What big time college coaches could the jets target to replace Gase?

Philc1

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Think there's been a shift lately. Swinney is making $10 million in salary,and God knows how much in endorsements. NYC is not really needed to complete things. And it's dirty, unpleasant and expensive. He, like Saban, probably only has to recruit when he closes the deal on a few high end recruits. It's a short season, and he's king of the castle. Clemson being in the ACC is a lock for bCS consideration every season. Definitely make the phone call, but doubt it gets any where. Unless you give him a very big pile of money and equity in the team. And the Johnsons are cheap f---s so...

Well for one the Jets don’t play in NYC and where the offices, practice facility etc is gorgeous.  And then the city is close by.  The dirty angle really doesn’t work

Second, if you read further I said I posted Dabo jokingly.  More that I was going with we’ll suck, draft Lawrence and need a coach.  

Dabo north than likely won’t leave Clemson on his own

On 10/18/2020 at 3:00 PM, SAR I said:

The roster is the worst in the NFL and the injuries are the worst in the NFL.  There is no way to field a competitive team under those circumstances.  And that's on offense.

On defense, we have some players.  They just aren't responding to Gregg Williams as they did last year.  Had the defense lived up to expectations, we'd be 2-3 right now, perhaps 3-2.  

SAR I

He’s not going to be retained.  All your excuses better not convince anyone that he’s the guy to lead this team.  He’s proven the opposite.  It’s done
And yes G Williams’ defense sucks too.  Doesn’t make Gases failure less of a failure.  
Leave him in place to finish the season with the top pick and dump his ass as soon as it’s official that we’re #1

On 10/18/2020 at 3:00 PM, SAR I said:

The roster is the worst in the NFL and the injuries are the worst in the NFL.  There is no way to field a competitive team under those circumstances.  And that's on offense.

On defense, we have some players.  They just aren't responding to Gregg Williams as they did last year.  Had the defense lived up to expectations, we'd be 2-3 right now, perhaps 3-2.  

SAR I

On 10/18/2020 at 3:03 PM, SAR I said:

It would be just like the Jets to be looking for a great offensive coordinator and accidentally finding a great head coach.

And that's what I think we are seeing.  That the Parcells-like vicious leader that can control a locker room, run interference with the media, and pick the right players is right here under our noses.  Get him an OC, get him a playcaller, and let him just be the HC.

SAR I

On 10/18/2020 at 3:08 PM, Maxman said:

If that is what you are seeing I suggest an eye exam.

Nobody else in the world is seeing that. Parcells was good at game plans and adjustments. Gase is good at blaming others.

Maxman, you must understand that SORE I is like the Jets.  Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, he/they come up with something even stupider than the last one!