Trevor Lawrence Is Going To Be A Jet.

THE BARON

2 hours ago, JiF said:

My opinions of Lawrence aside (he's not a cant miss), we will be drafting a Qb who has been in arguably the most superior program in the NCAA, surrounded by the best talent and elite coaching being asked to do next to nothing to win and putting him in the absolute worst situation in the NFL and giving him Adam Gase as a HC.

What could go wrong? 

Joe Burrow is currently playing for an organization with one of the worst pass blocking o-lines, the corpse of AJ Green, and a head coach whose claim to fame is that he got coffee for Sean McVay. And Burrow is doing all right.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ohhthepain said:

Sad Sam has to be sacrificed for the cause. Hopefully Dr Hymie Elhai keeps milking Sam's bullsh*t injury so he doesnt have to play anymore.

agree. do sam a solid and keep him safe.  good for him. good fur us.  throw joe f to the wolves.  he already got his ring and has is $$$$

1 hour ago, MS jets Fan said:

So why would anyone think that drafting Lawrence would change anything?   When Gase is still the head coach?  When Gase is gone then this topic might be relevant.

Because we all know gase will be fired by seasons end. Yall just wanna push this narrative cause it isnt happening now like yall would like. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Paul Finebaum was asked this specifically on ESPN radio and he said that there’s “no chance” Lawrence would either stay in school Or attempt to duck the Jets. 

This is the last hope for Sam apologist . Cause Sam certainly isnt gonna play the jets out of the bottom.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'll stick by my thought that I would prefer to trade the pick and stick with Darnold.  I know I am the black sheep  on this.

I'm sort of with you on this. Look at how Ryan Tannehill has turned around his career since getting away from Gase. 

34 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Joe Burrow is currently playing for an organization with one of the worst pass blocking o-lines, the corpse of AJ Green, and a head coach whose claim to fame is that he got coffee for Sean McVay. And Burrow is doing all right.

Well, fwiw, I dont think Trevor Lawrence is nearly as good of a passer as Burrow.  Especially not downfield.  And Burrow is almost 4 years older than Lawrence so he entered the league naturally more mature.

That said, as sad as it sounds, Cinci is 10x more talented than the Jets.  Boyd, Higgins, Sample, Ozumah, Mixon, Bernard.  Lawrence wont be walking into anything like that.

• WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

Mr. and Mrs. Darnold must feel betrayed.

And if this is the case, trade him now.

Betrayed? We've been betrayed by a QB who got Mono, then surfed all summer & came back to NY & couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, now he's hurt again because he doesn't still know how to get rid of the ball. I get it, we stink, but he's been incredibly inaccurate, pulled a freaking Geno running out of bounds behind the sticks, and looks worse than the end of last year. Russell Wilson played behind sh*tty Olines too, but he's f*cking great!

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well, fwiw, I dont think Trevor Lawrence is nearly as good of a passer as Burrow.  Especially not downfield.  And Burrow is almost 4 years older than Lawrence so he entered the league naturally more mature.

That said, as sad as it sounds, Cinci is 10x more talented than the Jets.  Boyd, Higgins, Sample, Ozumah, Mixon, Bernard.  Lawrence wont be walking into anything like that.

What if JD can pull off getting a Guard (Thuney/Stanley or Scherff), sign a WR like Allen Robinson, maybe Ettiene drops to our second #1 (Hellaire dropped to 32), Mims turns out to be a player, you still have Crowder. 

Lets see who shines the last 11 games. V.Smith came on last year too & unfortunately is injured. Best case scenario is Clark is better than Lewis. Hope he gets healthy. All we got left for this year, but with the draft picks & cap dollars a couple guys (Guard + Vet WR) could do wonders!

• Upvote 1

I borrowed this from another site.... Same type of discussion but as this poster points out TL is not the seconding coming of Joe ...as one poster claims. 

Also, I like Viffer's post because it supports what in in this url.... 

So many posts here are based on the anticipation of:

A. The Jets are tanking.
B. Keeping Gase will ensure the #1 pick.
C. The #1 pick will yield Trevor Lawrence who they believe is the Second Coming of Andrew Luck or Patrick Mahomes (or both).

I think everyone needs to take a breath.

First, I don't believe that Douglas is tanking. I think this team is just so devoid of talent, and being coached by a man so devoid of "genius" that it only looks like a purposeful plan. I don't give the Jets that much credit.

Second, whether they keep Gase or not, it's very difficult to go 0-16, and even if they did, there are other terrible teams out there who could also match the Jets record, whether it's 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, and they all would "beat" the Jets on S.O.S., so counting on tanking to get the #1 pick is in no way guaranteed.

Third, Trevor Lawrence is the "Next Great QB", as was Sam Darnold. Maybe Lawrence is better, but here are two video reviews of him that point out Lawrence's shortcomings, and disturbingly, they sort of remind me of Darnold's:

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/...reviewer-critically-evaluates-trevor-lawrence

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

I dont think he will be and I dont think any qb could thrive here under the current ownership , current gm and current coach(he probably will be gone at some point)

Unless TL can snap the ball block the pass rush with his other hand then throw it down the field and run under it and catch it(which would require a rule change) he is doomed to fail.

