Rhg1084

Pat Freiermuth “baby Gronk”

He’s definitely on my short list with the pick.

Highly doubtful that Pitts is still around, but Freiermuth very well could be.

I’m not really obsessed with having a super athlete at the position. I want a dude with hands of glue, can be a go-to target in the red zone and is a capable inline blocker.

Freiermuth fits the bill

• Upvote 2

I'm not a big fan, he's my TE 3 after Kyle Pitts and Brevin Jordan. 

Freiermuth is very nice TE prospect.. *cough* @maury77 *cough* 

but I wouldn't give him more than a round 2 grade.. not pick 33 either. Not as high as others on Brevin, but interested how some of these guys fair over the next 2-3 months. Big 10 needs to come online - interested Pat and that Jeremy Ruckert from Ohio St

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:24 AM, Beerfish said:

But....but we are solid we have herndon and griffin.

I'm actually still a Herndon believer and think that once we get a new coach (assuming he can stay healthy) he will be way more productive. And I don't see TE as much of a need as other positions like WR, O-line, Edge, CB. I think we could target a guy like Charlie Kolar considerably later on in the draft to pair with Herndon and a new coach.

I'm not passing on a guy like Trey Smith (#2 or #3 OG in the draft) for example for the #2 TE in the draft early in Rd. 2.  

Assuming we do draft TL at the top (big if this early but one can dream), we are going to have loads of true needs with those next two picks.  WR, OG, TE, arguably RB, Edge, CB.  I think it's going to be a case of best player available at one of those need positions, which sadly just about means, anyone but a DT, Safety or ILB.

We can throw a dozen names into a hat and half of them will be available.  It would not be a shock to me if JD even traded down from one of those picks to grab an extra third rounder.  Teams often try to trade up into the very bottom of round 1 or top of round 2.  Assuming there are half a dozen guys at the SEA pick who can all project to starter, it would make sense to slip back a few picks and still get one (really two) of them.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:36 AM, nycdan said:

Assuming we do draft TL at the top (big if this early but one can dream), we are going to have loads of true needs with those next two picks.  WR, OG, TE, arguably RB, Edge, CB.  I think it's going to be a case of best player available at one of those need positions, which sadly just about means, anyone but a DT, Safety or ILB.

We can throw a dozen names into a hat and half of them will be available.  It would not be a shock to me if JD even traded down from one of those picks to grab an extra third rounder.  Teams often try to trade up into the very bottom of round 1 or top of round 2.  Assuming there are half a dozen guys at the SEA pick who can all project to starter, it would make sense to slip back a few picks and still get one (really two) of them.

This is my hope, for JD to turn the Adams pick into a f*cking bonanza the next 2 years! Trading back & getting a 2fer like Najee Harris & Josh Myers. Hell, we might see JD go Oline with both of those picks if he can't land Thuney or Scherff. 

I think the term “baby Gronk” is thrown around too much.  Every year there are baby gronks in the draft and few if any actually become one.  Besides I’d rather have a “baby Waller”.  

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2020 at 8:11 AM, sec101row23 said:

I think the term “baby Gronk” is thrown around too much.  Every year there are baby gronks in the draft and few if any actually become one.  Besides I’d rather have a “baby Waller”.  

Right? Who wants a Baby of a great player. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company