Teams calling about Quinnen?

32 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This fanbase is not patient enough to build through the draft. Look at the meltdown people are having about trading Jamal,  not signing big ticket FA's and now losing. 

Macc left the Jets roster barren.  The quickest way to replenish is to take your few assets, trade them off and multiply them. The Jets are constantly restarting every 3 years bc the organization has not taken a long term approach to the draft and FA. I'm hopeful that's what JD is doing right now.  And it seems like he's doing it correctly bc people haven't stopped bitching about it. Jets fans talk about building through the draft and their willingness to do so but the fact of the matter is most are not willing. We can start keeping good players when there is an actual core to this team.  Otherwise you're paying good players a lot of money to lose 10 games a year. This is going to take a couple of years to build a sustainable winner and the key to that is finding a consistent QB.

I get what you're saying. Early signs on Joe Douglas being our Jets version of John Lynch of whomever a good  GM is, rebuilding this team is not good. That said he probably needs a minimum of two more years before we decide if we need a restart or not.

"We can start keeping good players when there is an actual core to this team. "

At what point do you flip the switch and say "we have a core" When all the hamstrings have recovered? When we have hit gold on five draft picks? When will that happen?

We're bum rushed a half talented deviant out the door because he wanted to nut somebody's wife in the eye. Replacing him with a chronically injured underachiever who probably is a much, much nicer person that Robbie The Nut Anderson.

The major problem that I see  is the Jets have lost their reputation mojo, only free agents looking to cash in come here. Even Smirk Cousins was smart enough to turn down 30 million a year from the Jets. We've got to grow a few players, and rebuild our reputation up from the laughing stock that it is now.

I get it Jet fans arguing these points are like two bald men fighting over a comb. It's a futile endlessly arguable poopfest.

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Mid to high 1st or GTFO.

He’s actually showing something on a terrible team. We should be looking to keep. He’s literally one of the two promising talents we have.

Outside of 1 game what has he shown? I'd love to know.  In his last 3 games he has a combined 9 tackles with 0 QB Hits

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Come on JD keep the ball rolling. 

LETS DO THIS REBUILD RIGHT. 

Not even sure what "right" is anymore. Lawrence step one. But good chance he gives us the bird or we get him and surround him with utter garbage.

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Outside of 1 game what has he shown? I'd love to know.  In his last 3 fans he has a combined 9 tackles with 0 QB Hits

He was excellent against Denver, stupid penalties aside.

He’s improved a lot since last year. I was sh*tting on him as much as anyone but the improvement is there. You don’t give up on him now for a second round pick ffs.

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He’s improved a lot since last year. I was sh*tting on him as much as anyone but the improvement is there. You don’t give up on him now for a second round pick ffs.

He showed improvement in 1 game and been awful the other 4.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Not too many in the thread are saying we should settle for a 2nd round pick, if any.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

That’s a first world problem right there.  

Quite a bit different than having no one to extend. 

If we draft well enough that we have too many good players, I think I can live with that!

I was being somewhat silly -- i think this team would welcome the problem of having to pick which players to extend... to an extent though. 8-10 picks is about where you top out

3 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

“Kinnen???...qwinnnen??...I don’t know how to pronounce his name but all I know is between him and Millnahh the Jets have found the only 2 guys from Alabama who can’t play football”...

J. Benigno

HAHA Joe B might be the worst radio hack in NY but he's not wrong on this.

22 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Most players take time to develop. Not everyone steps in and plays like a Bosa. I’m not a scout but Q looks much better than last year. And this is a guy who didn’t have a camp this year due to COVID. 

I am the GM of a team that thinks he can go far this year.

My team is likely to have a low first round pick.  

I only have a little bit of cap room.

The good teams are running well, and I need more DTs.

QW picked at the bottom of the first round is not a terrible pick.  But in a trade with the Jets, he is super cheap, since the Jets already paid his signing bonus. 

So spending a second or first round pick for him, and having him affordably help a playoff run, is not a terrible idea.

In a way the Jets would be selling their balance sheet, which is ok. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

The Jets would add about $11 million to the salary cap this year if they trade him but would clear about $9 million from next year's cap. Any team that trades for him would have him on a 2 yr deal worth $1.8 million with no guaranteed money.  They would also have another season to determine his 5th year option. It would be a good pickup for a playoff team who doesn't have a lot of cap space.  Think Saints, Steelers, Rams, Chiefs and Raiders. They're so over the cap next year and will need cheap options going forward to get under the cap. 

Unless  Morgan has looked like Mahomes in practice there is like literally 0% chance the Jets trade Darnold.

I'm of the opinion that you hang onto good young players on rookie contracts until you have to make a decision on them. I would like to see Williams finish this season because I think he has a chance to become one of these aforementioned good young players and someone we would consider resigning one day. He's 22 years old and seems to have a lot of physical ability. 

• Post of the Week 1