Trevor Lawrence Is Going To Be A Jet.

THE BARON

Here are just a few mock drafts that have TL going to the Jets first overall.  As the season progresses, it will be spoken about as "a lock" 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-and-dolphins-give-young-franchise-qbs-familiar-weapons-steelers-address-corner/

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021.php

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-newman-october/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-drae-harris-2.0

You wanna bet Lawrence is already getting used to the idea of being a Jet ???  Wanna bet Joe Douglas is already priming the channels of communication with the Lawrence people ???

This guy is going to be a Jet. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Nothing is set in stone but we're clearly the prohibitive favorites.

Agree... Now for the million dollar question.  Is the tank job intentional and is Gase part of the future plan with Trevor Lawrence ??? 

I have said in a bunch of posts.  Gase is married to a particular offensive system.  Darnold is pretty much a square peg in that system.  BUT.  Lawrence is tailor made for it.

What are we looking at here ??? Gase and Lawrence being the plan ???

Or Joe Douglas wanting TL and also primed to sh*tcan Gase at the end of the season ???

• Thumb Down 2

I dont think he will be and I dont think any qb could thrive here under the current ownership , current gm and current coach(he probably will be gone at some point)

Unless TL can snap the ball block the pass rush with his other hand then throw it down the field and run under it and catch it(which would require a rule change) he is doomed to fail.

A QB needs weapons we have none-okay so draft them you say? we only usually get one pick right per draft no matter who is running it if lucky(this year so far only one pick  is productive too)

Bring in FA you say? Joe has proven he is not the right guy to do that-the guys he brought in are TERRIBLE-the guys he paid money to (see Griffin) are terrible. We have money to spend but it wont be spend on the right guys. Joe has shown he can not identify productive free agents and bring them here .

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, THE BARON said:

Right... But lets just say.  This tank job was orchestrated by Gase himself.  With both CJ and JD in on it and in full agreement.

I love the conspiracy theories that some how gase and joe were in a secret plan to suck at ever aspect of their job for the greater good and at that time they will be able to turn on the switch and some how be able to be productive at their jobs. The reality is Gase sucks and Joe has done a terrible job so far. The talk by lots on here was playoffs this year and now the  revised talk was it was a master plan to tank...

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Here are just a few mock drafts that have TL going to the Jets first overall.  As the season progresses, it will be spoken about as "a lock" 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-and-dolphins-give-young-franchise-qbs-familiar-weapons-steelers-address-corner/

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-newman-october/

You wanna bet Lawrence is already getting used to the idea of being a Jet ???  Wanna bet Joe Douglas is already priming the channels of communication with the Lawrence people ???

Now that you’ve spoke, I have zero faith we get TL. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

I love the conspiracy theories that some how gase and joe were in a secret plan to suck at ever aspect of their job for the greater good and at that time they will be able to turn on the switch and some how be able to be productive at their jobs. The reality is Gase sucks and Joe has done a terrible job so far. The talk by lots on here was playoffs this year and now the  revised talk was it was a master plan to tank...

I'm holding my appraisal of Joe Douglas as "incomplete" thus far.  I tend to believe he knows what he is doing and is the man for the job.  I cant blame him for Becton or Mims getting injured.  Thus far, Becton looks to be the best player of the 2020 draft.  From what I have seen so far, I'd call Becton "Revis Special".  He looks that good.  I also agree with the trade for Adams.  It was a good deal especially because Adams was a disruptive influence AND did not fill a premium position like QB, LT or absolute shut-down CB.  Those are the guys you break the bank for,  Not a box safety. 

I do think they made a mistake letting Robby walk.  He was the most entertaining thing about the Jets since a Rex presser.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I agree with Dabo.  I have seen Lawrene play ball and I have heard him speak.  There has been NOTHING like this to come along since Joe Namath.

He is a once in a lifetime prospect.  Better than Elway, Manning and Luck...

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'm holding my appraisal of Joe Douglas as "incomplete" thus far.  I tend to believe he knows what he is doing and is the man for the job.  I cant blame him for Becton or Mims getting injured.  Thus far, Becton looks to be the best player of the 2020 draft.  From what I have seen so far, I'd call Becton "Revis Special".  He looks that good.  I also agree with the trade for Adams.  It was a good deal especially because Adams was a disruptive influence AND did not fill a premium position like QB, LT or absolute shut-down CB.  Those are the guys you break the bank for,  Not a box safety. 

