Mark Sanchez Can Sing!

Jet Blast

Just now, bitonti said:

of course he can sing 

he's a triple threat 

singing, dancing and buttfumbling 

mooresfault.jpg

That was not Mark Sanchez' fault.  Brandon Moore got destroyed by Vince Wilfork on that play so badly it may be the biggest single lineplay blow up in league history.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

His formative years were wasted by a short-sighted coach and front office. By the time he left, he was cooked. 

The same one that surrounded him with the game's best offensive line and defense his first 2 years?

If he was so weak-minded that he couldn't so much as hold down a QB2 job at any of his 4 subsequent destinations because of what the mean old Jets did to his poor psyche, then he didn't belong in the league in the first place.  And by the time he was just 28, that's exactly where he ended up.  

FFS he had the Denver job handed to him on a silver platter and he STILL found a way to lose it to 7th round pick and 2nd-year QB Trevor Siemian.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The same one that surrounded him with the game's best offensive line and defense his first 2 years?

If he was so weak-minded that he couldn't so much as hold down a QB2 job at any of his 4 subsequent destinations because of what the mean old Jets did to his poor psyche, then he didn't belong in the league in the first place.  And by the time he was just 28, that's exactly where he ended up.  

FFS he had the Denver job handed to him on a silver platter and he STILL found a way to lose it to 7th round pick and 2nd-year QB Trevor Siemian.

Can’t wait to argue for the next ten years whether Darnold could’ve been good if jets gave him more weofiinz 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Can’t wait to argue for the next ten years whether Darnold could’ve been good if jets gave him more weofiinz 

It's absolutely true that the Jets don't do their young QB's any favors.

It's simultaneously true that the QB's were also never any good to begin with. 

I mean, this IS the Jets we're talking about.  Their front offices have been notoriously bad at talent evaluation and at drafting.  Why is it such a shock when the QB's they pick end up sucking, and also suck elsewhere?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, this IS the Jets we're talking about.  Their front offices have been notoriously bad at talent evaluation and at drafting.  Why is it such a shock when the QB's they pick end up sucking?

Agree but Sanchez got the royal treatment here. High priced FA WRs, league-best running game and elite D. That’s mother’s womb for QB development 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

mooresfault.jpg

That was not Mark Sanchez' fault.  Brandon Moore got destroyed by Vince Wilfork on that play so badly it may be the biggest single lineplay blow up in league history.

SAR I

Yeah, when your OL is getting destroyed by a DT, you run into his ass. We see it happen all the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

Mark had so much potential. Could have been a much better player, like Tony Romo - had he played somewhere else. 

Haha, more than likely true. I've said this before, but in some ways the Jets really tooled Sanchez. That isn't excusing his ineptitude, more of an explanation. He just didn't have enough football smarts to transcend and overcome. I still have faith that The Boot can do so . . . although lately that has also graduated to if he ditto played somewhere else. The Jets are just terrible, but it's never been more screamingly obvious that the fish rots from the head down. 

I don't harbor any ill will towards Sanchez. I never did. It's just that Jets fans are always left to grapple with if things fell this way or if things fell that way or this way, that way, the other way, we would have had at least a SB APPEARANCE. I WOULD HAVE TAKEN AN APPEARANCE, BECAUSE THERE'S ALWAYS THAT SLIM CHANCE IT BOUNCES YOUR WAY. Alright, I have severe agita now. It's not even Sunday yet and I gave myself a different reason for the chunks to begin their ascent.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pick one or the other. You can't have it both ways. 

Sanchez and darnold weren't bad QBs at the college level.