Mock Off Season

maury77

I used fanspeak GM for the free agency and the draft network for the draft

HC: Jim Harbaugh

Jets need a culture changer at HC. Harbaugh is that. 

Cuts:

Henry Anderson - DLGeorge Fant - OTRyan Griffin - TE

Anderson & Griffin are obvious. I like Fant, but I'd move on and give the RT spot to Chuma, who has looked good this year and he's on his rookie deal. 

Resignings

Joe Flacco - QB ($5,000,000)Brian Poole - CB ($6,000,000)Marcus Maye - S ($6,750,000)

Jets will need a backup QB. I extended Poole for 4 years and Maye for 3. 

FA signings:

Tevin Coleman - RB ($3,200,000)Allen Robinson - WR ($12,750,000)Gerald Everett - TE ($6,000,000)Alex Anzalone - LB ($7,500,000)Joe Thuney - G ($11,550,000)Bashaud Breeland - CB ($7,500,000)Carl Lawson - EDGE ($5,600,000)

Robinson and Thuney are the big signins with Robinson getting 17 million annually & Thuney getting 16.5 million. The rest are reasonable vet signings who are still young and didn't cost a lot. I wanted to do more at edge, but the talent available didn't merit big $$$. 

Draft

423638230_ScreenShot2020-10-17at5_50_12PM.thumb.png.72f41db836fe28ace8706c1e52a480f8.png

I flipped Darnold to PItt for an extra 2nd rounder this year. 

New Lineup

QB: T Law

RB: Let Coleman, Perine & Brown compete to see who starts, but play RBC. 

WR: Robinson, Mims & Crowder (nice trio)

TE:Let Everett & Herndon battle it out. 

OL: Becton, Trey Smith, McGovern, Thuney, Edoga (this is a top 10 OL IMO)

Defense switches to a 4-3

DL: Quinnen & Foley

Edge: Let JFM, Huff, Zuniga, Patrick Jones , Oweh and Jaelan Phillips battle it out to see who should start, but there is some good young talent here. 

LB: Anzalone, Mosely and whoever wins between Cashman and Browning

Cb: Bryce Hall, Poole and Breeland (this is the one place I wish I could have done more, but the FA class was meh and the draft didn't fall my way)

S: Maye & Davis

Special Teams: Fricken & Mann

• Upvote 3

Why cut Fant?  He’s played well, his contract isn’t bad and you need OL depth and Edoga is a fine swing tackle on a reasonable contract, moving him to a starting spot makes the OL weaker in both talent and depth. 

I agree and I struggled with that one. At the end of the day, I wanted to use the savings from Fant’s contract to sign Thuney, who I had to pay 16.5 million a year to sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, BCJet said:

Why cut Fant?  He’s played well, his contract isn’t bad and you need OL depth and Edoga is a fine swing tackle on a reasonable contract, moving him to a starting spot makes the OL weaker in both talent and depth. 

Same thought here. Edoga seems to get hurt all the time. Wouldn't hand him anything just yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/18/2020 at 8:26 PM, Maxman said:

Same thought here. Edoga seems to get hurt all the time. Wouldn't hand him anything just yet.

I like Edoga as a RT with an emergency use only at LT.  This has been discussed here quite a bit but having him focus on RT exclusively could really help.  I think he'd be more than serviceable and could, dare I say, even be a good RT in a year or two.  But agree 100% on the injury concern.  He's been in the tent or in the training room way too much to be considered reliable.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2020 at 5:56 PM, maury77 said:

Cuts:

Anderson & Griffin are obvious. I like Fant, but I'd move on and give the RT spot to Chuma, who has looked good this year and he's on his rookie deal. 

