Teams calling about Quinnen?

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If you can get a 1 for him you do it without blinking an eye.  

Jets need OFFENSE.  Trade him and take the best offensive player you can get.  Would be insane not to trade him.

I'll take the #25 pick and draft a guard and be better off than having a good run stopping DT.

Has he been good at stopping the run? 

• Haha 1

The Jets would add about $11 million to the salary cap this year if they trade him but would clear about $9 million from next year's cap. Any team that trades for him would have him on a 2 yr deal worth $1.8 million with no guaranteed money.  They would also have another season to determine his 5th year option. It would be a good pickup for a playoff team who doesn't have a lot of cap space.  Think Saints, Steelers, Rams, Chiefs and Raiders. They're so over the cap next year and will need cheap options going forward to get under the cap. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Jets would add about $11 million to the salary cap this year if they trade him but would clear about $9 million from next year's cap. Any team that trades for him would have him on a 2 yr deal worth $1.8 million with no guaranteed money.  They would also have another season to determine his 5th year option. It would be a good pickup for a playoff team who doesn't have a lot of cap space.  Think Saints, Steelers, Rams, Chiefs and Raiders. They're so over the cap next year and will need cheap options going forward to get under the cap. 

Saints & Raiders need to stop the run. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not really this year, the jets are 22nd vs the run

Such a dumb pick! Other teams had to be shaking their heads at Maccs picks! 
I could see teams behind them in 2019 thinking QWs all ours, Jets need a pass rusher badly, their pick will pick Josh Adams. 
With the 3rd pick in the 2019 draft, the NY Jets select..  Quinnen Williams DT Alabama

Teams picking after the Jets.... WTF? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets need OFFENSE.  Trade him and take the best offensive player you can get.  Would be insane not to trade him.

I'll take the #25 pick and draft a guard and be better off than having a good run stopping DT.

Dont look now but the defense needs help too

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know of you noticed but we are bleeding on defense or do you like seeing other teams like Denver score over 30 with a third string QB. 

Just now, DLJ said:

We trade him away what kind of nucleus are we building around? You can’t trade everyone

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, but a DT who doesn't really rush the passer with any consistency isn't exactly a crucial piece to build around.  

Becton, Mims, and the picks we've accumulated:  That is the "core" of the team at this point.  Anyone drafted 2019 or prior and every FA acquisition ought to be fair game.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, but a DT who doesn't really rush the passer with any consistency isn't exactly a crucial piece to build around.  

Becton, Mims, and the picks we've accumulated:  That is the "core" of the team at this point.  Anyone drafted 2019 or prior and every FA acquisition ought to be fair game.

Becton for sure... Mims.  I sure as hell hope so, but we gotta see the man on the field...

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't know of you noticed but we are bleeding on defense or do you like seeing other teams like Denver score over 30 with a third string QB. 

I don't care.  You don't need to play defense to win anymore in the NFL.  Multiple teams have proven that for the past five years.

Scheme defense as best you can and put up 40 points a week.  

sure, take defense in the 3rd to 5th round all you want - but 1st and 2nd round picks have to go to offense.  big FA money, has to go to offense.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1