Now It's Greg's Turn!

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Williams and Loggains will be gone.  Gase will remain. 

SAR I

Williams was here before Gase. He may not have wanted him, but he needed a job. Gase has CJ's ear, obviously, and if he wants Williams whacked, it will happen. Gase will survive everyone. This is going to be a Stalin type purge.

• Post of the Week 1

imo williams is speaking the truth.  he's completely right about the offense not helping things by helping the defense defend a long field or putting up enough points so the other team becomes ore one dimensional.  this is how defenses help the offense and vice versa.  there's no mystery to it.  but he also needs to assume most of the blame for a unit that can't seem to get many 3 and outs or stop teams from converting on 3rd and long.  i suppose it's possible adams meant that much to the team but most likely it's that the players just aren't making good decisions.  how much of that is talent level and how much is bad coaching is hard to say.  it seems to me the defense only lost adams , roberts and trumaine.  it's hard to say their replacements are worse, especially not in roberts or trumaine's case.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets offense has been neglected by Idzik and Maccagnan for a decade.  We have more talent on D than we do on O.  And the injuries are hitting us deeply at WR, we're playing guys who wouldn't make an XFL roster, and our QB is out too.

Injuries are crippling our O.  Not so our D.  That's just bad coaching.

SAR I

Come on. Really? More talent on the defensive side?

you gotta be joking.

Name one player on the defensive side of the ball that any other team would love to have starting on their team?

Exactly.

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

I can live with young players complaining about the situation, but Gregg Williams has been the single worst performing member of the organization this year, bar none.  He's the most experienced and accomplished coach on the staff, he had a very encouraging season last year, and his fall from 2019 to 2020 has to be the worst by any member of the coordinator fraternity in the league.

SAR I

The take of someone who has spent 40+ years watching football, and still doesn’t understand it.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You can’t have it both ways there SAR I.

If you say that Gase can’t be successful without better players than Williams should be allowed the same excuse.

Oh SAR will say that.  He still gives credit to Gase for 6-2 in the 2nd half last year, despite now saying GW is fully responsible for the defense.

• Post of the Week 1

On 10/16/2020 at 11:44 PM, SAR I said:

I can live with young players complaining about the situation, but Gregg Williams has been the single worst performing member of the organization this year, bar none.  He's the most experienced and accomplished coach on the staff, he had a very encouraging season last year, and his fall from 2019 to 2020 has to be the worst by any member of the coordinator fraternity in the league.

SAR I

Soooo keep Gase but let’s get rid of GW. Gotcha.

2CF46F63-B073-4772-AC1B-4FC652638676.gif

• Upvote 2

He is way over-rated as a coach and a man particularly if you value honesty

and decency, in a coach as a  representative of your team. Spare me from

defensive co. that are over reliant on the blitz. **** Ryan, **** Bowles and

especially **** the Bounty Hunter for blitzing DBs instead of finding or developing

edge rushers. GW should have insisted with the power that came with his undeserved

reputation, that our fat ass GM get off his tuchas and lasso an edge rushing demon

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Come on. Really? More talent on the defensive side?

you gotta be joking.

Name one player on the defensive side of the ball that any other team would love to have starting on their team?

Exactly.

Jamal Adams and CJ Mosley [would be playing if they didn't hate Gregg Williams].  Marcus Maye, Bradley MacDougald, Pierre Desir, Avery Williamson, and Quinnen Williams [would all be starters on other teams].

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The take of someone who has spent 40+ years watching football, and still doesn’t understand it.

Missed tackles
Whiffed sacks
Foolish penalties
Huge chunk plays
Gamechanging PI's
Gamechanging PF's

Doesn't take a PHD in football to see that our defense is not giving a full and committed effort.  This is what Gregg Williams does everywhere he goes.  First year the discipline is embraced and the squad plays beyond its abilities.  Years thereafter they zone out and take entire quarters or games off.

SAR I

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh SAR will say that.  He still gives credit to Gase for 6-2 in the 2nd half last year, despite now saying GW is fully responsible for the defense.

Not true.

AG and GW get full credit each for elevating their squads and finishing strong last year.

But this year?  AG lost every WR, lost his starting RB, lost his QB, lost his LT.  All the replacements for the players we lost last year?  Out on IR. 

GW?  Lost his box safety.  That's it.  Compared to last December and January, he's got more players, he's got his starters back healthy, he's got free agents and traded players that were actual NFL starters.

So unless you're willing to say that Jamal Adams was the NFL's greatest defensive player since Lawrence Taylor, the fall of the Jets D is inexplicable compared to the Jets O which has legitimate reasons for its regression.  Gase is scrambling to just get XFL players on the field with a backup quarterback.  What's Gregg's excuse for playing so badly with the same group of guys sans Jamal and plus Williamson, Desir, MacDougald, etc.?

SAR I

On 10/16/2020 at 10:19 PM, DoubleDecker said:

This is why Parcells, Belichick, etc... don't allow assistants to speak during the season.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Soooo keep Gase but let’s get rid of GW. Gotcha.

If we had to make the call today, yes.

Gase is struggling because the O is crippled by injuries.

Gregg is struggling because.....because.....because......why?  He lost Jamal, but he gained his injured starters back plus upgrades in the form of starters from the Colts and Seahawks.  He's got the bodies.  He's coaching poorly.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Missed tackles
Whiffed sacks
Foolish penalties
Huge chunk plays
Gamechanging PI's
Gamechanging PF's

Doesn't take a PHD in football to see that our defense is not giving a full and committed effort.  This is what Gregg Williams does everywhere he goes.  First year the discipline is embraced and the squad plays beyond its abilities.  Years thereafter they zone out and take entire quarters or games off.

SAR I

“Chunk plays”

best friends love GIF