A QB needs weapons we have none-okay so draft them you say? we only usually get one pick right per draft no matter who is running it if lucky(this year so far only one pick  is productive too)

Bring in FA you say? Joe has proven he is not the right guy to do that-the guys he brought in are TERRIBLE-the guys he paid money to (see Griffin) are terrible. We have money to spend but it wont be spend on the right guys. Joe has shown he can not identify productive free agents and bring them here .

Some good points but you forget Flacco looked better than darnold with the same oline.  A Qb that makes quick decisive throws will help the oline look better.  And if this line can be kept together they will get better.  The team still needs some better wrs and those should come through the draft.  We’ll see how Mims is very soon and maybe Perriman shows enough to reup him.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Here are just a few mock drafts that have TL going to the Jets first overall.  As the season progresses, it will be spoken about as "a lock" 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-and-dolphins-give-young-franchise-qbs-familiar-weapons-steelers-address-corner/

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021.php

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-newman-october/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-drae-harris-2.0

You wanna bet Lawrence is already getting used to the idea of being a Jet ???  Wanna bet Joe Douglas is already priming the channels of communication with the Lawrence people ???

This guy is going to be a Jet. 

Remember when we were all excited about THE Sam Darnold becoming a Jet?  And how excited we were that HE was going to be the saviour?

Good times.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'll stick by my thought that I would prefer to trade the pick and stick with Darnold.  I know I am the black sheep  on this.

Look, I love Darnold more than anybody.  I watched every single game of his during his last season at USC.  But...

Lawrence hasn’t thrown an interception since last October 19.  Since then he has thrown for nearly 4,000 yards and 43 TDs.

If Darnold ever reaches his ceiling, it still will he no where near what Lawrence’s is.  Plus Darnold is getting paid in two years.  We have time to rebuild with a QB on a rookie deal.

Lus there is no way you could trade that top pick and get what it is worth.  Best QB prospect since Elway.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Look, I love Darnold more than anybody.  I watched every single game of his during his last season at USC.  But...

Lawrence hasn’t thrown an interception since last October 19.  Since then he has thrown for nearly 4,000 yards and 43 TDs.

If Darnold ever reaches his ceiling, it still will he no where near what Lawrence’s is.  Plus Darnold is getting paid in two years.  We have time to rebuild with a QB on a rookie deal.

Lus there is no way you could trade that top pick and get what it is worth.  Best QB prospect since Elway.

Comparing USC and the talent around him and the jets and the talent around him and Clemson who ass kicks every team because they are overloaded with  talent and premium coaching is faulty.

I'm not saying Lawrence s a bad Qb or bad prospect but he is also not sure fire by any means at all and in my mind is not far far above some other QBs who have come our recently like a Hebert or a Josh Allen.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Here are just a few mock drafts that have TL going to the Jets first overall.  As the season progresses, it will be spoken about as "a lock" 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-and-dolphins-give-young-franchise-qbs-familiar-weapons-steelers-address-corner/

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021.php

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-newman-october/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-drae-harris-2.0

You wanna bet Lawrence is already getting used to the idea of being a Jet ???  Wanna bet Joe Douglas is already priming the channels of communication with the Lawrence people ???

This guy is going to be a Jet. 

I have a bad feeling that we are going to screw this up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Its very simple. There are 3 winless teams- the Giants, Jets and Falcons. Any one of these teams will want to draft Lawrence. I think anyone who knows anything about football can tell you that the Jets are playing worse than the Giants or Falcons and have just as tough of a schedule. Pretty easy to mock Lawrence to the Jets.

If the Jets win a game, all the mocks will change. 

2 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

Cincy has invested far more in the oline than us they also have joe mixon a bell cow back and Tyler boyd a quality Wr and drafted a good looking one in tee higgins.

Getting coffee for McVay is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than adam gase.

Burrow is indeed and excellent QB prospect though that I agree.

They'll trade Darnold and then lose out on Lawrence, watch.

I don’t think JD is that dumb. Sam will have more trade value on the bench as the typical ‘back up QB flavor of the month’ ,
a tempting choice for a qb needy team post draft or in season.
might be able to even wing a late one or a two for him.

6 hours ago, kmnj said:

Unless TL can snap the ball block the pass rush with his other hand then throw it down the field and run under it and catch it(which would require a rule change) he is doomed to fail.

A QB needs weapons we have none-okay so draft them you say? we only usually get one pick right per draft no matter who is running it if lucky(this year so far only one pick  is productive too)

You have no idea what this team will look like next year. HC on down to players.  We have picks and a ton of cap space.  Thinking the team will look no different and need help in all the same areas as this season is wrong.

Unless you think the GM is clueless and doesnt have an idea of what we need