ONE WIN CAN RUIN IT!

LRJets

2 hours ago, LRJets said:

There are a few awful teams this season.  One win can put the Jets out of the "Lawrence Bowl".

They must go 0-16!

I have  faith in the Jets to do just enough to ruin it!

Jets Snoopy.jpg

I don’t think so. The Giants and Falcons are going to win a few games. I’m pretty confident the Jets could win a couple of games and still get the top pick.

• Upvote 1

There’s A LOT of bad teams and bad footballs this year in the NFL. You are right sir, 1 win can ruin it all. 

There are about 3 games we have to worry about, where I can see us fluke our way to a win.

- Miami twice and the Cleveland game.

- On paper we go 0-16, but Fitz is still Fitz and can easily have a 6 pick game as we’ve seen, handing anyone a victory on a platter.

- Cleveland are much better than us yes, but until they have a sustained season of success, I can’t assume they’ll take care of business.

- Other than that / barring major injuries or covid protocol’d players missing games (which would be so JETS) I can’t see a winnable game on the schedule.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

There’s A LOT of bad teams and bad footballs this year in the NFL. You are right sir, 1 win can ruin it all. 

There are about 3 games we have to worry about, where I can see us fluke our way to a win.

- On paper we go 0-16, but Fitz is still Fitz and can easily have a 6 pick game as we’ve seen, handing anyone a victory on a platter.

- Cleveland are much better than us yes, but until they have a sustained season of success, I can’t assume they’ll take care of business.

- Other than that / barring major injuries or covid protocol’d players missing games (which would be so JETS) I can’t see a winnable game on the schedule.

Cleveland looks like they're finally a legit team and Miami is a 9 point favorite against us this week.  Lol

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Cleveland looks like they're finally a legit team and Miami is a 9 point favorite against us this week.  Lol

Oh trust me, I’m not expecting to win. But if I had to say games that have me concerned, it would be those.

Fitz can literally throw a game away and is usually good for a couple of those a year. 

Cleveland, yeah we’ll probably lose, but a young team who might be making a playoff push and gets too big headed and loses to a sh*t team.

There’s a reason there are so few 0-16 teams, and it’s not because the 1-15 teams 1 win was against inferior opponent. Any given Sunday. Let’s just hope we really are THAT FAR gone, that we can’t win any game.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LRJets said:

There are a few awful teams this season.  One win can put the Jets out of the "Lawrence Bowl".

They must go 0-16!

I have  faith in the Jets to do just enough to ruin it!

Jets Snoopy.jpg

Investing emotionally in things like 0-16 seasons may be the single dumbest thing any fan of a team can do.

Enjoy it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

56 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

WE MUST LOSE AT ALL COSTS!

Lol.  I wouldn't doubt it.  I am starting to believe that Jet brass is starting to envision a team with Trevor Lawrence as their QB.  I just don't know if he is that good or it is just their stud roster.  Travis Etienne is incredible and I would love for the Jets to select him also.

• Upvote 2

Just looking at the schedule again and this team is not winning a game and anyone who thinks that is delusional. Maybe the Miami game at home but outside of that one game no way they do not get the first pick. The Giants and Falcons on both sides of the ball are far more talented then the JETS.  

2 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

Lol.  I wouldn't doubt it.  I am starting to believe that Jet brass is starting to envision a team with Trevor Lawrence as their QB.  I just don't know if he is that good or it is just their stud roster.  Travis Etienne is incredible and I would love for the Jets to select him also.

If the Jets get TL I'm going to FAP MY WIFES WAP so much that week she will not want me for years and years after that encounter trust me!.

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

Big bgame this weekend giants vs wash. This is one of the games the giants could win this year.

Giants are yet to play Eagles (x2) and Washington (x2). There’s a good chance Giants win 2 or 3 chip in the next 5 games (Wash, Eagles, Bucs, Wash, Eagles). 

I’m more worried about the Falcons n Denver Donkeys. Cowboys losing Dak wasn’t good but they have sh*t teams in their division. 

The first pick is far from a lock but I don’t think the Jets have to go winless to get it. No wins has only happened twice on a sixteen game schedule, 2008 Lions and 2017 Browns.

The schedule is tough but that plays two ways. Harder to get wins but they also lose tiebreakers. I think 1-15 certainly gets the #1 pick and 2-14 probably does.

Right now ESPN’s analytics have the Jets at like 42% for the top pick. That is mind bogglingly high five games into the season, but also points to the fact that a lot can happen over the next eleven weeks. I imagine it jumps a bit with every “potential win” getting checked off, losing to the Dolphins this weekend might jump it over 50%.

• Upvote 2

If the Jets win a single game, it will put to rest the idea that they are keeping Gase and also deliberately tanking for Trevor.

If they lose ever single game and show ZERO improvement you can bet the plan is to keep Gase and let him start from ground up with Trevor Lawrence and an all new roster with all of his and JD's picks.  

18 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Giants are yet to play Eagles (x2) and Washington (x2). There’s a good chance Giants win 2 or 3 chip in the next 5 games (Wash, Eagles, Bucs, Wash, Eagles). 

I’m more worried about the Falcons n Denver Donkeys. Cowboys losing Dak wasn’t good but they have sh*t teams in their division. 

The falcons have talent, especially on offense. They will win a few games. Too bad they don’t play the jets because that would be a blowout.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Your take is interesting, Cleveland...to me they seem like a team on the rise finally putting it together, but who know? 

Looking at the schedule, the Chargers have not learned to win close games yet,  that to me seems like our most likely win.

The Dolphins another team rising from the ashes, way better coached than us.

It's totally possible that the Jets squeak out one of those Dolphin games.

The annoying players that might have got us over the hump...Robbie Anderson, Jamal Adams are no longer here to squeak out a few wins against the few teams on our schedule almost as bad as the Jets.  

To me Mekhi Becton is the key to our win total. If he misses a good part of the remainder of the season, 16 and 0 is a possibility.

Denzel Mims is the dark horse, if he stays healthy he may finally begin to be a factor in the last few games of our schedule.

Exciting...the Jets en route to our annual April scheduled Super Bowl !

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

You never know with the Chargers, they seem very adept at pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory.

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Belichick throws one late to screw us. 1-15, tiebreakers send us to sixth. 

There's a lot of other scenarios that could happen which would still give us the #1 pick. Giants could beat Washington, Falcons will face Tampa Bay in week 17 when THEY could sit their starters if they have a spot clinched. Thats it. Its 3 0-5 teams right now. 

And lets not forget we are getting beaten up by backups right now with the way we are playing. Not just backup defensive players (DEs and CB) but backup QBs as was painfully clear in the San Fran game. I can very well see a well coached BB team with all its starters benched embarrassing the Jets (who have already all but given up).