Trevor Lawrence Is Going To Be A Jet.

THE BARON

54 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Agree... Now for the million dollar question.  Is the tank job intentional and is Gase part of the future plan with Trevor Lawrence ??? 

I have said in a bunch of posts.  Gase is married to a particular offensive system.  Darnold is pretty much a square peg in that system.  BUT.  Lawrence is tailor made for it.

What are we looking at here ??? Gase and Lawrence being the plan ???

Or Joe Douglas wanting TL and also primed to sh*tcan Gase at the end of the season ???

no..... Gase is a goner. let douglas pick the HC. enough of this bullsh*t where the johnsons pick a head coach

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, viffer said:

I don't follow college football but based on all the Trevor talk I watched his game last weekend. I didn't see one good pass; yes, lots of receptions, but they were more a function of good WR play, passes at the knees, passes behind the receiver. I did not see one pass hit the receiver in stride. Any many were WAY off the mark.

Granted, this is a small sample, but this small sample so far has me believing your take, that it is part Trevor, and part the talent around him. I'll withhold judgment until I see more of him.

And it he is that good, then the football gods will never let us get him.

It's a consistent problem, for some bizarre reason people like flat out ignore it with him but it is an area of concern.  That said, I think he can be successful at the next level with the right coaching and team.  He's clearly talented.  He runs that offense with a command.  It can work but it's going to take the right team, coaching and system.  I dont think he's the type of prospect that comes in and hits the ground running.  He's going to need development and stability and talent and the Jets are probably the worst possible franchise for those thing.  Especially considering I truly believe they gave Gase a mulligan on 2020.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I dont think he will be and I dont think any qb could thrive here under the current ownership , current gm and current coach(he probably will be gone at some point)

Unless TL can snap the ball block the pass rush with his other hand then throw it down the field and run under it and catch it(which would require a rule change) he is doomed to fail.

A QB needs weapons we have none-okay so draft them you say? we only usually get one pick right per draft no matter who is running it if lucky(this year so far only one pick  is productive too)

Bring in FA you say? Joe has proven he is not the right guy to do that-the guys he brought in are TERRIBLE-the guys he paid money to (see Griffin) are terrible. We have money to spend but it wont be spend on the right guys. Joe has shown he can not identify productive free agents and bring them here .

I don't agree with you at all regarding we won't get more weapons. Obviously we don't know what we have in Mims, hopefully we'll find out soon. We're close with the Oline once Becton comes back, I think we need 1 stud guard (Thuney, Stanley or Scherff) whoever gets away in free agency. 

2021- Free agent targets (Guard- Thuney/Stanley or Scherff), (WR-Allen Robinson), Edge (Bud Dupree). 

Even if we take Trevor Lawrence at #1, we'll have another #1, a very high #2, and 2-3s. Plus, whatever we can get for Sam Darnold. 

We maybe will have CJ Mosely back (He's under contract, 2 years without playing? Who knows. 

We have the ammunition to finally fix the Oline & surround a young mobile QB with a bunch of talented weapons. 

Im sorry, but after watching the Titans dismantle the Bills & drop 42 on them, they're just a few injuries away from just being OK in the division. White was out & they got smoked. NUMBER 1 is getting good enough to win this division. 

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Nobody on next years team will be wearing a Jets uniform with Adam Gase as their head coach.

I wish I was this confident but I legit think they gave Gase a pass on this season.  Every sign is pointing in that direction and I think you're just kind of in shock denial about it.

Gase hired Douglas.  Let that sink in for a minute and then look at how they approached this season and the decisions that have been made since the end of last year....does this strike you as a team where the GM and HC arent on the same page?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

27 minutes ago, viffer said:

It's not a conspiracy theory that CJ may have given JD a green light for a ground-up rebuild, which Gase bought in on. Gase has probably convinced CJ that nobody could win with the personnel Mac gave him, and that explains the Mac firing. Gase probably got a guarantee from CJ that he would have at least through 2021 to turn things around under the rebuild.

Don't be surprised if Gase is the HC next season.

And we're not going to get Trevor. No way we go 0-16, which would be absolutely necessary to get him. And we lose the strength of schedule tie breaker to any other contender for the #1, so the chances we get Trevor are almost zero.

Same thing SARI was saying.  And it is a real possibility.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I wish I was this confident but I legit think they gave Gase a pass on this season.  Every sign is pointing in that direction and I think you're just kind of in shock denial about it.

Gase hired Douglas.  Let that sink in for a minute and then look at how they approached this season and the decisions that have been made since the end of last year....does this strike you as a team where the GM and HC arent on the same page?

