Teams calling about Quinnen?

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I doubt if it would be the raiders, they took the clelln ferrel early and maxx crossby has been a revelation.

i look at a team like Arizona.  up and comer team.

Both C Ferrell and Max Crosby are the starting De’s. ( 275 pounds)  C Ferrell slides inside to Dt On the passing downs( try to get their best pass rushers on the field) .   De C Nassib broke his big toe and out probably a couple of weeks. ( IR) Raiders probably sign De David Irving ( ex cowboy De just reinstated) to go with Arden Key ( look okay at De) .       
Raiders are need of Dt .Dt   Maliek Collins they gave some big money to be the guy but he has done nothing .( might be playing hurt)  Time to start M Hurst at Ut Until Collins gets healthy.Jonathan Hankins starts at other Dt position.

Here What Raiders need to do to improve porous defense 1. Forget off coverage let their Cb play man to man Trayvon Mullen ( right now graded as the  top press cb) and D Arnette ( out couple more weeks after thumb surgery- at best in man coverage .  Both struggle in off coverage.   2. Sit down Fs Eric Harris- no business starting for anyone .( either put Lamarcus Joyner or Jeff Heath at Fs. 3. StartM Hurst at Ut as he is the only Dt providing consistent pressure.    
What changed the Kc game - when they put A Key in the middle as spy( on Mahomes) and rushed just three. Mahomes couldn’t step up , and gave Des chance to get home.

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2020 at 12:44 AM, slimjasi said:

I'm of the opinion that you hang onto good young players on rookie contracts until you have to make a decision on them. I would like to see Williams finish this season because I think he has a chance to become one of these aforementioned good young players and someone we would consider resigning one day. He's 22 years old and seems to have a lot of physical ability. 

Sounds like a review of Leonard Williams. Hopefully this Williams turns out significantly better.

On 10/16/2020 at 10:18 AM, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Justify it to whom? People who think the going rate for the third pick in a given draft is a first ballot hall of famer? Those people are insane.

People who recognize that the third pick in the draft ought to be spent on a player with the potential to be a game-changer. An interior DL doesn't really have that potential unless they're Donald/Watt/Geno Atkins type pass-rushers who push the pocket from the middle.

The fact that those guys are extreme outliers even among elite NFL DTs is why taking a DT at 3 is crazy

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:51 PM, KINGDIRK said:

Most players take time to develop. Not everyone steps in and plays like a Bosa. I’m not a scout but Q looks much better than last year. And this is a guy who didn’t have a camp this year due to COVID. 

Camp? What is he 15? He’s played football for years. He was the 3rd pick in the draft. He’s played a year in NFL. Camp? News flash. No one had camp this year. That’s a lame azz excuse for a lame azz bust.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Schefter is one of the two or three guys that is really plugged into things and he does not start bs rumours as it would hurt his cred.

Again, we will never know.  He might also wanted to keep Williams to see what he might have had since his rookie season was riddled with issues.  I think it is safe to say now that if we can get a first for him, you would take it.

Nobody here expects this kid to be Aaron Donald yet, but is it too much to watch the games and realize he actually played? That's the issue here...there is no productivity. In his defense, he would probably be much better in a 4-3. I would like to see what a 4-3 dline of Franklin-Myers, Q, Fatukasi and Zunigna would look like.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Nobody here expects this kid to be Aaron Donald yet, but is it too much to watch the games and realize he actually played? That's the issue here...there is no productivity. In his defense, he would probably be much better in a 4-3. I would like to see what a 4-3 dline of Franklin-Myers, Q, Fatukasi and Zunigna would look like.

You ever notice that as Jet fans we're always making the argument that a player would succeed if only he had a different HC, a better supporting cast or different scheme?  Not that I disagree with your assessment, but most times a player like Q might be exactly who we see: not that good.

• 2 years later...
On 10/16/2020 at 12:44 AM, slimjasi said:

I'm of the opinion that you hang onto good young players on rookie contracts until you have to make a decision on them. I would like to see Williams finish this season because I think he has a chance to become one of these aforementioned good young players and someone we would consider resigning one day. He's 22 years old and seems to have a lot of physical ability. 

You told the future bro. 

• Haha 1