Pat Freiermuth “baby Gronk”

Rhg1084

Freiermuth is very nice TE prospect.. *cough* @maury77 *cough* 

but I wouldn't give him more than a round 2 grade.. not pick 33 either. Not as high as others on Brevin, but interested how some of these guys fair over the next 2-3 months. Big 10 needs to come online - interested Pat and that Jeremy Ruckert from Ohio St

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:24 AM, Beerfish said:

But....but we are solid we have herndon and griffin.

I'm actually still a Herndon believer and think that once we get a new coach (assuming he can stay healthy) he will be way more productive. And I don't see TE as much of a need as other positions like WR, O-line, Edge, CB. I think we could target a guy like Charlie Kolar considerably later on in the draft to pair with Herndon and a new coach.

I'm not passing on a guy like Trey Smith (#2 or #3 OG in the draft) for example for the #2 TE in the draft early in Rd. 2.  

Assuming we do draft TL at the top (big if this early but one can dream), we are going to have loads of true needs with those next two picks.  WR, OG, TE, arguably RB, Edge, CB.  I think it's going to be a case of best player available at one of those need positions, which sadly just about means, anyone but a DT, Safety or ILB.

We can throw a dozen names into a hat and half of them will be available.  It would not be a shock to me if JD even traded down from one of those picks to grab an extra third rounder.  Teams often try to trade up into the very bottom of round 1 or top of round 2.  Assuming there are half a dozen guys at the SEA pick who can all project to starter, it would make sense to slip back a few picks and still get one (really two) of them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 10:36 AM, nycdan said:

Assuming we do draft TL at the top (big if this early but one can dream), we are going to have loads of true needs with those next two picks.  WR, OG, TE, arguably RB, Edge, CB.  I think it's going to be a case of best player available at one of those need positions, which sadly just about means, anyone but a DT, Safety or ILB.

We can throw a dozen names into a hat and half of them will be available.  It would not be a shock to me if JD even traded down from one of those picks to grab an extra third rounder.  Teams often try to trade up into the very bottom of round 1 or top of round 2.  Assuming there are half a dozen guys at the SEA pick who can all project to starter, it would make sense to slip back a few picks and still get one (really two) of them.

This is my hope, for JD to turn the Adams pick into a f*cking bonanza the next 2 years! Trading back & getting a 2fer like Najee Harris & Josh Myers. Hell, we might see JD go Oline with both of those picks if he can't land Thuney or Scherff. 

On 11/26/2020 at 8:11 AM, sec101row23 said:

I think the term “baby Gronk” is thrown around too much.  Every year there are baby gronks in the draft and few if any actually become one.  Besides I’d rather have a “baby Waller”.  

Right? Who wants a Baby of a great player. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like Kyle Pitts as the #1 TE in this class but Freiermuth is not far behind.  If we grabbed him with the 2nd 1st I'd be ok with it. If we landed him with #33 I'd e ecstatic. This OL class is looking like a big 3rd and 4th rd group.  Even guys later in the 5th-6th are gonna be able to contribute.

Taking an OL in the 1st, while I almost always like the idea, would be foolish this year imo.  Take the premier talent at another position like TE earlier. 

If we miss out on Freiermuth and Pitts I'd wait a bit for Jordan or Kolar from Iowa.  a 1st of Tlaw, Freiermuth with Najee harris or Patrick Jones at 33 would be all I needed.  Ive said too much.  lol 

Enjoy this vid. it's good. 

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Charlie kolar, 3rd round

After we have used our first 3 picks on QB, Oline and RB or Wr weapon.

(I have a real suspicion that will outrage jets fans, that being that we are taking a CB with our 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft.)

The draft will run out of CB talent before OL talent and I fully expect a guy like Derion Kendrick or Jaycee Horn to be the guy with the Seattle pick.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Pitts is the only TE I'd draft with our Seattle 1st round pick (pipe dream to fall out of the top 10) because he's absolutely freakishly freakish. 

However I'm not a fan of drafting Pat and not even with our 2nd round pick especially not after an undisclosed season ending injury that'll require going under the knife for surgery; no thnx. 

2021's WR draft class is as deep as 2014's and 2020's so if it's not a WR I wouldn't touch a TE until at least the 3rd round because there will be one too many awesome WR/RB talents available throughout our first 2 rounds and 3 picks. 

Kyle Pitts is the only TE I'd drool over...

On 12/13/2020 at 9:16 AM, GREENBEAN said:

I like Kyle Pitts as the #1 TE in this class but Freiermuth is not far behind.  If we grabbed him with the 2nd 1st I'd be ok with it. If we landed him with #33 I'd e ecstatic. This OL class is looking like a big 3rd and 4th rd group.  Even guys later in the 5th-6th are gonna be able to contribute.

Taking an OL in the 1st, while I almost always like the idea, would be foolish this year imo.  Take the premier talent at another position like TE earlier. 

If we miss out on Freiermuth and Pitts I'd wait a bit for Jordan or Kolar from Iowa.  a 1st of Tlaw, Freiermuth with Najee harris or Patrick Jones at 33 would be all I needed.  Ive said too much.  lol 

Enjoy this vid. it's good. 

Agreed! There are numerous OL possibilities in this draft. Myers in the 3rd at center and slide McGovern to guard. Devonte Brown from Bama at guard. We still have Fant this year. Anderson, Trey Hill, Trey Smith, Carman etc Lot of good OL in this draft. Of course we need 3-4 OL to groom with Becton over next 2 years. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2020 at 6:06 AM, Wonderboy said:

Agreed! There are numerous OL possibilities in this draft. Myers in the 3rd at center and slide McGovern to guard. Devonte Brown from Bama at guard. We still have Fant this year. Anderson, Trey Hill, Trey Smith, Carman etc Lot of good OL in this draft. Of course we need 3-4 OL to groom with Becton over next 2 years. 

Absolutely. The depth of the OL makes me hope JD considers grabbing a top tier edge with one of the 1st 3 picks.  I really want all O there but when OL, RB and WR are this deep, I'd consider it. 

• Upvote 1