Unfortunately, all of this is valid. Given that he hired Gase despite the myriad statistics and facts slapping him in the face about why Gase was an awful HC (and despite my ramblings about it on JN before the hire), I have absolutely no faith that CJ is playing the long game and waiting to fire Gase once he gets us to 0-16. That's too rational of a plan. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

More and more, I am thinking that this may be the case.

Hers is the test.

If they win any games or look like they are improving, it is NOT THE CASE.

If they continue to look like a monkey trying to copulate with a bouncing football, you can bet the tank job was planned all along. 

46 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I agree with Dabo.  I have seen Lawrene play ball and I have heard him speak.  There has been NOTHING like this to come along since Joe Namath.

He is a once in a lifetime prospect.  Better than Elway, Manning and Luck...

With this HC and this team Lawrence will fail.  I hope we win enough games to keep Sam and lose enough to get rid of Crazy Eyes.

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

12 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Unfortunately, all of this is valid. Given that he hired Gase despite the myriad statistics and facts slapping him in the face about why Gase was an awful HC (and despite my ramblings about it on JN before the hire), I have absolutely no faith that CJ is playing the long game and waiting to fire Gase once he gets us to 0-16. That's too rational of a plan. 

I want to counter these paranoia posts, but then I remembered how these two CLOWNS were deep-throating Rex Ryan every year he avoided the axe and I feel no sympathy for them. 

• Haha 1

To me here's the difference between Lawerence and Darnold:

Coach:  "It's the last 2 minutes, we need to drive down the field and score the winning touchdown - can you do it?"

Darnold:  "Well gosh golly gee wizz coach, I sure as heck will try my darndest"

Lawerence: "**** yeah....give me the ball - I got this"

Sign me up for option B

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I want to counter these paranoia posts, but then I remembered how these two CLOWNS were deep-throating Rex Ryan every year he avoided the axe and I feel no sympathy for them. 

Here's some more of that wrong-juice you've been downing: I didn't start actively posting here till around 2012, and by then I was way over Rex.

Still, Rex >>>>>Gase>>>>> Mangini>>>>>Parcells, so sure, deep throating.

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

Think you’re right. Also, we’ve clearly given up on this season. Why would Gase just sit and take that, if he had not been given an assurance that he’ll get a mulligan. Gase can be a real dick. He could cause some serious problems for the team if he thought the team punted on the season and planned to fire him following. 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You are an Adam Gase apologist.  I'm a Rex enthusiast.  There is a difference.

And even if I were a disgraceful apologist like you, at least I'd be defending a rock solid turd whereas you're defending the most disgusting bout of explosive diarrhea the world has ever seen.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

If we got mahomes today  we would ruin him and guys would say he sucks.  I feel bad for Sam and his parents who Joe lied to-he did not set up their son to succeed or to protect him

To be fair he improved the offensive line quite a bit - especially when Becton is in the lineup. He focused mostly on that group. He also spent a #2 pick on a receiver that many feel can develop into a #1 receiver. You can't just say he didn't do anything to help Sam - his whole plan was to help Sam. Just because they haven't played yet doesn't mean he didn't bring them in.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Pac said:

Its weird..  I dont see how this team can win a game this year but I also am positive we won't get the #1 pick.  We will probably win a bullsht game or 2 and finish with the 3rd pick.

I can't see the Giants winning fewer than 3 games with the division they are in. Also, Atlanta will win some games too. I think Jacksonville is the team that could be the most difficult team to stay behind.

55 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

To me here's the difference between Lawerence and Darnold:

Coach:  "It's the last 2 minutes, we need to drive down the field and score the winning touchdown - can you do it?"

Darnold:  "Well gosh golly gee wizz coach, I sure as heck will try my darndest"

Lawerence: "**** yeah....give me the ball - I got this"

Sign me up for option B

Clemson has almost never been in that situation.  they ass kick lower talent teams.  In last years nat champ game he was not good and clemson got killed he was not that impressive vs ohio state in the semi final.  He was poor at the beginning of last year.

This is not an uber 'clean' prospect like people want to make out he is.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Agree... Now for the million dollar question.  Is the tank job intentional and is Gase part of the future plan with Trevor Lawrence ??? 

I have said in a bunch of posts.  Gase is married to a particular offensive system.  Darnold is pretty much a square peg in that system.  BUT.  Lawrence is tailor made for it.

What are we looking at here ??? Gase and Lawrence being the plan ???

Or Joe Douglas wanting TL and also primed to sh*tcan Gase at the end of the season ???

Would like to have some examples as to what Gases system philosophy is ?

And why Darnold doesn't fit?

And why Trevor does?

please and thanks