Mora on Trevor Lawrence

25 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Luck or Peyton weren’t praised like this either.

Unless I’m forgetting someone, the only other person I remember being talked about like this was Elway.

Luck was the biggest  hipe for several years while in college... 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

I don’t think that’s possible, but we’ll see!

When Ryan Fitzpatrick is the starting QB for the other team, a W can never be counted out.  Dolphins are better in all phases, but Fitz can be a great equalizer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

I haven't watched the Falcons this year, but I have Ridley on my fantasy team and I have to think between him and Julio, the Falcons will squeak out 1 to 2 more wins than the Jets. 

Most likely, but I doubt the go 0-16 or 1-15.   I think we’ll be looking at a few teams at 3-13.   

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I haven't watched the Falcons this year, but I have Ridley on my fantasy team and I have to think between him and Julio, the Falcons will squeak out 1 to 2 more wins than the Jets. 

Said thing is that they lost 2 games just like they lost the SB. Never learned. I seriously doubt we get the #1 pick. Our SOS will kill us in the end It's tough to lose 11 games in a row in the NFL

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Next year they will say the same thing about the next guy. Not saying lawrence can't be special, he is a good prospect but a prospect none the less. Keep in mind these same experts crapped all over brady.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes and no. The thing is the 2000 draft only had one first round qb , chaddy, and the next guy wasn’t taken until round 2 or 3. It was just a down year and teams weren’t looking that hard. As for Brady, he did do well in a big time college program but had the share time so that probably counted against him and was thin and gangly. He needed to sit for a year before getting the right strength.  It happens.

1 hour ago, Ben Had said:

Luck was the biggest  hipe for several years while in college... 

I know he was and he was the best prospect since Elway, which is why I used him as an example.

But Trevor is being praised even more so.

People weren’t saying that Luck would turn around a team from Day 1, and even a small segment of people were pushing RGIII as the top pick.

The most highly touted QB’s I’ve ever seen in order were

Elway - Lawrence - Luck - Peyton

2 hours ago, section314 said:

On one of the ESPN college channels yesterday, he said that Lawrence is one of the top 7 QB's in all of football, NFL included.  Said he could come in right now and win games in the NFL. Can't remember a guy saying that about any prospect in a very long time, if ever.

for this reason alone, the Jets have no chance of getting Lawrence.   this franchise is uniquely cursed where we don't know how they'll ruin it but the one certainty in life is that they will somehow ruin getting the #1 overall pick. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Yes and no. The thing is the 2000 draft only had one first round qb , chaddy, and the next guy wasn’t taken until round 2 or 3. It was just a down year and teams weren’t looking that hard. As for Brady, he did do well in a big time college program but had the share time so that probably counted against him and was thin and gangly. He needed to sit for a year before getting the right strength.  It happens.

Was he thin and gangly?  It seemed like he was flabby and slow.

1 hour ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Yesterday, Lawrence just threw his 1st INT in almost 1 year.

He was 13 passes away from beating Russel Wilsons record.

Not hard when receivers are wide open every play. How much of this is Lawrence and how much of it is the team around him? I watched him the last two weeks because of all the hype, although I normally don't watch college. Every reception was by a wide open receiver; any throws into coverage were either off the mark, intercepted, or blocked.

Look, the kid looks good, but I haven't yet seen him throw one accurate pass to a receiver in tight coverage, or hit a receiver in stride where the receiver didn't have to catch the ball at his knees, wait for it, or change direction.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I know he was and he was the best prospect since Elway, which is why I used him as an example.

But Trevor is being praised even more so.

People weren’t saying that Luck would turn around a team from Day 1, and even a small segment of people were pushing RGIII as the top pick.

The most highly touted QB’s I’ve ever seen in order were

Elway - Lawrence - Luck - Peyton

Peyton was and still is the greatest prospect to ever come out. The only people that didn’t believe he’d be a FQB were either Leaf guys or anti Tenn (he can’t win the big one blah blah blah). From a physical, mechanical and cerebral standpoint, no one has ever been more of a “perfect” prospect.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Next year they will say the same thing about the next guy. Not saying lawrence can't be special, he is a good prospect but a prospect none the less. Keep in mind these same experts crapped all over brady.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

And debated whether Ryan Leaf should be the #1 pick over Peyton Manning.

• Upvote 1

Luck or Peyton weren’t praised like this either.
Unless I’m forgetting someone, the only other person I remember being talked about like this was Elway.

I was not a huge Darnold fan. Felt like he could be a good QB who could make some amazing plays at times. I feel like you nailed it and that Lawrence is the best prospect since Elway. I have literally never seen a college QB since then who could throw so well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, viffer said:

Not hard when receivers are wide open every play. How much of this is Lawrence and how much of it is the team around him? I watched him the last two weeks because of all the hype, although I normally don't watch college. Every reception was by a wide open receiver; any throws into coverage were either off the mark, intercepted, or blocked.

Look, the kid looks good, but I haven't yet seen him throw one accurate pass to a receiver in tight coverage, or hit a receiver in stride where the receiver didn't have to catch the ball at his knees, wait for it, or change direction.

I’m not as big as most on Lawrence, but he did throw a deadly accurate TD pass yesterday in a tight window where only his receiver could catch it.

All of these guys have skills, success in the NFL required the ability to make good decisions while under pressure from rushers and the ability to make a pre snap read of the D to know who the best target will be on a particular pass play. I do think both of these things can be learned but a QB is way ahead if he has them from Day 1. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1