So, how will the Jets screw this up? (Because we all know they're going to) #TankForTrevor

The Tank plan is too simple and straightforward. How will it get screwed up?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Tank for Trevor plan fall on its face?

• The usual way. Jets win a meaningless game late in the season and miss out on the #1 pick.
    • The Jets go winless but still miss out on the #1 pick due to some strange COVID forfeit or related abnormality or shenanigan that would only happen to the Jets. (possibly involving Belichick somehow)
    • The Jets get the #1 pick but Trevor Lawrence comes to his senses, realizes that the girls at Clemson are more fun than playing for the ****ing Jets and he goes back to school for another year.
    • Some other totally crazy Jetsy situation that could only happen here (ex. They turn in the draft pick late and someone jumps them. They turn in a draft card with the wrong name on it, etc.)
    • The Jets trade down from #1 (You read that right. Because Jets.)
    • It seems to work perfectly. The Jets draft Trevor Lawrence, they trade Darnold for good value, but then discover Trevor has a degenerative disc in his back or is going blind in one eye so that his career only lasts 2 years.
    • It seems to work perfectly. The Jets draft Trevor Lawrence, they trade Darnold for good value, but then Gase ruins his new QB the way the ****ing Jets have ruined every other good thing they've ever had. (and Darnold probably wins a Super Bowl as a Saint)
    • Other?

I chose other...

We get the pick.

We get the player. 

Something happens, Captain James Morgan needs to play, and he plays lights out. When it comes time to make an RGIII or Kirk Cousins decision, we choose the wrong one and watch the other go on to tremendous success battling Darnold in four successive SuperBowls.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It's all too easy.

Bad team.  Historically bad team losing by multiple touchdowns every weekend even to other bad teams.

There's almost no way the Jets can mess up the Tank for Trevor, right?

right?

I predict the Jets will surprise us with their creativity.  This will be their coup de grâce.  Maybe we'll actually get him and he'll live up to billing but society will fall apart so who will even care?!  Something along those lines.

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I predict the Jets will surprise us with their creativity.  This will be their coup de grâce.  Maybe we'll actually get him and he'll live up to billing but society will fall apart so who will even care?!  Something along those lines.

Just as T-Law and the Jets are about to take the field at the Super Bowl, the bombs drop.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Least my Aunt and my Dad be happy. Us getting Trevor and destroying another young promising QB makes no one happy. Especially you and I my friend. 

What if the Jets get Lawrence and he is the real deal? 

The Jets are overdue for the curse to end. The Chiefs finally won another Super Bowl after a 50 year drought, but it took a real QB.

16 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

He ain't coming to NY Peyton Manning 2.0

7 hours ago, predator_05 said:

I'm surprised this wasn't an option.

There's also a possibility that the Jets take....someone else at 1.01.

Like the Browns took Mayfield over Darnold. 

That was the third option.  He goes back to Clemson.

8 hours ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Holy hell. Splitting image and same kind of hat too. I hate those kind of hats. Slouch hats.

Did Woody teach him everything that he knows?

Honestly I think Chris said he learned everything he knew sitting in the corner during his brothers meeting. Probably spanking it. 

• Haha 1