Interested again?

I was entirely disinterested in this season up until about 3 weeks ago.  I had no desire to watch the NFL at all - really not even the Jets.  I basically followed to keep up to date on JetNation.
But now!!! I'm 100% back-in.  Watching with enthusiasm again!
It's sad and I hate that this is the case but it really does feel like it can turn around this franchise.  I've never rooted for losses before and certainly not by week 6.  But damn, suck it up for another 11 weeks and everything is different.
Anyone else feel this way?
Rooting for losses?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I was entirely disinterested in this season up until about 3 weeks ago.  I had no desire to watch the NFL at all - really not even the Jets.  I basically followed to keep up to date on JetNation.

It's sad and I hate that this is the case but it really does feel like it can turn around this franchise.  I've never rooted for losses before and certainly not by week 6.  But damn, suck it up for another 11 weeks and everything is different.

How Dare You Reaction GIF by Bounce

We are very unlikely to land this guy .. too many tankers ahead of us.

Yes!  I'm not happy that I feel this way. 
I've never done it before.  Honestly, always against tanking and rooting for loses.  Never in my entire time as a fan!
But right now - getting TL is simply too enticing.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes!  I'm not happy that I feel this way. 

I've never done it before.  Honestly, always against tanking and rooting for loses.  Never in my entire time as a fan!

But right now - getting TL is simply too enticing.

You do know that the odds are we won't lose every game so Lawrence is pretty much a pipedream. I mean 0-16 is nearly as rare as perfect seasons.

• Upvote 2

I haven’t seen the fuss about lawrence yet. Not arguing against it because I haven’t seen him be bad either.

Its an easier game when you’re surrounded by top notch talent nfl level players at every level. 

the little I’ve seen is mostly screens. Also, throws up where the big wideouts can get it. Im Excited to learn more as season goes on.

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No way can I watch a Jets vs. Dolphins game and root for the Dolphins.  

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Never cared less about a season.  It was over before their week 2 game was over.  The head coach is an idiot, the franchise QB is going to be great for somebody else, and it'll be another partial reset next season with 25 or so new players on the roster in 2021.

We're watching a bunch of players who won't be on this team beyond this season playing for a narcissistic head coach who has more excuses that he does wins.

They probably end up playing a couple of teams down the stretch who bench their starters and hand them a couple wins to screw up draft position.

Other than that I'm pretty pumped.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I always want the jets to win even they might come out better in the future if they lose.  The thing is the future is uncertain and the end is always near.  In a perfect world the jets will win their next 11. In a moderately perfect world they get the no 1 pick in the draft.  It’s win-win either way.

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You do know that the odds are we won't lose every game so Lawrence is pretty much a pipedream. I mean 0-16 is nearly as rare as perfect seasons.

Yes....but watching and rooting for wins is the same idea.  I can hope can't I?

I think a pipedream isn't the right word.  The fact is, and I'm sure you'll agree, tight now, the Jets are the favorite to land him.

Now, I agree, there are many others that can land him too, but you have to concede we are the favorites.  When was the last time we can say the Jets were the favorites about anything. that about anything?

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No. I just cannot root for the Jets to lose. But I might be a tad less upset when we lose, and would be exciting to have the #1 pick. We certainly have the team for it, but the Falcons could easily go 0-16 with their schedule. We could actually go 0-16 and not get the #1 pick. At the end of the day we still have Sam Darnold who I still believe can be the guy he just needs better players around him and an offense that fits him , so I'd rather see the Jets win and have Mims, and Vyncint and Perriman show something the last 11 weeks and Darnold to really develop than just hope we continue to look completely clueless and get the #1 pick.

I will say this though. If we get Lawrence we better have a completely new regime and be coming off a draft that is entirely offense. Can't ruin another QB.

Also, if we are say 0-11 then you need to put Morgan in and see what he has. If we do draft Trevor we likely try and move Darnold and we need White or Morgan to be a viable backup or even 2021 starter if we redshirt Trevor.

28 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Who's ahead of us?

There are certainly tankers with us, but no one ahead of us.  We have an all-time bad team.  We have the worst roster in the NFL and awful HC and a DC that has just begun infighting. 

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I feel the exact opposite way.  Coming into this season, I was excited and hopeful.  I was looking forward to watching Darnold and the rookies develop and had a glimmer of hope for the future of this team.  Now, 6 weeks in, I have never felt less hopeful about this team currently and for the future.  This is the worst Jets team of all time from top to bottom and I see no way to get out of this vicious cycle of 3rd rate coaches and GM's screwing up rebuild after rebuild until the Johnsons are no longer the owners.  

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

I feel the exact opposite way.  Coming into this season, I was excited and hopeful.  I was looking forward to watching Darnold and the rookies develop and had a glimmer of hope for the future of this team.  Now, 6 weeks in, I have never felt less hopeful about this team currently and for the future.  This is the worst Jets team of all time from top to bottom and I see no way to get out of this vicious cycle of 3rd rate coaches and GM's screwing up rebuild after rebuild until the Johnsons are no longer the owners.  

