Jump to content
jgb

Whose career was most hurt by playing for the Jets

What player would've had the best career not playing here?  

63 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would've benefited most not playing here?

    • Pennington
      4
    • Sanchez
      3
    • Geno
      1
    • Darnold
      42
    • Lamont Jordan
      1
    • Revis
      1
    • Le'Veon Bell
      3
    • David Harris
      1
    • Kerry Rhoads
      0
    • Leon Washington
      1
    • Jeremy Kerley
      1
    • Derrick Mason
      0
    • Hugh Douglas
      1
    • Fireman Ed
      4


Recommended Posts

Who would've had the best career by NOT playing here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bellichik woulda loved D Harris

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kerley would've been pre-Kamara on the Pats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why Revis is on the list, he had his best (HOF caliber) years here. 

Mason had a good career before coming here, as did Bell. 

Had to go with Darnold. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Not sure who that Kerry Rhoads fella is.  So not him.  

And that was a hat tip to you lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though Darnold sucks, partnering him with a Macc-built roster under the ownership of Christopher Johnson, with Todd Bowles and Adam Gase as his HC's should be an 8th Amendment violation.  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Because the Jets wasted his prime by drafting Sanchez.

Ouch. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not sure who that Kerry Rhoads fella is.  So not him.  

randy rhoads GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is only one franchise QB on that list, and it's Chad Pennington.

Had he played elsewhere, perhaps a legit NFL medical staff (and lets be honest, ours hasn't ever really been legit) might have kept him more healthy, longer.

When I look on that list, at QB, he is the only one I think was capable of winning a Super Bowl.  He's easily the equal, IMO, of a Joe Flacco-in-his-prime.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leon Washington's ability was before its time.   Could have been similar to KC's Tyreek Hill.   The guy was a phenomenal player with all world talent.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revis is a top 2 CB of all time. How much better could’ve his career been? Lol

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

There is only one franchise QB on that list, and it's Chad Pennington.

The last, and only, Jets franchise QB was Joe Namath.  If anyone came close to being one it was Ken O'Brien.  Not Pennington.  1 magical partial season and a lot of unrequited hopes and dreams doesn't lift him to that status.

Jets fans need to set a much higher standard for their QB's.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The last, and only, Jets franchise QB was Joe Namath.  If anyone came close to being one it was Ken O'Brien.  Not Pennington.  1 magical partial season and a lot of unrequited hopes and dreams doesn't lift him to that status.

Jets fans need to set a much higher standards for their QB's.  

I knew it was all going to be bad once the Raiders figured out Pennington couldn't throw the out route. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Ugh....

Demario Davis

Robby Anderson

 

They escaped the green hole relatively early thus not on the list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with Sanchez because he basically played himself out of the league in rex’s Circus.  He might have been a decent long term starter if he was drafted by another team. As for the other players, most had decent runs with the jets and some were just knuckleheads and deserve being where they are.

darnold was selected most. The thing is he’s still young enough to be turned around and just needs a better situation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Different take here.I’m gonna say all of us and the other season ticket holders for the past 50 years. We pay the Jets to be part of this Sh*t. All the guys on the list got paid mucho $ to torture us. They won big time, us, not so much.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Different take here.I’m gonna say all of us and the other season ticket holders for the past 50 years. We pay the Jets to be part of this Sh*t. All the guys on the list got paid mucho $ to torture us. They won big time, us, not so much.

wow great answer

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, section314 said:

Tnx. My prize...4 more season tix.😀

That's what you call "losing by winning." Condolences. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Because the Jets wasted his prime by drafting Sanchez.

oh my god wow GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold, his situation will be a course taught to all future GMs how to not catastrophically **** up in developing a franchise QB. I’m sure Lawrence will be in the same conversation on this forum 3 years from now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going with Jerricho Cotchery.

Cotchery on a real team is probably an 80/1000/8 guy.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Welp said:

Darnold, his situation will be a course taught to all future GMs how to not catastrophically **** up in developing a franchise QB. I’m sure Lawrence will be in the same conversation on this forum 3 years from now.

Which is why if he or his reps half a brain he will dodge this place like a chick with scabies

1 minute ago, Kevin L said:

I'm going with Jerricho Cotchery.

Cotchery on a real team is probably an 80/1000/8 guy.

Good call 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rangerous said:

I went with Sanchez because he basically played himself out of the league in rex’s Circus.  He might have been a decent long term starter if he was drafted by another team. As for the other players, most had decent runs with the jets and some were just knuckleheads and deserve being where they are.

darnold was selected most. The thing is he’s still young enough to be turned around and just needs a better situation.

Sanchez would have sucked anywhere.  He got to be Case Keenum here for 2 years

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...