ya the jets stink, but...

14 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

I think whats worse is all the idiot jet fans. Made this forum unbearable at times. There a lot of smart guys on here I enjoy, good insights,. And then there are the idiots, the ones that after ANY QB completes a 5 yard curl route post threads like big_dirty_jake > Darnold. The end. The ones saying "trade Darnold now",. What? Without the top pick as insurance? Its interesting to see the logical fans trying to explain these things to brick wall fans. What is the point? Fans should be treated like players, say or do dumb sh*t and you're out. Cut., Done.  Lets see what happens when another QB comes in and runs for his life for 2 years. Im high on Darnold, but I also know that he's been put in an impossible situation to succeed. Love the hot takes of "oh Darnold cant complete this or that". Its called 2+ years of running for your life with a garbage OL and schemes that dont take into account the limited time that OL actually gives Darnold to throw the ball. Ive seen it. Every painful play. To think he's not somewhat damaged at this point is unfair. Does that mean he cant turn it around,? I think he can. Ive seen a ton of glimpses, but whether he does or not will depend on a competent coaching staff that puts players in positions to succeed, and a GM that gets ones that actually can succeed. He simply hasn't had that (I like JD, but to have this OL this year is unacceptable after you knew what it was last year). Drafting another QB now will only repeat this cycle (which a lot of you get). There a lot wrong with this team, but theres even more wrong with a lot of this fan base. 

Fun Fact: Many of us that have been fans for a long time know theres no way in hell the jets get the top pick, thats just how it'll go. Only reasons I have for that is 30+ years of being a fan. You all can circle jerk over TL, but the fact is we wont be in position to get him (and he's the ONLY one I would consider dumping Darnold for). So all of this back and forth is so moot and funny.

i can't stand the types who fall back on knocking the fans. 

Fans are POWERLESS. we're spectators, we have zero power or influence over anything. I watch the chaos and comment on it, from a safe distance. I'm allowed to be irrational and unreasonable, i'm allowed to celebrate when the team wins and whine when the team loses. Fans are...FANS. 

Knocking the fan base serves no purpose, its pointless. Go fire your bullets at the owners, the coaches, and players...they're the ones deserving of any criticism or praise. 

• Post of the Week 3

I really love the Darnold hater who has a big image of Tannehill as "Comeback Player of the Year" in his signature. Darnold is much better than Tannehill ever was under Gase, yet Tannehill is a "super star" now but Darnold is hopeless. The irony of that guy is incredible.

I am as disappointed with Darnold as anyone, but I would hate to give up on him without ever seeing him under a real coach. My greatest fear is we give up on him and trade him for nothing, and under a real coach with real talent he becomes a top FQB.

I've only watched one Clemson game (last weekend), not being a college football fan, and I was not impressed with Trevor. Every completion was either at the receiver's knees, over his head, or behind him. Any many passes weren't even close. Not one pass hit the receiver in stride. Granted, one game is a small sample, but if that wasn't a bad game for him, trade the pick if we get it (which we won't; we will win at least a couple of games this year, and the Giants will get the pick).

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

I think whats worse is all the idiot jet fans. Made this forum unbearable at times. There a lot of smart guys on here I enjoy, good insights,. And then there are the idiots, the ones that after ANY QB completes a 5 yard curl route post threads like big_dirty_jake > Darnold. The end. The ones saying "trade Darnold now",. What? Without the top pick as insurance? Its interesting to see the logical fans trying to explain these things to brick wall fans. What is the point? Fans should be treated like players, say or do dumb sh*t and you're out. Cut., Done.  Lets see what happens when another QB comes in and runs for his life for 2 years. Im high on Darnold, but I also know that he's been put in an impossible situation to succeed. Love the hot takes of "oh Darnold cant complete this or that". Its called 2+ years of running for your life with a garbage OL and schemes that dont take into account the limited time that OL actually gives Darnold to throw the ball. Ive seen it. Every painful play. To think he's not somewhat damaged at this point is unfair. Does that mean he cant turn it around,? I think he can. Ive seen a ton of glimpses, but whether he does or not will depend on a competent coaching staff that puts players in positions to succeed, and a GM that gets ones that actually can succeed. He simply hasn't had that (I like JD, but to have this OL this year is unacceptable after you knew what it was last year). Drafting another QB now will only repeat this cycle (which a lot of you get). There a lot wrong with this team, but theres even more wrong with a lot of this fan base. 