I hear ya and maybe it's because I came into the season knowing JD had already given up on the year and Sam.  So to me, it was a wasted year anyway - but I thought Sam was good enough on his own to steal a few games.  I didn't really think TL was a chance.  But now that it's a real possibility it hard not to be excited about the opportunity.

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And the odds that another team will lose every game are better than ours?  What sense does that make, especially when you take our strength of schedule, which everyone cried about all offseason.  

Youre right the odds arent good that any team goes 0-16.  But thats not what we're competing for, we're competing to have the worst record, not to be 0-16.  

3 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

They will lose today, 100% . However, if sam and Becton back next week, and all wrs , including Mims play, Do not be surprised if they beat buffalo.

Not a chance, the Bills have a really solid team.  We cant stop their offense or score against their defense 

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I hear ya and maybe it's because I came into the season knowing JD had already given up on the year and Sam.  So to me, it was a wasted year anyway - but I thought Sam was good enough on his own to steal a few games.  I didn't really think TL was a chance.  But now that it's a real possibility it hard not to be excited about the opportunity.

In a vacuum, hoping your team gets the next great QB prospect is as exciting as it gets for a fan rooting for a crappy team, but in this case, we all know that unless something changes, Lawrence will suffer the same fate as Darnold has as long as the Johnson's are in charge and the front office structure remains as it is.  The team is set up to be perpetually stuck in a 4 year rebuild cycle and we are forced to suck on the miserable results year after year.  How much more can this fanbase take?

Whatever happens, happens. If guys keep getting injured we can try all we want & wont have the horses to win a game. Who the hell knows, maybe JD watches the college game & sees Fields as a guy who fits right in to this new NFL. Win or lose, I just don't want to see players quit. Most importantly for the remainder of the season is finding out which of these drafted players can develop. Becton sans injuries is a player, that has been obvious. I want to see Mims & every other draft pick play in these last 11. 

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes....but watching and rooting for wins is the same idea.  I can hope can't I?

I think a pipedream isn't the right word.  The fact is, and I'm sure you'll agree, tight now, the Jets are the favorite to land him.

Now, I agree, there are many others that can land him too, but you have to concede we are the favorites.  When was the last time we can say the Jets were the favorites about anything. that about anything?

We don't know what happens. I doubt Gase is on board with tanking even though JD is doing everything on his power to do it. 

27 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No. I just cannot root for the Jets to lose. But I might be a tad less upset when we lose, and would be exciting to have the #1 pick. We certainly have the team for it, but the Falcons could easily go 0-16 with their schedule. We could actually go 0-16 and not get the #1 pick. At the end of the day we still have Sam Darnold who I still believe can be the guy he just needs better players around him and an offense that fits him , so I'd rather see the Jets win and have Mims, and Vyncint and Perriman show something the last 11 weeks and Darnold to really develop than just hope we continue to look completely clueless and get the #1 pick.

I will say this though. If we get Lawrence we better have a completely new regime and be coming off a draft that is entirely offense. Can't ruin another QB.

Also, if we are say 0-11 then you need to put Morgan in and see what he has. If we do draft Trevor we likely try and move Darnold and we need White or Morgan to be a viable backup or even 2021 starter if we redshirt Trevor.

If we draft Lawrence, he is starting day one. There is no way he sits and we start Morgan. There would be a player revolt. 

A couple of things to keep in mind, the only teams picking ahead of us right now (Giants and Falcons) have more talent and are better coached.  They also play much easier schedules.  Atl could win their next two games. The Giants still play Was and Phi twice each this season.  

The Jets schedule is absolutely brutal.  Our only chances for victory are Miami where we are 9.5 point underdogs and at LAC.

As far as rooting for losses, look at it this way.  The only players on this team that will be part of the rebuild are guys we drafted this year and very few others.  Maybe Quinnen, Fatukasi, Phillips, and F. Myers.

So are we to root for Flacco, Perriman, and Gore to play lights out and win an upset so we can lose out on the best QB prospect in 38 years?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You are likely correct but I am starting to think the red shirt thing is a better approach to a rookie QB.

If you have Alex Smith as a starter and talent like KC had, yeah, it works. Nobody else does it unless they are being careful like the Fins are with Tua who is coming off a major injury. 

I have never pulled for the Jets to lose. I’ve been a fan for 55 years now and have struggled through some horrible horrible seasons but still can’t cheer for a loss. I get the allure of a shiny new QB and that would probably be the best outcome but I still just can’t do it.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

No. Nothing will ever fix this franchise 

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Of all the tank teams we are the worst. It’s not even close. We have more injuries. There is more dysfunction on the coaching staff. Both offense and defense are at the bottom tiers in NFL. Our ‘franchise QB’ is lost in the woods. We have no weapons on offense OR defense other than bore the opposing teams to sleep. The other tank teams, Giants, Broncos, Jags, Washington, Lions, Falcons have all shown signs of life and at least play competitively. Our upcoming schedule is brutal with only the Fins, Chargers and Raiders as outside possibilities to pull off an upset. And those 3 teams are all playing much better and have a more talented roster than we do. Bottom line is WE SUCK.  At least we are good at something...The Trevor Stakes.