Resignings

Joe Flacco - QB ($5,000,000)Brian Poole - CB ($6,000,000)Marcus Maye - S ($6,750,000)

FA signings:

Tevin Coleman - RB ($3,200,000)Allen Robinson - WR ($12,750,000)Gerald Everett - TE ($6,000,000)Alex Anzalone - LB ($7,500,000)Joe Thuney - G ($11,550,000)Bashaud Breeland - CB ($7,500,000)Carl Lawson - EDGE ($5,600,000)

Robinson and Thuney are the big signins with Robinson getting 17 million annually & Thuney getting 16.5 million. The rest are reasonable vet signings who are still young and didn't cost a lot. I wanted to do more at edge, but the talent available didn't merit big $$$. 

Draft

423638230_ScreenShot2020-10-17at5_50_12PM.thumb.png.72f41db836fe28ace8706c1e52a480f8.png

New Lineup

Edge: Let JFM, Huff, Zuniga, Patrick Jones , Oweh and Jaelan Phillips battle it out to see who should start, but there is some good young talent here. 

Cb: Bryce Hall, Poole and Breeland (this is the one place I wish I could have done more, but the FA class was meh and the draft didn't fall my way)

I believe the Jets need a C. The problem with the interior of the line is not just Van Roten. McGovern has not played to the level he did last season. I'd prefer to not sign Thuney and move McGovern to G and draft a C.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2020 at 2:56 PM, maury77 said:

I

New Lineup

I'm gonna go ahead and shoot a hole in your balloon...  

Forget the defense. As Lith pointed out in another area - focus on getting the QB right/and supported. Make due with our current roster plus some odds and ends in FA... but outside of unexpected dime dropping in our laps - fck 'em.... No Jones or Oweh. 

If those are the picks we got - Gimme a WR, RB, TE, OG, OT to kick things off. 

• Lawrence
  • RB Etienne
  • WR A St. Brown
  • C J. Morrisey (Pitt)
  • TE J. Ruckert
  • OG T. Smith Vols

thats how this draft has to start

• Sympathy 1

I'm gonna go ahead and shoot a hole in your balloon...  
Forget the defense. As Lith pointed out in another area - focus on getting the QB right/and supported. Make due with our current roster plus some odds and ends in FA... but outside of unexpected dime dropping in our laps - fck 'em.... No Jones or Oweh. 
If those are the picks we got - Gimme a WR, RB, TE, OG, OT to kick things off. 
  • Lawrence
  • RB Etienne
  • WR A St. Brown
  • C J. Morrisey (Pitt)
  • TE J. Ruckert
  • OG T. Smith Vols
thats how this draft has to start

You love the defense and you know it :) actually, I’m slightly encouraged by Huff and JFM. If Zuniga can flash, I may only pick 1 edge rusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/17/2020 at 5:56 PM, maury77 said:

Cuts:

Resignings

FA signings:

Draft

New Lineup

Gotta ask, what makes you think Robinson signs for $13m and Thuney for $12m? I love both additions but Robinson was getting $15m per year and Thuney just got $14.5m. I don't know how they'd breakdown signing bonus etc but I'd assume the cap hits for each would be roughly:

Robinson $20m per year (makes him tied for 5th highest paid WR, I think we will have to overpay to get him here)

Thuney $15m per year, I believe he was going to be out top option last year so we circle back around and lock him in.

Not that either would really be hard to swing since we won't have to pay Sam, next player in line for a pay day isn't going to be for a while with Quinnen.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Gotta ask, what makes you think Robinson signs for $13m and Thuney for $12m? I love both additions but Robinson was getting $15m per year and Thuney just got $14.5m. I don't know how they'd breakdown signing bonus etc but I'd assume the cap hits for each would be roughly:

Robinson $20m per year (makes him tied for 5th highest paid WR, I think we will have to overpay to get him here)

Thuney $15m per year, I believe he was going to be out top option last year so we circle back around and lock him in.

Not that either would really be hard to swing since we won't have to pay Sam, next player in line for a pay day isn't going to be for a while with Quinnen.

I don't think they would sign for that, but Fanspeak does the conversions like that for the 1st year bonus. I signed Allen Robinson for 3 years, 17 million per, with 40% guaranteed. I signed Thuney for 16.5 million a year for 4 years, 45% guaranteed. 

• Upvote 1