to get him and the rest of the damned ready to play on Sunday 

I remember people made the same complaint when Bowles let Spencer Long snap with a broken thumb. This is what NFL HC's are trained to do, turn their eyes away and shove more meat into the grinder

if an offensive lineman says "Coach I can play" it's that coach's job to let him play. Period. that's life on the line 

the fact Becton is one of the team's only decent young players make it hurt a little more but this how the sausage is made 

If he needs to play to get better, he should have started the game.  Holding him out as an “emergency player” implies foresight that he shouldn’t have been playing. 

The fact that he only got four snaps of relief before needing to play is an indictment of his bad this team is.

Hate Gase as much as the next guy

but this isn’t on him

id blame Douglas first, why was he even dressed for the game? because Douglas has done such a bad job with the back end of the roster there was no one else.                                    

Back end of the roster management was the one thing Maccagnan was good at btw

The blame after Douglas then goes to the trainer, then the Oline coach, THEN Gase

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase stinks and will be fired and ALSO every team ever has played OL with sh*tty shoulders and also have difficulty managing actual star players and players who were stars but haven’t been stars in three years.

Your example is stupid.  Thomas is an a$$hole.  Cool.  Lots of assholes in the league.  Where is the part of the story that he's upset with Sean Payton and wants out?  Where is the trend of players dying to get away from Sean Payton?  Where is the trend of players leaving Payton and getting infinitely better? 

This is by far the most disgraceful attempt of all your pathetic Adam Gase defenses.   Shame on you. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Hate Gase as much as the next guy

but this isn’t on him

id blame Douglas first, why was he even dressed for the game? because Douglas has done such a bad job with the back end of the roster there was no one else.                                    

Back end of the roster management was the one thing Maccagnan was good at btw

The blame after Douglas then goes to the trainer, then the Oline coach, THEN Gase

100%.

Gase was coaching for his job. I can hate him for it but he has no reason to give a sh*t about Becton beyond what he can do for him. 

Douglas had to intervene. If he couldn't see it coming then it's pretty worrying because a lot of fans could. 

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

the opposite the emergency role was a compromise to Becton who wanted to play. He's learning his limits that's part of being a pro too. 

9 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

If he needs to play to get better, he should have started the game.  Holding him out as an “emergency player” implies foresight that he shouldn’t have been playing. 

The fact that he only got four snaps of relief before needing to play is an indictment of his bad this team is.

It's really easy to make NFL decisions in hindsight

again i'm not a Gase guy in fact the day he showed up to that PC looking like hes on all the powder in bolivia I knew we were in deep trouble

the culture still demands NFL olinemen take their shots and get in the game. Becton needed to be protected from himself perhaps but he's also the first round pick and to whom much is given much is expected

again, it's a shoulder and these are pain management issues for guys 

Trent Williams played with this kind of injury for like 2 years straight 

there's no point in the game play where becton actually needs his move his arm above his collar bone 

so, let me repeat, i'm not defending Gase but there are two sides to this one 

the fact that one of his guys wanted to play was probably a huge surprise with half the team begging out with soft tissue hammys 

offensive linemen are expected to play through everything and Becton tried 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the opposite the emergency role was a compromise to Becton who wanted to play. He's learning his limits that's part of being a pro too. 

It's really easy to make NFL decisions in hindsight

again i'm not a Gase guy in fact the day he showed up to that PC looking like hes on all the powder in bolivia I knew we were in deep trouble

the culture still demands NFL olinemen take their shots and get in the game. Becton needed to be protected from himself perhaps but he's also the first round pick and to whom much is given much is expected

again, it's a shoulder and these are pain management issues for guys 

Trent Williams played with this kind of injury for like 2 years straight 

there's no point in the game play where becton actually needs his move his arm above his collar bone 

so, let me repeat, i'm not defending Gase but there are two sides to this one 

offensive linemen are expected to play through everything 

if he is just hurt, not injured and the medical staff has indicated he can't do any more damage, then this seems to be a rookie learning that this is not college any more, and that sometimes you have to learn to play with pain. If this is the case, then a veteran in the Jets locker room needs to cozy up to him and let him know the expectations in the NFL. 