I do think they made a mistake letting Robby walk.  He was the most entertaining thing about the Jets since a Rex presser.

what free agents did he bring in that you like? what contracts did he do that you liked? Adams became a disruptive influence once he saw the situation-he was stuck on a terrible team with a terrible coach and a gm that did not want to pay him his market value.

The only thing Joe has done is he drafted what looks like a productive guy on the O line-but that is no great achievement to find a player early in round one that looks  good-what about all the other picks?

• Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Jets arent winning a Football game in 2020 so unless 2 teams go winless, then yes, the Jets should land Trevor Lawrence and it's going to be an absolute disaster and I for one, am thrilled about it! 

TL will need a line, a quality rb a quality te and quality  wrs to succeed along with a quality coach and gm-we have none of those lol

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

TL will need a line, a quality rb a quality te and quality  wrs to succeed along with a quality coach and gm-we have none of those lol

My opinions of Lawrence aside (he's not a cant miss), we will be drafting a Qb who has been in arguably the most superior program in the NCAA, surrounded by the best talent and elite coaching being asked to do next to nothing to win and putting him in the absolute worst situation in the NFL and giving him Adam Gase as a HC.

What could go wrong? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kmnj said:

It's not a conspiracy theory that CJ may have given JD a green light for a ground-up rebuild, which Gase bought in on. Gase has probably convinced CJ that nobody could win with the personnel Mac gave him, and that explains the Mac firing. Gase probably got a guarantee from CJ that he would have at least through 2021 to turn things around under the rebuild.

Don't be surprised if Gase is the HC next season.

And we're not going to get Trevor. No way we go 0-16, which would be absolutely necessary to get him. And we lose the strength of schedule tie breaker to any other contender for the #1, so the chances we get Trevor are almost zero.

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

With the stock pile of draft picks and money that they have, the Jets can get a star RB, WR and TWO new starters for the offensive line in a single off season without question.

The defense on the other hand.

They need 3 LBs and two CBs and at least one DL

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

what free agents did he bring in that you like? what contracts did he do that you liked? Adams became a disruptive influence once he saw the situation-he was stuck on a terrible team with a terrible coach and a gm that did not want to pay him his market value.

The only thing Joe has done is he drafted what looks like a productive guy on the O line-but that is no great achievement to find a player early in round one that looks  good-what about all the other picks?

All good points... I'm basing my assessment more on what he has been involved with before he got to the Jets.  The jury is still out on his draft class and at least we can say he was dynamic in attempting to shore up the offensive line without going hog ass wild giving away cap

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

My opinions of Lawrence aside (he's not a cant miss), we will be drafting a Qb who has been in arguably the most superior program in the NCAA, surrounded by talent and elite coaching being asked to do next to nothing to win and putting him in the absolute worst situation in the NFL and giving him Adam Gase as a HC.

What could go wrong? 

I don't follow college football but based on all the Trevor talk I watched his game last weekend. I didn't see one good pass; yes, lots of receptions, but they were more a function of good WR play, passes at the knees, passes behind the receiver. I did not see one pass hit the receiver in stride. Any many were WAY off the mark.

Granted, this is a small sample, but this small sample so far has me believing your take, that it is part Trevor, and part the talent around him. I'll withhold judgment until I see more of him.

And it he is that good, then the football gods will never let us get him.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

My opinions of Lawrence aside (he's not a cant miss), we will be drafting a Qb who has been in arguably the most superior program in the NCAA, surrounded by the best talent and elite coaching being asked to do next to nothing to win and putting him in the absolute worst situation in the NFL and giving him Adam Gase as a HC.

What could go wrong? 

Nobody on next years team will be wearing a Jets uniform with Adam Gase as their head coach.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Well we are fans, but our owners think of this as a business mainly. Woody was a guy that would make moves he felt would get the fans to spend money, come to the games, etc. So, If we get the number 1 pick, and then after that get a new HC , it lines it up for next season to have that new HC with Trevor Lawrence and lets face it that would be the best promotion to get fans back into the fray buying jerseys, coming to the stadium which I assume by next season will either allow a chunk or all fans back in because by then some vaccine should be ready. Because if what I just stated doesn't happen it is likely no matter how many fans are allowed in the stadium, there would be only ones from the opposing teams mainly and other memorabilia, jerseys, hats. etc. will make no money.