Kristian Dyer on JetNation Radio last night

AFJF

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

A 360lb lineman grabbing on his shoulder while the cameras were on him was a tad cringey. This is the NFL buddy. He had maturity flags coming in too. Just my gut here. 

I just did the offensive line article for week 6

ya know how many dudes are playing through shoulders? 

like all of em

Taylor Lewan is the most high profile he's on the injury report every week with a shoulder and every week he goes out there

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

By the time you get to “good teams have problems too, so actually the Jets’ problems aren’t that big a deal,” the war is long over. You sound like Jet Nut.

Its about time you reject that fools promulgations.

Gase and Tom Shane suck!

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I just did the offensive line article for week 6

ya know how many dudes are playing through shoulders? 

like all of em

Taylor Lewan is the most high profile he's on the injury report every week with a shoulder and every week he goes out there

Wirfs was the cleaner prospect *shrugs*

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The difference between Anderson on the Jets and Anderson on the Panthers is that Anderson has figured out that actually trying to catch the passes thrown to him is part of his job:

23DC44E6-7288-46AA-84CC-9AF8A49EE6CA.jpeg

nope. just isn'yt playing with a crap QB, andis beingused underneath more.

crowder got 85% ofthe underneath stuff, and Sam's deep ball is poor.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'm not a big Gase guy (in fact hes terrible) but 360 pound linemen are supposed to play through shoulders

even if they are precious rookies

the fanbase has it in our head that 2020 is a waste year but we can't simulate to 2021  

Becton needs to play to get better and an NFL HC's job is to get him and the rest of the damned ready to play on Sunday 

I remember people made the same complaint when Bowles let Spencer Long snap with a broken thumb. This is what NFL HC's are trained to do, turn their eyes away and shove more meat into the grinder

if an offensive lineman says "Coach I can play" it's that coach's job to let him play. Period. that's life on the line 

the fact Becton is one of the team's only decent young players make it hurt a little more but this how the sausage is made 

You are right. Heck, Philip Rivers for all of us who remember the AFC Championship game played with a torn ACL the whole game and that issue with his knee was torn going into the game. Now please nobody tell me he could not have made it worse by playing since you could cause nerve damage if you worsen it resulting in a career threatening injury as opposed to a season ending injury. Hopefully Becton heals fine and we get him back soon. He'll then get the bulk of this season to continue to progress and at the very least for this season we can say we have our LT of the future for whoever plays QB and the rest of the Oline is getting better so maybe the overall Oline is moving forwarded as needed. We also know we have solid to very solid P/K so those positions are taken care of and the slot WR is great too. Other than that and maybe a few defenders like QW, Williamson, and Maye, all other positions can clearly be upgraded forcing the current starter into rotation/backup roles. JD has his work cut out for him as even the 17 picks we have many in rounds 1-3 over the next 2 years, it won't be enough to fill all the needs we have unless we start hitting on some real good FA signings that we have had low percentage success thus far even with JD.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

On the flip side, Chuma Edoga has looked pretty decent, I wonder if there is any thought behind transitioning him to RT for next year regardless, solid depth guy to have on the o-line getting some snaps.

Fant has played too well to do that and frankly his contract going forward isnt bad.  Its far smarter to go into 2021 with Fant and Becton (we have $80 million in cap space, cutting Fant isnt necessary) and keeping Edoga as a very inexpensive swing tackle for the next 2 years.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Fant has played too well to do that and frankly his contract going forward isnt bad.  Its far smarter to go into 2021 with Fant and Becton (we have $80 million in cap space, cutting Fant isnt necessary) and keeping Edoga as a very inexpensive swing tackle for the next 2 years.

good point, didn't realize his contract was so affordable tbh

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

winters played a hwoleyear with one arm and sucked and JN defended his toughness...  not a peep about bowles

our man mtn tough guy isnt actaully tough or...what is it?

Winters was a veteran who at least had some experience with playing with pain at the NFL level when he made his decision and Bowles went along with it. 

Becton is still an NFL baby and is a much more valuable asset than Winters ever was.  If Dyer's report is true and Becton actually did further damage to his shoulder by playing, then shame on the Jets for risking their franchise LT for a relatively unimportant game with McDermott available on the bench.  I don't care if Becton was begging to play.  He's a rookie and the Jets staff were supposed to be the adults in the room.  If Becton learned anything out of this, it may have been to not ever play with pain because he can't trust the team to protect him from causing himself more harm.

38 minutes ago, MykePM said:

Winters was a veteran who at least had some experience with playing with pain at the NFL level when he made his decision and Bowles went along with it. 

Becton is still an NFL baby and is a much more valuable asset than Winters ever was.  If Dyer's report is true and Becton actually did further damage to his shoulder by playing, then shame on the Jets for risking their franchise LT for a relatively unimportant game with McDermott available on the bench.  I don't care if Becton was begging to play.  He's a rookie and the Jets staff were supposed to be the adults in the room.  If Becton learned anything out of this, it may have been to not ever play with pain because he can't trust the team to protect him from causing himself more harm.

the infantilization thing AGAIN?

ignorelistpage 7.... next

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If anyone is following the Michael Thomas/Saints story, Thomas—the unquestioned best WR in football—has been injured all year, then came back to practice and sucker-punched one of his teammates, got suspended for a game by the team and now the team is leaking rumors that Thomas is so out of control that they’re considering trading him. Gosh, Sean Payton must be a terrible coach. 

Yes, Adam Gase deserves the benefit of the doubt on an equal level as Sean Payton.