JD has to do something about Gase and Williams

Until today, I thought there wasn’t much of a chance gase got fired until the end of the season. Watching this team play, it looks like they have no will to play. This team isn’t playing for gase anymore. This looks like bare minimum effort. I don’t think the jets have fired a coach mid season before but I think it’s time they buck the trend and try to salvage whatever is left of this season. It needs to be done, this is some of the worst football I’ve ever seen.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No other organization would this kind of relationship be allowed to exist between two upper management guys. This is about the best excuse I have ever seen for JD to clean house. 

JD does not make decisions on the coaching staff. He is only in charge of player acquisitions and releases.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

No other organization would this kind of relationship be allowed to exist between two upper management guys. This is about the best excuse I have ever seen for JD to clean house. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They don't report to him so what's he supposed to do?

@More Cowbell read the following. Lol. JD has no power based on hierarchy.  

I hope and pray CJ gives JD full control after this laughable performance on offense. sh*t. This is the norm for us. 

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Joe Douglas should be ashamed for fielding this team. This supposed intentional tank wasn't the initial plan.. it just turned into the only option. 

That's generally how all successful tanks happen.  

We finally have a GM that can get us the # 1 pick and people want to admonish him.  Unreal.  Because spending big to go 4-12 or 5-11 is soooooo much better!

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

@More Cowbell read the following. Lol. JD has no power based on hierarchy.  

I hope and pray CJ gives JD full control after this laughable performance on offense. sh*t. This is the norm for us. 

Watching the post game. They are saying even the Fins that Tanked last season were in games. The Jets are out of the game in the first qrt

1 hour ago, Icer said:

Looking like these two are getting fired tonight

One could only hope.... I've never seen a more blatant example of a HC needing to be fired and yet they are allowed to continue. In 1996, the fans had more hope that the Jets would start winning games than the fans do now. I know as a lifelong fan I've never been this depressed about the Jets. Via incompetency, they've managed to drive fans away from actually watching the game. When the Jets losing is as predictable as death and taxes, it will actually drive fans away. We all know this personal experience we are going through right now. I want a new HC so I can actually have hope. While Gase remains there I have no hope.