Bill Barnwell Proposed Darnold trade at deadline

GreekJet

so this would have cost the Jets a 2nd rd pick to have drafted Darnold to send to the Colts?

BB is anti jet, but so is the world right now, I get it, but unless Lawrence is declared and you have the #1 pick in hand and assurances he will come here.. then you do not trade Sam, silly crap article as usual...

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets are only replacing Darnold with Trevor  Lawrence ... I repeat - The Jets are only replacing Darnold with Trevor  Lawrence

You can repeat it all you want, it doesn't make it an absolutely true statement.  They could easily be sitting at pick 2 or 3 and fall in love with Fields or Lance. 

6 months is an eternity when it comes to prospect evaluation, and Big 10 play hasn't even started yet.

In any scenario we know this franchise needs a new QB.  Whatever you think Darnold's ceiling is, he can't even stay healthy.  It's time to move on.  So trading Darnold for the right price makes sense at any time Douglas chooses to do so.  If he thinks his value is higher now than it will be in the offseason, he should look to make the move.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

If we send him to the Colts we would close out the McGannann trade by having sent three number 2’s and Sam Darnold to the Colts for Sam Darnold.

this alone is why we won't trade him to indy.  can you imagine it - they picked up Nelson, Darnold and 2 other 2nd rounders.  lol.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Darnold to Colts for 2021 2nd round and 2022 conditional third. 

Why would the Jets trade Darnold before securing a top 3 draft pick Bill? 

I sure hope not. I don't want to root for Indy. Preferably trade him to an Idaho, Utah or Wyoming please. 

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Darnold to Colts for 2021 2nd round and 2022 conditional third. 

Why would the Jets trade Darnold before securing a top 3 draft pick Bill? 

You start way too many threads and, as you noted in your OP here, this one is completely pointless. 

• Upvote 2