Fun Fact: Many of us that have been fans for a long time know theres no way in hell the jets get the top pick, thats just how it'll go. Only reasons I have for that is 30+ years of being a fan. You all can circle jerk over TL, but the fact is we wont be in position to get him (and he's the ONLY one I would consider dumping Darnold for). So all of this back and forth is so moot and funny.

+1.

10 years of losing, with no end in sight, is tolerable.  What really gets me is that fans are angry about it, and they share that anger on the world wide web.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, viffer said:

I really love the Darnold hater who has a big image of Tannehill as "Comeback Player of the Year" in his signature. Darnold is much better than Tannehill ever was under Gase, yet Tannehill is a "super star" now but Darnold is hopeless. The irony of that guy is incredible.

I am as disappointed with Darnold as anyone, but I would hate to give up on him without ever seeing him under a real coach. My greatest fear is we give up on him and trade him for nothing, and under a real coach with real talent he becomes a top FQB.

I've only watched one Clemson game (last weekend), not being a college football fan, and I was not impressed with Trevor. Every completion was either at the receiver's knees, over his head, or behind him. Any many passes weren't even close. Not one pass hit the receiver in stride. Granted, one game is a small sample, but if that wasn't a bad game for him, trade the pick if we get it (which we won't; we will win at least a couple of games this year, and the Giants will get the pick).

Fans are faced with Sam Darnold or Trevor Lawrence. 

Many including myself were hoping Darnold was the answer so far not so much. 

If you have to retain Darnold and Lawrence is off the board you damn better make sure the NY Jets pick JaMaar Chase and give Darnold some weapons. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, viffer said:

I really love the Darnold hater who has a big image of Tannehill as "Comeback Player of the Year" in his signature.

You've made it, @jgb.  You're somebody.

Darnold is much better than Tannehill ever was under Gase, yet Tannehill is a "super star" now but Darnold is hopeless.

This is verifiably false.

31 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

Fun fact: Once you break 40 posts here you can submit names of people you want banned. 

You are close, hang in there and make it happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

sam darnold excuses and the fans are bad...     what a maroon!

giphy.gif

ignorelist page 6

49 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

Fun Fact: Many of us that have been fans for a long time know theres no way in hell the jets get the top pick, thats just how it'll go. Only reasons I have for that is 30+ years of being a fan. You all can circle jerk over TL, but the fact is we wont be in position to get him.

Unfortunately, this is correct.

I'm almost certainly he's going to be a Giant.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m with you.

Keep Sam unless we can get Trevor.

You know what would even be better? Fire Gase now, make Frank Bush HC, GW stays as DC (his hands are full with the D), make Cooter OC, and hire a QB coach. Tell Cooter, his one an only job is to allow us to figure out if Sam has a future.

And, you know what? If Sam's play significantly improves, we might be sitting at the draft with a top 3 pick and tons of options, rather than being in a "must have Lawrence" position. Frankly, of all of the options, having Sam work out and having the draft capital to spend on the team around him rather than another QB is the best of all possible worlds. For all of the Trevor Lawrence worship, the fact is that no one will know how good he will be until he plays. And take a look at the SB contenders. You don't have to have the best QB to win. You need a top 10 (sometimes 15) QB and a very good team around him. The QB position is not the savior everyone thinks it is. Yes, you need a very good QB to win consistently, but you don't need a great one, what you need is a great team that makes the QB seem great -- just ask Terry Bradshaw. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Fun fact: Once you break 40 posts here you can submit names of people you want banned. 

You are close, hang in there and make it happen.

1. T0mShane
  2. T0mShane
  3. T0mShane
  4. T0mShane
  5. T0mShane
  6. T0mShane
  7. T0mShane
  8. T0mShane
  9. T0mShane
  10. T0mShane
  11. T0mShane
  12. T0mShane
  13. T0mShane
  14. T0mShane
  15. T0mShane
  16. T0mShane
  17. TomShane
  18. Pac
  19. SAR I
  20. Jetsfan80
  • Haha 1

There are some insufferable posters and a lot of insufferable posts as the state of the team deteriorates. That's just what happens in large social circles like this. Posters have no control over the state of the team but if you find posters you don't enjoy you do have control over seeing their content. Block people freely. You don't owe anybody on here your time.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Engineer said:

Are you saying maybe it's the fans fault the Jets suck and Sam Darnold is a bust?