Trevor Lawrence Is Going To Be A Jet.

THE BARON

6 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

To me here's the difference between Lawerence and Darnold:

Coach:  "It's the last 2 minutes, we need to drive down the field and score the winning touchdown - can you do it?"

Darnold:  "Well gosh golly gee wizz coach, I sure as heck will try my darndest"

Lawerence: "**** yeah....give me the ball - I got this"

Sign me up for option B

Never has happened to Clemson so how do you know?

Darnold did it at USC for what its worth

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Comparing USC and the talent around him and the jets and the talent around him and Clemson who ass kicks every team because they are overloaded with  talent and premium coaching is faulty.

I'm not saying Lawrence s a bad Qb or bad prospect but he is also not sure fire by any means at all and in my mind is not far far above some other QBs who have come our recently like a Hebert or a Josh Allen.

Sam Darnold has JuJu and Michael Pittman to throw to at USC.  So it’s safe to say his supporting cast was better at USC than his tenure with the Jets is easy.  But for any QB to throw 43 TDs without an INT is unreal.  

Scouts are calling TL the best QB prospect since Elway.  Said Luck was an elite prospect but didn’t play in the spot light much at Stanford.  Lawrence has been playing in the spotlight since he was 13 yo.  Manning couldn’t beat FL.  He leaves TN and Tee Martin wins the national championship the next year.  And you know what, for all of Manning’s accolades, he got beat quite a bit in the playoffs.

Darnold year 5 at $25M+ <<<<<<<<<<<TL year 2 on a rookie deal.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

14 hours ago, kmnj said:

If we got mahomes today  we would ruin him and guys would say he sucks.  I feel bad for Sam and his parents who Joe lied to-he did not set up their son to succeed or to protect him

Please w this crap...  its the nfl.  Stop Coddling and make excuses for sammy boy.  

15 hours ago, JiF said:

Lawrence himself has said, "I graduate this year and plan on leaving school".  Even if he did go back for another year, guess who would be the odds on favorite to win the #1 overall pick next years? 

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!

Your ****ED Lawrence.  EAT IT!!!!!!!1

Lmao this is the best post I read in a long time, legit made me laugh out loud, you win the internet bro 

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Lmao this is the best post I read in a long time, legit made me laugh out loud, you win the internet bro 

All you have to do is look at what recently happened to Dak Prescott. It's football & on any play you can have a freak injury with guys landing around your legs. Doesn't happen OFTEN, but often enough that you don't take chances with a lucrative career right in front of you. Theisman, Brady in 2008 (ACL), Alex Smith, Dak Prescott. Sh*t happens. Trevor Lawrence is coming out & he's cocky, he's no pussy & Id love to see him in the Green & White, throwing to Allen Robinson, Mims, Crowder, Pitts, with Perine & Ettiene in the backfield. Oline- Becton- Clark- McGovern- Thuney-Fant. 

Also JD drafts another Stud Center to push McGovern. Dream Scenario with 2 more 1sts in 2022 & maybe another pick from the Darnold trade. 

• Post of the Week 2

22 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Agree... Now for the million dollar question.  Is the tank job intentional and is Gase part of the future plan with Trevor Lawrence ??? 

I have said in a bunch of posts.  Gase is married to a particular offensive system.  Darnold is pretty much a square peg in that system.  BUT.  Lawrence is tailor made for it.

What are we looking at here ??? Gase and Lawrence being the plan ???

Or Joe Douglas wanting TL and also primed to sh*tcan Gase at the end of the season ???

Yeah let's keep the 0 - 16 HC. 

23 hours ago, kmnj said:

If we got mahomes today  we would ruin him and guys would say he sucks.  I feel bad for Sam and his parents who Joe lied to-he did not set up their son to succeed or to protect him

Chances are if the Jets would have drafted MAHOMES, Kliff Kingsbury would be the HC here. 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:52 AM, THE BARON said:

Here are just a few mock drafts that have TL going to the Jets first overall.  As the season progresses, it will be spoken about as "a lock" 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-and-dolphins-give-young-franchise-qbs-familiar-weapons-steelers-address-corner/

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021.php

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-newman-october/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-drae-harris-2.0

You wanna bet Lawrence is already getting used to the idea of being a Jet ???  Wanna bet Joe Douglas is already priming the channels of communication with the Lawrence people ???

This guy is going to be a Jet. 

.... and here’s the “jinx”. 
way to go. Now we are destined to get the 6th pick. 

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

All you have to do is look at what recently happened to Dak Prescott. It's football & on any play you can have a freak injury with guys landing around your legs. Doesn't happen OFTEN, but often enough that you don't take chances with a lucrative career right in front of you. Theisman, Brady in 2008 (ACL), Alex Smith, Dak Prescott. Sh*t happens. Trevor Lawrence is coming out & he's cocky, he's no pussy & Id love to see him in the Green & White, throwing to Allen Robinson, Mims, Crowder, Pitts, with Perine & Ettiene in the backfield. Oline- Becton- Clark- McGovern- Thuney-Fant. 

Also JD drafts another Stud Center to push McGovern. Dream Scenario with 2 more 1sts in 2022 & maybe another pick from the Darnold trade. 

Damn Lawrence Perine Ettiene 

Don't forget Ju-Ju we have to sign him to in free agency. 

We will be a contender and not a pretender. 

• 1 month later...