Marty Lyons on JetNation Radio

Maxman

Marty Lyons

Marty Lyons, If These Walls Could Talk
Marty Lyons called in today on a special episode of JetNation Radio. Our host Glenn Naughton spoke to Marty about the current state of the team and the frustration that Jets fans are feeling today. Marty talks about the job that Joe Douglas has in front of him and how he is going about rebuilding the culture in Florham Park. They also discuss the evaluation process for Sam Darnold and the coaching staff as well as the decisions the team could be facing this offseason.

The former # 1 draft pick also talks about the early days of his Jets career and playing under Coach Bryant at Alabama. He shares a memory about another Jets legend Dennis Byrd. Marty’s message to Jets fans is don’t give up.

We would like to thank Marty Lyons for taking the time to join the show. Please check out the Marty Lyons Foundation and the only way to purchase your autographed copy, complete with a personalized message to you or someone else, is by Clicking Here!

The post Marty Lyons on JetNation Radio appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
zLkO-Pz4uJw

Click here to read the full story...

Please listen to a special episode of JetNation Radio. Glenn Naughton @AFJF interviewed Marty Lyons and it is excellent.

Marty Lyons called in today on a special episode of JetNation Radio. Our host Glenn Naughton spoke to Marty about the current state of the team and the frustration that Jets fans are feeling today. Marty talks about the job that Joe Douglas has in front of him and how he is going about rebuilding the culture in Florham Park. They also discuss the evaluation process for Sam Darnold and the coaching staff as well as the decisions the team could be facing this offseason.

The former # 1 draft pick also talks about the early days of his Jets career and playing under Coach Bryant at Alabama. He shares a memory about another Jets legend Dennis Byrd. Marty’s message to Jets fans is don’t give up.

We would like to thank Marty Lyons for taking the time to join the show. Please check out the Marty Lyons Foundation and the only way to purchase your autographed copy, complete with a personalized message to you or someone else, is by Clicking Here!

Read Namath's book last year and really enjoyed it.  As I said to Marty in the interview, knowing now that all proceeds are going to his foundation to help terminally ill children, I'll be buying another copy from his web site.  I rarely ever give to charities because I don't trust the people at the top who can skim 98% off and give 2% to their cause.  I don't have that concern with Marty so I'll be donating regularly from here on out.

• Upvote 3

Hey, Marty. I'm so glad he made a full recovery from that stroke that he had, one of my favorite Jets. And he's so not a homer like Greg Bubbles. Not that Homerism isn't OK on some level, but Bubbles is so partial that he can't be discerning at all. The Jets will get leveled and he'll still come out with something like, "But so and so made a nice tackle. You gotta go with the positives here."