Wonder who the leader is on this line?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I'm not a big Gase guy (in fact hes terrible) but 360 pound linemen are supposed to play through shoulders

the fanbase has it in our head that 2020 is a waste year but we can't simulate to 2021  

Becton needs to play to get better and an NFL HC's job is to get him and the rest of the damned ready to play on Sunday 

I remember people made the same complaint when Bowles let Spencer Long snap with a broken thumb. This is what NFL HC's are trained to do, turn their eyes away and shove more meat into the grinder

if an offensive lineman says "Coach I can play" it's that coach's job to let him play. Period. that's life on the line 

the fact Becton is one of the team's only decent young players make it hurt a little more but this how the sausage is made 

Short-sighted and dumb.  You and Gase would make an excellent pair.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I've noticed you try to tie everything to Darnold. Sam's been disappointing and almost definitely won't be our QB next year, there's no way around that. But, he also didn't play last week - Did you like what you saw? 

This organization's issues run a lot deeper than Darnold not being good. 

amtalking about the BILE....

why wouldi watch the game? you havent been paying attention. i dont wacth jets whenits bad. exceptthese last 2 years looking for what everybody told me was the savior, except i just saw a young , struggling overdrafted qb.

yes.jets have alotta problems. butthe current spasm of hate and bile is definately b/c most of JN was envisioning years of playoffcaliber teams led by the GWH....   except? he isnt good.    are youo tellingme that 75% or more here werent claimimng he was a HOF lock?

they were. it was this fantasy that we had hit the lottery...     we had thegoose who lays the golden eggs. 

its all Johnsons/McCagnan fallout.....  Tru, Bell, Gase, Sam, CJ...  our sh*t roster.

its just popular to unload hate and bile on Gase. and i DGAF about Gase. he can **** off. 

but its the shattered fantasy that is behind the bile....

fwiw, i thik sam should go be a b/u somewhere for a couple years b4 tryna be an NFL starter

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

100%.

Gase was coaching for his job. I can hate him for it but he has no reason to give a sh*t about Becton beyond what he can do for him. 

Douglas had to intervene. If he couldn't see it coming then it's pretty worrying because a lot of fans could. 

I figure the leak about Hymie (or whatever his name is) having input on the decision regarding when Darnold can play again is a direct response to the criticism the organization received over the Becton issue. 

The whole thing is so, so Jetsy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

joe-namath-tackled2.jpg

You watching the AFL Championship Game?  Joe Namath just dislocated his finger.

How dare Weeb risk his future by putting him back in.  Eubank is going to get killed by the media for his handling of the biggest brightest spot on the roster.

SAR I

Yes, the championship game is the same as putting a player back out 3 days after suffering a shoulder muscle injury in week 3.

You let him miss 1 game, he should be back with 2 full weeks of rest and ready to go, instead of putting him back out 3 days later, so now he misses a month.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

The difference between Anderson on the Jets and Anderson on the Panthers is that Anderson has figured out that actually trying to catch the passes thrown to him is part of his job:

23DC44E6-7288-46AA-84CC-9AF8A49EE6CA.jpeg

Seems his performance correlates with how much you involve him in the offence - Shocker. When you peg a guy as a one trick pony and chuck low percentage bombs at him all day then this is exactly the sort of result you'd expect. Give him a variety of routes and voila - Superstar. But his previous stats demonstrated this anyway. 

Last 4 seasons:

2017 - 7.12 targets per game (Career year, would have had 1000 yards had QB stayed healthy)

2018 - 6.71 targets per game

2019 - 6.00 targets per game (Lowest since rookie year, worst production per game since rookie year. Figures.)

2020 - 9.20 targets per game 

So thanks for the stats. You've shown me that Gase is even worse than I thought and nearly destroyed this young man's life. I hope Le'Veon finds similar fortune in the wars to come.

