Teams calling about Quinnen?

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

why not fire sale lets just start over..

We do that every 3 years so I guess it’s about that time.

I will say one thing in defense of JD....he didn’t pick any of these players. He didn’t pick Leo and fleeced the Giants. He didn’t want to pay an in the box safety $17m a year and got multiples first rounders. He didn’t pick Q and if he can get a haul for him- go for it bro. 

Macc sucks, Macc sucks! But don’t get rid of Macc players!

• Upvote 1

If you can get a 1 for him you do it without blinking an eye.  
Jets need OFFENSE.  Trade him and take the best offensive player you can get.  Would be insane not to trade him.
I'll take the #25 pick and draft a guard and be better off than having a good run stopping DT.

They need defense too...the lowest scoring opponent we had this year was 27 points. That puts alot of strain on an offense especially one led by a young qb.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, DLJ said:

We trade him away what kind of nucleus are we building around? You can’t trade everyone

The distraction feels good in the moment, I guess? Weird to trade our best players while keeping Gase and Greg Williams. We keep talking about picks but it seems Douglas is no more a pick guru than Gase is a QB whisperer. No matter how much deck chair shuffling on the Titanic we do, as long as Johnson & Johnson are in control, we have problems.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

They need defense too...the lowest scoring opponent we had this year was 27 points. That puts alot of strain on an offense especially one led by a young qb.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Nope.

Defense isn’t nearly as important in today’s NFL as it used to be.  You can absolutely win with offense only.  let’s build a top 5 offense and worry about defense after that.

17 minutes ago, The Gooch said:

They need just as much help on defense too,so why do that?

High picks on offense.  Midround picks on defense unless maybe you're targeting an elite EDGE or CB prospect.

If we trade Quinnen for a 1, we'll have three 1st round picks next draft.  Plenty of opportunities to take offense AND defense then.

• Upvote 1

Seems like this team is bent on finding new depths to the term "rebuild".

We've been in a "full" rebuild since 2014.  Neglecting the outlier season with Fitz & Friends, we've going deeper and deeper on our peyote trip in the rebuild tent.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, but a DT who doesn't really rush the passer with any consistency isn't exactly a crucial piece to build around.  

Becton, Mims, and the picks we've accumulated:  That is the "core" of the team at this point.  Anyone drafted 2019 or prior and every FA acquisition ought to be fair game.

Yes, this seems to be the case.  Anyone prior to 2019 should probably contact their real estate agent.  Especially anyone that has shown any hint of insubordination.  Gase and Douglas are not playing around.  Whether these two know what they're doing is yet to be determined.  

1 minute ago, NamathToCaster said:

Yes, this seems to be the case.  Anyone prior to 2019 should probably contact their real estate agent.  Especially anyone that has shown any hint of insubordination.  Gase and Douglas are not playing around.  Whether these two know what they're doing is yet to be determined.  

It’s abundantly clear Gase doesn’t know what he’s doing.

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Team X:  "Hey Joe, yeah, we're just inquiring about Quinnen Williams.  You got some time to talk?"

Joe D.: "Sure, what do you want to know?"

Team X: "Well, just how many milkshakes does he REALLY drink a day?"

LOL He used to frequent the Chipotle up the road from my house. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

If they did trade Quinnen, this is basically an official tank. 
not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Called it... I told you he is next... No video game players on the team... He wants people that live to play football... QW has to continue to improve... But the writing is on the wall. 

But he would get a big haul in return not like these armchair qbs are calling it would be 1st rounder plus something

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Nope.

Defense isn’t nearly as important in today’s NFL as it used to be.  You can absolutely win with offense only.  let’s build a top 5 offense and worry about defense after that.

The only guys on D who really make a difference are pashrushers and quick LBrs. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This fanbase is not patient enough to build through the draft. Look at the meltdown people are having about trading Jamal,  not signing big ticket FA's and now losing. 

Macc left the Jets roster barren.  The quickest way to replenish is to take your few assets, trade them off and multiply them. The Jets are constantly restarting every 3 years bc the organization has not taken a long term approach to the draft and FA. I'm hopeful that's what JD is doing right now.  And it seems like he's doing it correctly bc people haven't stopped bitching about it. Jets fans talk about building through the draft and their willingness to do so but the fact of the matter is most are not willing. We can start keeping good players when there is an actual core to this team.  Otherwise you're paying good players a lot of money to lose 10 games a year. This is going to take a couple of years to build a sustainable winner and the key to that is finding a consistent QB.

The fan base is plenty patient...

They’re not restarting out of impatience they’re restarting because they keep missing on their draft picks.  

In order to build through the draft you have to draft good players.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The fan base is plenty patient...

They’re not restarting out of impatience they’re restarting because they keep missing on their draft picks.  

In order to build through the draft you have to draft good players.

The fan base is impatient

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't care.  You don't need to play defense to win anymore in the NFL.  Multiple teams have proven that for the past five years.

Scheme defense as best you can and put up 40 points a week.  

sure, take defense in the 3rd to 5th round all you want - but 1st and 2nd round picks have to go to offense.  big FA money, has to go to offense.

Sounds like something @Defense Wins Championships would say. 

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Sounds like something @Defense Wins Championships would say. 

Aren’t you guys sick I trying to build a defense and a serviceable offense?

Wouldn’t it be fun to have an explosive offense for once, for the team to try and win with offense.  

I would rather lose 45-40 than 17-10.  

The league wants points, DB’s are able to cover less and less, only way to slow an offense down in through a pass rush, wanna take a shot on an edge guy, so be it, but other than that it would be all offense and role players on D.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Aren’t you guys sick I trying to build a defense and a serviceable offense?

Wouldn’t it be fun to have an explosive offense for once, for the team to try and win with offense.  

I would rather lose 45-40 than 17-10.  

The league wants points, DB’s are able to cover less and less, only way to slow an offense down in through a pass rush, wanna take a shot on an edge guy, so be it, but other than that it would be all offense and role players on D.

I'm not arguing with you.