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Seems his performance correlates with how much you involve him in the offence - Shocker. When you peg a guy as a one trick pony and chuck low percentage bombs at him all day then this is exactly the sort of result you'd expect. Give him a variety of routes and voila - Superstar. But his previous stats demonstrated this anyway. 

Last 4 seasons:

2017 - 7.12 targets per game (Career year, would have had 1000 yards had QB stayed healthy)

2019 - 6.00 targets per game (Lowest since rookie year, worst production per game since rookie year. Figures.)

So thanks for the stats. You've shown me that Gase is even worse than I thought and nearly destroyed this young man's life. I hope Le'Veon finds similar fortune in the wars to come.

Yeah, so, the more times you catch the ball when it’s thrown to you, the more likely you are to have the ball thrown to you. 

33 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

amtalking about the BILE....

why wouldi watch the game? you havent been paying attention. i dont wacth jets whenits bad. exceptthese last 2 years looking for what everybody told me was the savior, except i just saw a young , struggling overdrafted qb.

yes.jets have alotta problems. butthe current spasm of hate and bile is definately b/c most of JN was envisioning years of playoffcaliber teams led by the GWH....   except? he isnt good.    are youo tellingme that 75% or more here werent claimimng he was a HOF lock?

they were. it was this fantasy that we had hit the lottery...     we had thegoose who lays the golden eggs. 

its all Johnsons/McCagnan fallout.....  Tru, Bell, Gase, Sam, CJ...  our sh*t roster.

its just popular to unload hate and bile on Gase. and i DGAF about Gase. he can **** off. 

but its the shattered fantasy that is behind the bile....

fwiw, i thik sam should go be a b/u somewhere for a couple years b4 tryna be an NFL starter

I hear you, but the "savior" thing is almost always overblown and dangerous to buy into. The Jets have been a bad organization for a long, long time now. This team is a perennial loser. Players have routinely left and played better elsewhere, etc. 

One player isn't turning this mess around. Competent drafting and FA spending is. A guy like Trevor Lawrence will be one key part of that, but only one part. 

As for why Gase gets piled on, he gets piled on because the team is noncompetitive under his leadership. It gets blown out on a weekly basis. Lack of competitiveness is always a direct reflection of the head coach. You can lose in the NFL, but there is too much parity to get destroyed every week.

Football teams adopt the mentality of their head coach. Have you noticed that this team has zero big comeback wins under Gase in 21 games? I wonder if that is because Gase is a guy who is runs into the line of scrimmage on 2nd and 26 down by multiple scores in the second half (Arizona game)? Or a guy who kicks field goals down 24-3 (SF game)? This team seems to have no competitive spirit and no toughness. The players are going through the motions, much like their head coach. 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The decision was either play through an injury which is defensible. Or shut him down and get surgery. Of course, Gase f___ed that up. 

20 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Last 4 seasons:

To be fair Sam under threw a lot of deep ball shots he was open.  But Gase did have him trying to run screens so yeah 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If anyone is following the Michael Thomas/Saints story, Thomas—the unquestioned best WR in football—has been injured all year, then came back to practice and sucker-punched one of his teammates, got suspended for a game by the team and now the team is leaking rumors that Thomas is so out of control that they’re considering trading him. Gosh, Sean Payton must be a terrible coach. 

Trade them Sam for Thomas. Get er done. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

joe-namath-tackled2.jpg

You watching the AFL Championship Game?  Joe Namath just dislocated his finger.

How dare Weeb risk his future by putting him back in.  Eubank is going to get killed by the media for his handling of the biggest brightest spot on the roster.

SAR I

Lol cmon. You gotta do better than that. We expect more out of you.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If anyone is following the Michael Thomas/Saints story, Thomas—the unquestioned best WR in football—has been injured all year, then came back to practice and sucker-punched one of his teammates, got suspended for a game by the team and now the team is leaking rumors that Thomas is so out of control that they’re considering trading him. Gosh, Sean Payton must be a terrible coach. 

Who Cares Episode 8 GIF by ABC Network